• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan leak about PS5 design, price and games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
- CPU and GPU Clocks aren't super stable. Expect Third Party games to be over 30+% better on Xbox ( Please, do not expect PS5 to beat Xbox performance, not gonna happen like some crazy people are saying out there ).

- No VRS Tier 2 or Mesh Shaders.

- Expect Raytracing Performance to be over 40+% better on Xbox.

- PS5 Design is ugly and the box is huge. :'(

- Console heat dissipation is amazing. Console is super quiet.

- DualSense is great. Haptics are great and Batery Life is incredible.

- Dashboard is super impressive and revolutionary.

- SSD I/O Controller is super impressive. The SSD Speed is also variable.

- Tempest Engine is crazy good.

- Still targeting November 2020.

- Playstation Studios is bigger and better than ever was. ( Hello new studio )

- The price is $499

- Money Hat. Expect Sony to announce exclusive games from Capcom, Konami, Koei Tecmo, Atlus, Square Enix and Bethesda. This is PS1 and PS2 all over again. No joke!

- Expect multiples games from Second Party Studios for launch window and beyond.

- Naughty Dog and Santa Monica will announce new games already.

- Horizon 2 is super impressive graphically. No one is ready, really mind blowing visuals. Targeting early 2021.

- Spider-Man 2 Teaser + New Marvel Game will be announced.

- Imagine a playable Pixar movie. It's the new Ratchet and Clank. Launch Title.

- 2 Racing Games for launch window. Gran Turismo 7 is real and amazing and the other one is an incredible fictional futuristic racing game.

- Silent Hill is real.

- Half Life Alyx is coming to PSVR2.

- They're reviving 2 IP's from PS1 Era. You guys gonna love this.

- Sony will announce more games coming to PC. Dreams, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush, Gran Turismo and more. Be prepared!

Vía:
boards.4channel.org/v/thread/509896976

Fuente:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
A 4chan "leak" listing off a ton of negatives for one of the major brands?

images

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
"Expect Third Party games to be over 30+% better on Xbox " You cannot possibly know that. Nobody knows that.
Big and quiet? good. Hope "quiet" is quieter than current slim

Kumomeme

CPU and GPU Clocks aren't super stable. Expect Third Party games to be over 30+% better on Xbox ( Please, do not expect PS5 to beat Xbox performance, not gonna happen like some crazy people are saying out there )

well i believe lot of people already expected 3rd party games will be better on xbox series x..it obvious based on the specs sheet but i doubt it would be that massive ...also, even with the potential it theorically had, probably only first party devs can tapped in it.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Bethesda making anything exclusive sounds like fantasy land, a weird fantasy land considering they have no history of catering to PlayStation fans. I’m skeptical

Yeah, it seems BGS and Todd in particular felt like the OG Xbox having morrowind really helped save the company and want to keep supporting the brand.

Just looking at their announced titles, unless they’re going to say some game that’s already been announced for a year is now exclusive, it looks like ID is the only team not spoken for, and them having an exclusive would be shocking. Maybe a team from arkane on something smaller?

Eh I could care less about the box being ugly and huge. Its going to play God of War, Spiderman, Horizon, and every other PS exclusive. Its just going to sit under the TV. I'm not going to photograph it and put it in a glass case for display.

I am pretty skeptical about the power difference being so large. I know Xbox will have the edge, but it won't be a canyon sized gap. The UE5 used mesh shaders on PS5, so I'm not sure how accurate that point is.

And the Sony money hat practice from ps1 and ps2 is interesting. Those 2 Sony gens were easily the best line up of games in history, and it didn't make a difference whether the dreamcast was stronger than ps1 or whether the xbox and gamecube were stronger than the ps2. They all fell to Playstation's blade. Arrogant Sony derailed the PS3 and that gen wasn't as good as it could've been. Thankfully, they got back to basics for PS4 and this gen has been stellar.

I think the exclusive game line ups is what will decide this gen, which is great news for gamers. I honestly think console features and services are nice for marketing and checking boxes, but people will still buy a console with no features if the games are better.

kuncol02

Banned
A 4chan "leak" listing off a ton of negatives for one of the major brands?

images
To be fair devkit is huge and super ugly. Also there is constant stream of info about difficulties with keeping PS5 cool enough.
That "leak" have also tons of positive things, that still not change how fake it sounds.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
The way you can tell leaks are fake is when they won't include a single hint or rumor about a new IP that inevitably launches with the new system, not even a name. A genuine insider would likely have access to the basic marketing materials and at least the name of the title.

But instead it's always a huge list of fanboy-war fodder (like 50% more/less powerful than competition!!!, as if that would be an internal metric officially leaked from a company).

Normally I'd say this is fake and I'm sure some of the stuff in there is still fake as hell.

But if the presentation really is next week, I can kinda see some of details getting leaked on a place like 4Chan or Reddit tbh. Some things in there don't surprise me tbh.

Every 4chan thread should be segregated and moved to a separate subforum called "retarded."

There is no point to a thread like this. If you just replaced the OP with a random word generator we would be discussing something of equal value.

Kuranghi

We get told every gen it's a playable pixar movie.

And every gen I'm disappointed.

Yeah exactly, call me when they have 8x8 sample per-pixel motion blur so it can actually even approach what a pixar movie looks like. Even then though thats just one aspect, hopefully mesh shaders mean we'll get much closer to cinema quality assets at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom