• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4ch] The 2 Bluepoint games are Jak and Daxter Re-Trilogy and Legacy of Kain Remake, both for PS5

Okay everyone, can we quit with the Demon's Souls remake, Jak and Daxter remake, Legacy of Kain remake, etc?

There's only one game that Bluepoint must remaster at this point, to give the hero the outing they deserve:

Holammer

Did I just phase into a universe Mendela Effect style where Jak & Daxter is known as Jek & Daxter?

Whatever... While they're at it, how about they bury Jek 2&3 is a shallow grave and re-imagine the series a happy-go-lucky platforming romp in the style of the first game while they're at it.

God I love these wild rumours that alwyas bubble up in the run up to a new console generation.

I never beleive any of them, but take it as sign of the general excitement and speculation that adds to anticipation of the big reveals.

I'd be delighted with a new Legacy of Kain though, if only for the possibility of it leading to a new/rebooted Soul Reaver.

GymWolf

Who gives a fuck about jak2 and 3?!

Just gimme jak1, all soul reaver and blood omen remasters please.

Last edited:

Kadve

Hyped for legacy of kain (like with spyro, jack and daxter didn't exactly need a remake) , just hope they get someone just as epic to replace Tony Jay.

Soodanim

Gold Member
If they touch the Legacy of Kain series and they don't at least talk to Amy Hennig, they've taken a wrong turn. The story of that series has so much potential, doing it justice to retell and then end the story would be fantastic... If done properly.

Having never played LoK, can someone give me a quick break down?
Original game is Kain becoming a vampire and getting revenge for his murder, subsequent games are mostly around Kain being the villain and his former disciple, Raziel, being the protagonist. One of the best told stories I've played in a game. The story involves a lot of time travel but it actually serves to answer questions. Very good, and there are many Legacy of Kain videos telling the story if you ever want to sit down and watch it.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Why so excited for paid remasters???
In both of these scenarios, they would be full remakes if the rumour is to be believed. Legacy of Kain especially would benefit from that treatment, and the potential to give new life to an unfinished story/series is positive. I don't care about Jak, or his cousin Jek.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So they want to remake Legacy of Kain with a Souls-style battle system? Good thing I already have the Dreamcast version then.

If they touch the Legacy of Kain series and they don't at least talk to Amy Hennig, they've taken a wrong turn. The story of that series has so much potential, doing it justice to retell and then end the story would be fantastic... If done properly.

Original game is Kain becoming a vampire and getting revenge for his murder, subsequent games are mostly around Kain being the villain and his former disciple, Raziel, being the protagonist. One of the best told stories I've played in a game. The story involves a lot of time travel but it actually serves to answer questions. Very good, and there are many Legacy of Kain videos telling the story if you ever want to sit down and watch it.
Well, if it's true that BP is actually doing it, I don't want to spoil anything. Appreciate the info.

mejin

Crazy if true. Where are our insiders?
At this point I can't understand why Bluepoint is not first party.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Well, if it's true that BP is actually doing it, I don't want to spoil anything. Appreciate the info.
That's fair. Just some extras insight - the excitement for a potential remake also comes from the games having an exceptional story, but game play that didn't really set the world on fire that varied so much from game to game.
  1. Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain was a top down game
  2. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver was a 3D adventure puzzle/platformer and relied heavily on moving big blocks slowly
  3. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 was a generation leap of the previous, less blocks
  4. Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain had classic Tomb Raider movement that was a step back from SR2
  5. Legacy of Kain: Defiance was Devil May Cry style, and possibly one of the first to do so

The games could use a modern identity that decides what the gameplay of the series is and develops it instead of switching so often.

It's a shame a big chunk of the original VA is dead now.

Last edited:
I was super pumped for LoK, played the PS1 demo countless times. Final game felt very empty though. I remember the back of the box promised like 65+ hours of gameplay and it didn’t even take like a third of that to completely beat the game. And then you get that cliffhanger ending 😐

It would take a lot of reworking to get me hyped.

sublimit

Banned
Jesus Christ if i hear another stupid rumor about Blue Point's next game i'm going to strangle a kitty.

And btw both of these are meh for me and will be a huge let down if true.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I mentioned months ago a LoK Soul Reaver remake would be interesting especially because that game has so much cut content, and we really only got a fraction of the vision.

I’m playing the Jak trilogy now (about halfway done with 3). The series is uneven and 2/3 have big problems. Still I can’t say I am interested in a large scale remake.

coolmast3r

I think if the next BluePoint game isn't a Demon's Souls Remake a lot of people, including myself, are going to be very disappointed.

There are tons and tons of people who started gaming during the current console generation and who haven't had an opportunity to experience the cult hit game that made Soulsborne games they know and love possible. Also, considering huge success of Dark Souls trilogy with >27 million copies shipped, I think DeS Remake will do very well in terms of sales.

scalman

But when you think of it more any remake from those older times has chance to become just another mediocre game in these days. Back then it was ground breaking but remade today... it must be some new idea something that would blow your mind today as well otherwise is just another remake.

Zannegan

That would be underwhelming, but that's probably because I haven't spent much time with either series. If true, I'll check them out.

Jon Neu

Banned
I haven’t played any Jak & Dexter game, but Legacy Of Kain was amazing.

Really looking forward to see that game translated to next gen graphics and mechanics.

Really getting sick of everything aiming to be a “souls” game.

Do better...

Yeah, the original Blood Omen was a top-down action rpg. And quite a sizable one at that. Had good item progression as well, like the flaming sword later, and finally the Soul Reaver, and all the different abilities.

I like the Souls formula, but I don't think it's necessary for a LoK game. They did quite well long before that.

scalman

MilkyGenerousIntermediateegret-size_restricted.gif

I remember for that time game was using some kind of stream loading stuff so it almost had zero loadings when you going between rooms and all textures where so good and smooth for that time. Tomb raider for that time had so much pixels all over but this was so good looking. All those things that made game unicue then, what it could do today?
All those effects back then i remember i couldnt believe how good it was, now looking at it it just looks simple, but back then....
CrispTerrificBufflehead-size_restricted.gif

Now i need to try this again on emulator... such nostalgic memories

Last edited:

hyperbertha

I don't get why people want Demon's souls remake that much. There is very little potential for them to actually improve on the base game from except in the graphics department. A Jak and daxter game with all three games combined together to form a single experience sounds far more interesting imo. Also Legacy of Kain has great remake potential.

Radical_3d

My brain:
1) No way BP is making two games for the same launch window.
2) LoK is an Eidos, now Square Enix property. No way is going to be developed exclusively targeting one platform.
3) We are talking about 4c here, c’mon. Be serious.

My feelings:
heart-attack.jpg

Last edited:

Smoke6

No. Sony don't own Legacy of kain
They never said Sony did? Blueprint are free to work for whoever whenever as long as they’re paid bro!

plus if you go back to their hints they were dropping people assumed it was demons souls but this “leak” throws in a “demons souls” like play style into the rumor and the bread crumbs blueprint dropped were for an older series if I’m not mistaken and demons souls doesn’t fit that “older”!

fermcr

So basically Sony's following the same strategy as the PS4... Remastered and Remakes for PS5.
People keep purchasing the same games over and over again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom