• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4ch] The 2 Bluepoint games are Jak and Daxter Re-Trilogy and Legacy of Kain Remake, both for PS5

D.Final

Banned
Calling is only Legacy of Kain is very confusing tho, since it's name is Blood Omen.

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
Legacy of Kain: Defiance

so as you see, cutting off the end of the name can result in confusion.

in fact, for the first game (Blood Omen) the Legacy of Kain part was only the subtitle, it was officially called:
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

they changed that for all the following games.

I think that this Legacy of Kain Remake will be a total reboot for the franchise.
And for this reason maybe they have chosen to simply called Legacy of Kain.
(just like Tomb Raider [2013], or Hitman [2016])

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
So what’s so great about Legacy of Kain? I didn’t have the chance to play it and thought it was a Diablo 1-like game.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Nah.

The rumours of Bluepoint making a Demon's Souls remake are way too strong to dismiss.

I'm calling BS on this rumour, especially the Legacy of Kain. That's a multiplatform game and the IP is owned by Square.

killatopak

Gold Member
thank for the link but I was talking about Blood Omen.

I already knew how great and ambitious Soul Reaver was at the time. In large part due to how great the thread here in gaf about it were mainly thanks to mama robotnik

I was mainly referring to the prequel and not soul reaver.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
So what’s so great about Legacy of Kain? I didn’t have the chance to play it and thought it was a Diablo 1-like game.

First Legacy of Kain was more like Zelda. Obviously 2D Zelda-type games were not that common in that time, and it was also really good. It had some cool mechanics around being a vampire. It was a great game, the only thing that killed it was loading time.

D.Final

Banned
g5LoDk8.gif

The Hype is real :messenger_smiling_hearts:

snotcricket

Neo Member
I would really like to see this be true. (not holding my breath)
It's crazy how different Jak and Daxter is compared to Jak 2. I really wish they didn't try to follow GTA open world and continued on the collect-a-thon platformer path with the first installment and see how well they could have built on that first game. That being said I still have fond memories with that series.
Have only ever played Legacy of Kain: Defiance and would like to see that ip get more love and attention.

D.Final

Banned
It's crazy how different Jak and Daxter is compared to Jak 2. I really wish they didn't try to follow GTA open world and continued on the collect-a-thon platformer path with the first installment and see how well they could have built on that first game. That being said I still have fond memories with that series.
Have only ever played Legacy of Kain: Defiance and would like to see that ip get more love and attention.

It will be interesting to see how this Jak and Daxter Re-Trilogy can change things.
Taking the first three games of the franchise and re-molding them to create a single game, with a single vision of gameplay.

It will be interesting to see, also for the remarkable technical and graphic upgrade that the places and the characters themselves will have.

whitesugar

Banned
even with adjustments/improvements, I don't think many people are hankering for Jak and Daxter, and the first game especially would be seen as very dated. Legacy of Kain could be ok.

neither are Demon Souls though. hope its not true

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Legacy Of Kain is a perfect fit for the SSD powered PS5 due to its core dimension shifting gimmick.

Terenty

Remaking Demons Souls could be a great idea because you can get away from the whole touch the stone and be transported to the world in favor of an interconnected world like Dark Souls or Bloodborne. I would love to play that game again with updated graphics, controls, and inter connectivity. It would be a completely new game.
Yeah, and why would you trust Bluepoint to make it justice? They haven't produced anything to believe their are up to the task

Legacy of Kain is legendary for its Lore and storytelling. I was a little afraid of it when I saw my brother playing when I was a kid. Played it myself a few years ago and loved it. Insta buy of true.

Jak and Daxter is cool, but I can see that the gameplay from the first one didn't age that well. Nonetheless, I'd get just for the nostalgia factor.

diffusionx

Gold Member

I watched the Devs Play (with Tim Shafer) of J&D and Jason Rubin said that the J&D style just looked like yesterday's news after GTA3 came out. It makes sense. I just don't think another J&D style game was feasible in the market.

Jax 2, even with the change in tone, is so close to being an all-time classic. It has so much good, it's just a pain in the ass and way too fucking hard. It's really good, even taking into account the change in tone.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
Yeah, and why would you trust Bluepoint to make it justice? They haven't produced anything to believe their are up to the task

Every remake and remaster they put out is excellent. They seem to have crafted the odd reputation of being the go-to remake devs. Shadow of the Colossus was incredible. It captured the soul and style of the original while also pulling it into this gen. It was a beautiful game. If given the time, resources, and tips here and there, they are plenty capable of remaking Demon's Souls.

Last edited:
Every remake and remaster they put out is excellent. They seem to have crafted the odd reputation of being the go-to remake devs. Shadow of the Colossus was incredible. It captured the soul and style of the original while also pulling it into this gen. It was a beautiful game. If given the time, resources, and tips here and there, they are plenty capable of remaking Demon's Souls.

They have proven they can port the games 1 to 1 but they havent proved anything as far as creativity and giving it their own spin.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
This is a pretty stupid rumor... why would Square hand out the rights to LoK and then make it exclusive to PS?
They would not. And Sony would never fund development of games they don't own the IP for. That's always been the requirement for them.

Shrap

If this is somehow true then eh. Really don't care for the Jak games.

Legacy of Kain could be cool as a full remake and reimagining. I really enjoyed those games/universes when I was younger and it's a pretty fitting series to have some souls elements thrown in.

