• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343i to talk about the future of Halo Infinite next week.

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2022/...e-next-week-about-the-future-of-halo-infinite
As we get closer to the conclusion of Halo Infinite Season 2, more leaks are unofficially revealing new content. Halo's community director at 343, Brian Jarrard, recently addressed this - noting how the team was about to emerge from its cocoon.

Next week, there'll apparently be a new update issued - outlining the "next several months" of Halo Infinite. Here's the full rundown:

Brian Jarrard @ske7ch: "We're about to emerge from this cocoon. Putting together an update for next week to go over what to expect over the next several months. Once we're fully into regular seasonal/development cadence we'll have more to regularly show and tell"

I don't know what new will be revealed next week, but if the studio is barely holding together i think they should be transparent on that because that's what it's sounding like. It's clear this won't be a 10 year project but I believe that if they communicate with the fans and only announce what they'll actually be able to deliver on season 3, than it will prevent any controversy from the fans and may improve player numbers.

They still have a chance to salvage this for another season before the next major release.

jhjfss

The future:
Lea Michele Rip GIF

There is absolutely zero indication that 343i is "barely holding together" or that Halo Infinite is being abandoned after less than an year as you suggest LMAO.
I thought their last game was highly rated. No indication of them barely holding together at all indeed. They should be announcing the release date of co-op and Forge hopefully. Wish it was sooner but better late and right than never.

decisions

Game is an absolute joke. It’s sad they turned Halo into an F2P mess, good marketing though tricking people into being excited to pay full price for a campaign when you paid the same price for Halo 3 which launched with Forge, Co-op, MP, and custom games in tact.

Finally! There’s been so much shit that’s leaked in recent weeks, from new weapons and vehicles, options with Forge, maps, game modes.

Keen to see what they’ve been cooking.

clarky

Gold Member
Hopefully they’ll announce they’re taking the “in” out of the “infinite” and have started working on the ground up on a new game to replace it.

On a more serious note though I’m hoping for singleplayer DLC.
Couple of years away at best imo.

There is absolutely zero indication that 343i is "barely holding together" or that Halo Infinite is being abandoned after less than an year as you suggest LMAO.

I didn't say anything about Halo infinite being abandoned in under a year? All I said is that it's not going to make the ten years promised (imo).

Season 3 is obviously going to be a major relaunch.

As long as they have the budget for new marketing to it's possible. Get new word of mouth going and player numbers will increase.

clarky

Gold Member
I didn't say anything about Halo infinite being abandoned in under a year? All I said is that it's not going to make the ten years promised (imo).

As long as they have the budget for new marketing to it's possible. Get new word of mouth going and player numbers will increase.
There was one quote from a long gone creative director about the 10 year thing, unless i've miss something else, that's not been mention since.

Also You are calling for 343 to be disbanded in one of your threads and another about the future of Halo. Make your mind up.

Last edited:
There was one quote from a long gone creative director about the 10 year thing, unless i've miss something else, that's not been mention since.

Also You are calling for 343 to be disbanded in one of your threads and another about the future of Halo. Make your mind up.

There's a difference between a news and an op-ed. There's no contradiction.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
This will have to be a serious update/imminent road map to have any hope of undoing the current perception around Halo. Co-op, Forge, Custom Game Browser, Battle Royal or Warzone Firefight and 4-6 new Arena maps within the next 6 months or don’t bother.

Leyasu

Banned
I am not 343s biggest fans, but I am a little bit optimistic that thay have almost got things in order in the studio and are now about to actually start supporting their game.

I could be wrong here though lol.

We'll see, but I'll be on this later anyway. For all of it's problems, I still enjoy the MP.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Damn! GAF's 2021 GOTY is getting a major relaunch already.

Can it make it two GOTYs? Stay tuned!
Why do people keep on about that "GAFs game of the year" Like what doe that prove? Surely you're not trying to imply that the xbox fanboys outnumber the their sony counterparts?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why do people keep on about that "GAFs game of the year" Like what doe that prove? Surely you're not trying to imply that the xbox fanboys outnumber the their sony counterparts?
IDK, it was used as trolling by the Xbox fans, so I figured I would be cheeky back. It was apt for use. It became a meme, nothing more, nothing less.

It's a joke because of how often it's brought up as if it means anything.

Same with Game Pass and "best deal in gaming"
Yep. It's all meme status now.

Last edited:
343i likes to do alot of talking, I will wait for them to deliver instead.
Damned if they do damned if they don't. :pie_thinking:

If they try and be transparent: They talk a lot. I wanna see results.
If they don't give updates: OMG be more transparent!

I don't think it's any kind of studio disbanding news. It could be really good news with 343 close to getting back on track, or more likely another delay. Either way, I'm still interested in hearing what they have to say.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
343:

The future looks good, cause we are shuttering the studio and giving the ip to a more competent team.

8jXhdyZ_d.webp

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Praise the lord, please have a decent road map/content road map, even if you miss all the targets, I kinda just want to see what is coming.

I love halo infinite, I still find the game really fun, I just wish there was more.

Topher

Gold Member
Why didn't this guy lead with...

Instead of this bullshit poll? We are talking about Halo Infinite here. I think most would take whatever info they can get at this point.

343 being 343

Top Bottom