• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

32 Games Will Be Taken Off PS Plus Extra, Premium Next Month

JaksGhost

Fucking gay, should have known Sony would pull this BS.

Glad my 1-Year of Extra was only $30 for me. I still think I'll be able to get my money's worth in the end.
What game on that list were you interested in playing? Also are you aware that games such as movies and TV shows on other subscriptions sites aren't bound to the service forever?

Nydius

I was already contemplating letting my PS Plus Extra lapse in June and just go with the basic plan instead as I really haven’t gotten terribly much use out of Extra. I already owned most of the major games on the service, most I really got out of it were things like the FF7 Interograde DLC.

Removing first party titles though definitely pushes me into the “I’ll just be a basic bitch” camp, and I’m really only doing that for cloud saves, since I can’t back up my PS5 saves on USB like PS4 could…

I think these gaming subs are going to end up just like Netflix. Publishers will remove their games from the big subs to make their own. Then we will have a million little subs instead of a few big ones.

Maybe I'm old school, but I would rather just buy my games instead of worrying if a game I'm invested in will be available to me next month.

Gaming doesn't have the stable audience to handle a split like that, so it would likely cause the industry to collapse back into manufacturer store fronts.

For example, I can't see EA, Square, Ubisoft, Sega, Namco, Nordic, and Deep Silver all having their own sub-services fighting each other for exclusive content in addition to the services we already have. Industry couldn't handle it.

Leonidas

What game on that list were you interested in playing? Also are you aware that games such as movies and TV shows on other subscriptions sites aren't bound to the service forever?
Several. And I don't think I'll be able to beat them in time.

The way I've used the service so far is, I'll wait to see what games are delisted, I pick a couple of games to beat completely (platinum/100% trophies) and be done with it.

Most months lose 8-10 games. This time it's 32.

This month they are getting rid of 3-4x the amount of games they normally drop in one month. There's probably at least 6 games on the list I'd want to play, and there simply isn't enough time. I haven't even beaten the games I wanted to beat for April yet (and I only have 4 days left).

Last edited:
Sony continue to lose respect, they really said fuck it after that CMA console flip.

Kinda wanna see an Xbox advert about first party sub games and PC releases in the style of Sony's infamous Xbox One DRM jab.

I see why Sony fans are so vocal about the dangers of subs.

JaksGhost

Sony continue to lose respect, they really said fuck it after that CMA console flip.

Kinda wanna see an Xbox advert about first party sub games and PC releases in the style of Sony's infamous Xbox One DRM jab.

I see why Sony fans are so vocal about the dangers of subs.
Why aren't all of the Forza games on Game Pass? Xbox can't counteract when they're dealing with license issues themselves like with Quantum Break.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

You will own nothing and you will be happy.
season 5 richard GIF

Why aren't all of the Forza games on Game Pass? Xbox can't counteract when they're dealing with license issues themselves like with Quantum Break.
Wasn't aware of that as I played FH 4 & 5 via Game Pass. Good pick up there mate, one half ration awarded. Motorsport 8 is confirmed day one cross play Game Pass.

QB is already confirmed to be coming back, temporary issue getting resolved.

But 32 and a large first party list going is just for the players right?

Last edited:

K' Dash

I didn't know they would be removing their own games from the service, this service is shit, I'm better off buying them used or waiting for a deep sale.

I wanted to play some of the games they're going to remove, what now?

Fuck Sony, you greedy fucks.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Dumb to remove their own games.

But good lord people are dramatic about this shit; nobody is trying to force you to subscribe to a sub service to play a game.. they'll HAPPILY take your $70 lol

JaksGhost

Wasn't aware of that as I played FH 4 & 5 via Game Pass. Good pick up there mate, one half ration awarded. Motorsport 8 is confirmed day one cross play Game Pass.

QB is already confirmed to be coming back, temporary issue getting resolved.

But 32 and a large first party list going is just for the players right?
There is only 1st party game leaving the service and that's Spider Man. The other list is for the PS Collection which was an available service for PS5 owners and is the equivalent to Essential titles . You can add all of the games now and you won't lose them unless you let your subscription relapse and even in that event you can just re-subscribe to regain access to them. They've given current and past subscribers over 2 years to add those games to their collection. Yeah they are losing 32 games but in this announcement alone they are refreshing it with a total of 19 games for the month. How do you people feel when Game Pass loses games every two weeks?