I'm still hoping for Demons Souls with the broken archstone restored.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Legacy Of Kain is a perfect fit for the SSD powered PS5 due to its core dimension shifting gimmick.

True
I think that perhaps this could be a good point to substantially motivate the Legacy of Kain Remake exclusivity for PS5.
Or, alternatively, if by chance the Bluepoint Games studios had been bought by Sony, the only reason for an exclusive game weight like Legacy of Kain Remake is the hypothetical agreement made with Square Enix.

Miles708

True
I think that perhaps this could be a good point to substantially motivate the Legacy of Kain Remake exclusivity for PS5.
Or, alternatively, if by chance the Bluepoint Games studios had been bought by Sony, the only reason for an exclusive game weight like Legacy of Kain Remake is the hypothetical agreement made with Square Enix.

Assuming this rumor is true, LoK remake could also be a limited time exclusivity deal. It would actually make more sense, taking into account Square Enix recent history.

Naibel

I believe those rumors are whack, but Jak & Daxter as well as Soul Reaver remakes would be interesting showcases for the PS5's SSD. Both games used data streaming and delivered seamless, loading-less experiences on their original hardware. Very clean, well-developped games.

They can pull the same thing off on PS5, but with far higher res, bigger assets and far better graphics, and it would be just as impressive as back then. It would certainly be a Day 1 for me.

Btw, Jak 1 was such a great game, a no-bullshit collect-a-thon with gorgeous graphics, smooth framerate, no loadings and great Disney-like animations. Jak 2 was such a letdown. The edgier "GTA style" aged very poorly, there was screen tearing/slowdowns galore, and the difficulty level was so ridiculous for a game aimed at teens, I gave up on this game after 3 hours. If this rumor magically happened to be true, well, they better revamp this game quite a lot (haven't played Jak 3).

D.Final

Banned
Assuming this rumor is true, LoK remake could also be a limited time exclusivity deal. It would actually make more sense, taking into account Square Enix recent history.

This is also true.
Among the various and other hypotheses about Legacy of Kain Remake.

A game that if brought to the quality levels of PS5 games, can shine more than ever.
Becoming easily a true masterpiece also for the future, and now near, generation of videogamers.

D.Final

Banned
I believe in this rumor mainly for a reason.
Because making a Jak and Daxter Remake (or should I say Re-Trilogy) was probably already one of the team's next projects, considering the good working relationships they had with Naughty Dog.
This is why this Leak seems very plausible to me.
Then, that there is also Legacy of Kain Remake is just as good as news.

But, it is equally obvious that many expect a Demon Souls Remake. And that if they don't obtain it, they'll make a shit storm of epochal proportions against Bluepoint Games, probably.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Nah.

The rumours of Bluepoint making a Demon's Souls remake are way too strong to dismiss.

I'm calling BS on this rumour, especially the Legacy of Kain. That's a multiplatform game and the IP is owned by Square.

Although Legacy of Kain's IP is from Square Enix, that doesn't stop Square Enix from making some of their IPs exclusive, even temporal, if desired.
(as happened with games like FFVII Remake or Octopath Traveler)

In addition, the rumor specifies that there is an agreement, probably on commission, brought by Square Enix to the Bluepoint Games.
So, I don't think it's so unlikely in the end.

CobraXT

Banned
I heard its a japanese game remake from arabic gaming website owner .. he is legit and he did intervew ghost of tsushima director this week ، there are other rumer its mgs game remake .. unlikely mgs 1 so i bet on mgs 3 remake

D.Final

Banned

I think a return to that kind of environmental puzzle would be great.
But, seeing it realistically, there will be numerous clues and tips to guide you in the puzzles more clearly.
(A bit like the new patent, registered by Sony, for PS5. To help players in difficulty I suppose)

Shrap

Isn't it collectively agreed upon that the broken archstone leads to the Dark Souls world? I would leave it at that, it makes it sound cool.
Nah. From actually intended to have it lead to another world - Land of the Giants/Northern Limit. They made a bunch of content for it such as the map and enemies but they ran out of time so they ended up scrapping it and putting a broken archstone in its place. The content is found within the game files and a few people have uploaded videos on youtube exploring it.

sobaka770

Banned
Jak and Daxter I personally never played but I doubt that this franchise is strong enough to warrant a remake for PS5 release.

Legacy of Kain sounds cool.

Demon souls makes more sense as it's a Sony owned IP in a very popular genre today and was never updated for PS4 properly. It'd be a strong selling point for that large crowd. One can dream for Bloodborne 2 but that one would require From to be on board.

mcz117chief

Nah. From actually intended to have it lead to another world - Land of the Giants/Northern Limit. They made a bunch of content for it such as the map and enemies but they ran out of time so they ended up scrapping it and putting a broken archstone in its place. The content is found within the game files and a few people have uploaded videos on youtube exploring it.
I know that, but most people I talked about this with said that "Land of the Giants" is the world of Dark Souls 1.

martino

As I said in thread What is the one exclusive game that could make you purchase a PS5/XsX respectively on day one?
it's Soul Reaver. I would be really happy if remake was being made - it was my second game on PSX so I'm a bit nostalgic. But dunno if this info is legit, it's 4chan. As Kratos says I will try to keep my expectations low 💪
same here
If soul reaver is on PS5 (only) at release i'll buy it day one.
if it can give me the same feeling i had trying the demo at the time...OMG

Thinking about it can those rumors be sony developing games for third party publisher for console exclusivity ?
what do you think VFXVeteran VFXVeteran ?

Top Bottom