• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

30th Anniversary of Final Fight

Cravis

This month marks the 30th anniversary for the release of Final Fight. It’s a shame Capcom isn’t doing something.

Heck I would have been happy with them putting 2 and 3 on the SNES update for the Switch.

At least we got characters in SF V

Ban Puncher

giphy.gif

Classic game.

Pretty much remained the core base for all of Capcom's 2d beat-em ups and going forward, noticeably influenced the genre itself.

Playing it as a quarter feeder is quite repetitive these days but for 1cc attempts it's still great.

Stuart360

It makes you wonder why this genre suddenly died. It was so big in the 16bit gen, but was suddenly almost completely gone on the PS1 gen. I mean i know the popularity of Street Fighter and '1 on 1' fighters took off hugely, but surely there was room for both genres.

molasar

Banned
It makes you wonder why this genre suddenly died. It was so big in the 16bit gen, but was suddenly almost completely gone on the PS1 gen. I mean i know the popularity of Street Fighter and '1 on 1' fighters took off hugely, but surely there was room for both genres.
It was just push for 3D graphics which did not work so well in this genre in comparison to the ones based on 2D.

Last edited:
I would love to see Capcom do an updated remaster of Final Fight, that would be awesome! Wouldn't mind seeing a U.N. Squadron remaster either...

Top Bottom