Last edited:
There is only 1st party game leaving the service and that's Spider Man. The other list is for the PS Collection which was an available service for PS5 owners and is the equivalent to Essential titles . You can add all of the games now and you won't lose them unless you let your subscription relapse and even in that event you can just re-subscribe to regain access to them. They've given current and past subscribers over 2 years to add those games to their collection. Yeah they are losing 32 games but in this announcement alone they are refreshing it with a total of 19 games for the month. How do you people feel when Game Pass loses games every two weeks?

What is the below though? Doesn't seem to align with what you're saying.

Leaving next month in addition to Spider-Man that is first party:

• Bloodborne
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Days Gone
  • God of War
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us: Remastered
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

I guess Sony doesn’t believe in the subscription model. Sad because it will become an industry standard as most can’t afford 70 dollar games that are getting more expensive.

Not to mention paying 70 dollars for ONE game feels like a rip off. Even though I like Diablo 4 I am hesitant to pay full price.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

What is the below though? Doesn't seem to align with what you're saying.
That's the PS Collection that debuted with the PS5 that they're dissolving. Those games are already available on the PS Plus service but if you're an owner of a PS5 and have a subscription you can claim those games and they won't leave until you're subscription lapses. I guess you didn't read this part and just reacted:
You'll still be able to play them once they're gone as long as you redeem them before the expiration date, but any new subscribers will miss out after next month.

Last edited:
That's the PS Collection that debuted with the PS5 that they're dissolving. Those games are already available on the PS Plus service but if you're an owner of a PS5 and have a subscription you can claim those games and they won't leave until you're subscription lapses. I guess you didn't read this part and just reacted:

So any subs from past the removal point have to buy them right? E.g. any new PS owners or new subs.

Seems like a pretty big first party library loss to me. I like the Game Pass method, all first party always available and day one. Old and new titles alike, no confusion. I think Forza backlog is the only exception you found.

JaksGhost

So any subs from past the removal point have to buy them right? E.g. any new PS owners or new subs.

Seems like a pretty big first party library loss to me. I like the Game Pass method, all first party always available and day one. Old and new titles alike, no confusion. I think Forza backlog is the only exception you found.
No, the first party games are already apart of the PS Plus Extra and Premium tiers. The only game leaving is Spider Man, no other first party title.

The Collection was a library of 20 PS4 hits, both first and third party, that was exclusive to PS5 owners. It would be the equivalent of Xbox giving away 20 major Xbox hits just for you having a Gold subscription and a Series Console. It would have nothing to do with Game Pass.
The PlayStation Plus Collection will be an added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits that PlayStation Plus members receive for a single subscription price – no additional membership fee required. Once you redeem a game from the PlayStation Plus Collection, you can keep the games for as long as you are an active PlayStation Plus member. PS4 games redeemed from the PlayStation Plus Collection and played on the PS5 console will see benefits such as increased loading speed and improved or more stable framerates with PS5’s Game Boost****.

Brigandier

Pretty poor form by Sony regarding the first party removals...

I don't think anyone will miss some of them games lets be honest, Fingers🤞 frees up space for better additions.

No, the first party games are already apart of the PS Plus Extra and Premium tiers. The only game leaving is Spider Man, no other first party title.

The Collection was a library of 20 PS4 hits, both first and third party, that was exclusive to PS5 owners. It would be the equivalent of Xbox giving away 20 major Xbox hits just for you having a Gold subscription and a Series Console. It would have nothing to do with Game Pass.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify for me. Hopefully not a trend that continues for Sony first party like Spidey. Ideally PS and Xbox going head to head with day one and cross platform releases would keep both of them in check more and give us gamers more bang for our bucks.

Ooof....That's an aggressive reduction. I don't see the point.

That's why I'm not a fan of their "tier" system. At least with the PS Plus games I get to always access them as long as I'm a subscriber

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This is a huge mistake to take off first party AAA titles, this is the biggest draw and there is no valid reason to remove them.
I won't be renewing my sub once it expires.

Gorgon

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my undertanding is that this is mostly an issue for new PS+ subscribers. People who already have the games from PS+ or PS+ Extra in their Library can still play them (or download again) at a later date. Right?

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Ooof....That's an aggressive reduction. I don't see the point.

That's why I'm not a fan of their "tier" system. At least with the PS Plus games I get to always access them as long as I'm a subscriber
I imagine they do it so they can put them back on in a few months. Money for old rope.

Top Bottom