• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4Chan: PlayStation Plans 2023

bitbydeath

Good chance it’s fake as full plans are rarely accurate, aside from that one time. Although still a fun read.

- PC ports planned for the next 12 months include Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima (DC), Demon's Souls, Horizon Forbidden West.

- NaughtyDog will reveal a PS5 port of Last of Us 2, a new Uncharted game that is both a sequel to U4 and a soft reboot to the series that they are offering support development of with the primary devs being Malaysia and Visual Arts studio, the release of the Last of Us multiplayer game for Summer/Fall 2023, and a new IP set in an open world fantasy game.

- The only IPs getting revived on PS5 are Killzone (VR) after release of Call of the Mountain, Motorstorm, Ape Escape (developer unknown), and PS AllStars Battle Royale

- PlayStation Showcase coming in June, State of Plays in February/March and May.

- Sucker Punch is working on a new IP.

- Reveals for Bend, Pixelopus and Asobi's projects

- Media Molecule is making a Dreams sequel, which is an expanded version of Dreams on PS5 with VR2 support

- Several GaaS titles will get a full reveal (Firewall, Deviation, London, Guerrilla, ND, and Arrowhead)

- New PS2 emulator and an official PS3 emulator.

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/623446296#p623446296

anthony2690

Banned
Even on fake 4chan leaks there is mention off Bloodborne ;)

Edit: I honestly can't see Sony making a PS3 emulator, I just can't imagine they care enough, unless they are just going to port their first party ps3 titles to the service natively or something ?

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
4chan source
bb5

Salz01

Anther uncharted would be great. Need some pulp action. But doubt it since Neil hates the series. Also no mention of Spider-Man or Bluepoint game… just seems all speculative.

mortal

Gold Member
4chan rumors are more often wrong than they are right because it's mostly shitposting.
I'll never understand why some people lend so much consideration to some random anonymous wish lists on /v/

Just looking over that list, it's mostly things we've already known from prior reports and a few reasonable guesses thrown in.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Eh, I found this one interesting, and at least it’s not another Twitter or RetardEra fake rumour post. Twitter is the new PasteBin and Era is less accurate than 4Chan.
Most of those 4Chan threads are just bored kids making stuff up. Don't let them fool you mate.

SteadyEvo

Looks like my PS5 will remain boxed up.

Remastered TLOU2??? Can’t be true. There’s no need. Game looks and plays fantastic.

VR? I’m good…

Another Uncharted probably starring Drake’s daughter? Slightly interested

Sucker Punch and Bend reveals have my attention.

GaaS? Get the fuck outta here!

Even on fake 4chan leaks there is mention off Bloodborne ;)

Edit: I honestly can't see Sony making a PS3 emulator, I just can't imagine they care enough, unless they are just going to port their first party ps3 titles to the service natively or something ?
I disagree, I feel like its the best thing to announce if they were to raise the price of the highest tier of their subscription service.

They wouldn’t be able to outspend MS, but they can do this

There hasn't been a major PS event in a while, I expect there to be a huge wave of rumours over the next few months, all of them fake of course but it won't stop threads like this.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Most of those are totally believable though, but… Ape Escape would actually be perfect for VR, which means Sony won’t do it.

Quasicat

As much as I want a PS3 emulator on the PS5, I know that there would be very few releases that my PS3 will be still hooked up after they do it. Seriously, look at the promised PS1 releases on the service. It’s been four months and they still have very little to show for it.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Ps3 emulator means it’s fake. RPCS3 is open source. They should just modify and streamline it for ps5, but they won’t.

Top Bottom