• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3090 PCB picture "leaks"

llien

That is 3 (three) 8 pin connectors (up to 3x150W + 75W over PCIe)

(yes, there is a CPU covering the GPU chip of the card)
QiAN58i.jpg

DyYo2Xa.jpg

J1FEpng.jpg

Sources: Blizzard, TPU

Ellery

Thanks for sharing. September gonna be interesting and we can hope AMD doesn't take too long to get Big Navi out.

:messenger_tears_of_joy: had to laugh at the Blizzard source for Starcraft 2

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
That die is not even that big, seems smaller than in 2080Ti. Should be cheaper (But I know it won't be).

But who am I to judge, when I purchase RTX Titan for neural network playing.

Last edited:
500W graphics card. What happened Nvidia?

At least this give AMD free reign to up the power consumption of the 6900XT without being dogpiled. But latest rumours suggest either AMD's RDNA2 card late this year will only compete with the 3080 (both about 15% faster than 2080 Ti) but can't compete with this 500W 3090 monster.

rofif

Banned
holy shit aaa.. aaa PCB ?! WHA.
It just reminds me that our motherboards are all outdated 90s crap with way too short ports. I think the whole pc motherboard and modularity needs to be reworked. We are limited by length of card and port and it's all sagging anyway

Last edited:

Desaccorde

Wcctech says GA102 (RTX 3090 and single GPU) may go up to $2000 this time around according to a rumor, and that's mental. Even on enthusiast level, no one that has an RTX 2080 Ti currently would pay that amount. I wouldn't even though I sold mine above $1K last month because it's not enthusiast anymore but instead professional level like Titan. Unless of course RTX 3090 is the Titan this time.

vUVoElk.png

Last edited:

Rikkori

Wcctech says GA102 (RTX 3090 and single GPU) may go up to $2000 this time around according to a rumor, and that's mental. Even on enthusiast level, no one that has an RTX 2080 Ti currently would pay that amount. I wouldn't even though I sold mine above $1K last month because it's not enthusiast anymore but instead professional level like Titan. Unless of course RTX 3090 is the Titan this time.

vUVoElk.png

Jensen is gonna buy a lot of new leather jackets.

martino

vUVoElk.png

this is what i expect but don't want.

Last edited:

LordCBH

It's keyed differently from previous NVLink PCIe cards, so probably a new bridge for NVLink 3.0.

oh hell I didn’t even notice it’s keyed differently. Then again I think I looked at the connector once in my 2089, went “that’s neat” and then never looked at it again

jigglet

Banned

vUVoElk.png

So what's the GA104?

PhoenixTank

3x 8Pin connectors are aren't exactly unheard of with the 2080Ti Kingpin having that many... So either:
  • The power consumption rumours are true.
  • This is an engineering PCB and the 3rd connector won't actually be present/used on the retail units
  • This isn't a reference PCB.
So what's the GA104?
TU104 is in the 2080, 2080 Super and 2070 Super. Assuming the naming scheme is consistent... expect that to be the 3080.
Not a clue if they'll complicate that with a 3080 Ti and a 3090.

Last edited:

Amey

Micron has confirmed existence of GDDR6X 19 - 21 Gbps.
A 384bit GPU can break 1TB/s.
Current chips are 8Gb variants. In 2021 they'll bring 16Gb chips at 24Gbps.

Last edited:

PaNaMa

Banned
Do they really expect move a lot of $2000 video cards, I wonder? Like I have to believe even enthusiast level gamers feel sick to their stomachs buying a card for $1000.
I bought a 980Ti for $889 CDN 4-5 years ago, and I still hate myself for it.

Myths

3090? Upping the stakes. That Zotac is looking good, their twin fan 2080ti works well for me. I will probably go with Zotac again.

Rikkori

3x 8Pin connectors are aren't exactly unheard of with the 2080Ti Kingpin having that many... So either:
  • The power consumption rumours are true.
  • This is an engineering PCB and the 3rd connector won't actually be present/used on the retail units
  • This isn't a reference PCB.

TU104 is in the 2080, 2080 Super and 2070 Super. Assuming the naming scheme is consistent... expect that to be the 3080.
Not a clue if they'll complicate that with a 3080 Ti and a 3090.
Not so lucky

0TDWYj2.png

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
Do they really expect move a lot of $2000 video cards, I wonder? Like I have to believe even enthusiast level gamers feel sick to their stomachs buying a card for $1000.
There are good reasons to make crazy cards like this even if they don't sell loads, experimenting with more complex designs, trouble shooting processes, trying out really high end tech. Plus they are aimed at people that view the cost as trivial. So for the rest of us let's have a laugh at how over the top this thing is and enjoy knowing that the people buying it are effectively paying to eventually make it affordable to everyone else.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
so is it gonna be:

x70
x80
x80 Ti
x90

?

i imagine the new x90 would essentially be a x80 Ti card but they've rebranded it so people think when they buy the x80 Ti they are actually getting the x80 Ti for a cheaper price when really they are just getting the x80 card.

Rikkori

so is it gonna be:

x70
x80
x80 Ti
x90

?

i imagine the new x90 would essentially be a x80 Ti card but they've rebranded it so people think when they buy the x80 Ti they are actually getting the x80 Ti for a cheaper price when really they are just getting the x80 card.
70 ti

check my post above, I had cut off the names by accident

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hope the $2000 rumor isn't true. I don't play enough AAA games to justify that. $1000? Whatever. That's a big premium, but it's not clownish.

RNG

Jesus is the 3090 really gonna cost $2000 US Dollars!? That would be... $2650 CAD plus retailers like to bullshit markup PC parts up here so ~$2700-$2800 CAD. W.T.F

Ulysses 31

Jesus is the 3090 really gonna cost $2000 US Dollars!? That would be... $2650 CAD plus retailers like to bullshit markup PC parts up here so ~$2700-$2800 CAD. W.T.F
If everyone could become part of the PC Master Race then it wouldn't be special anymore. :lollipop_grinning: :lollipop_grinning: :lollipop_grinning:

/s

Last edited:

Madflavor

My PC is a RX 580 gpu and an I5 8400 CPU with 8gb ram. I want to play CyberPunk 2077 on Ultra. So if I can upgrade my Ram to 24gb and upgrade my gpu to a 3000 series, and that'll be enough, then it might be worth the price.

The question is if it's compatible with my motherboard, and would I have to upgrade my CPU as well? Because if I do then it's going to get very pricey very quick.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
My PC is a RX 580 gpu and an I5 8400 CPU with 8gb ram. I want to play CyberPunk 2077 on Ultra. So if I can upgrade my Ram to 24gb and upgrade my gpu to a 3000 series, and that'll be enough, then it might be worth the price.

The question is if it's compatible with my motherboard, and would I have to upgrade my CPU as well? Because if I do then it's going to get very pricey very quick.
Wouldn't you need an I7 or an I9 to take advantage of a 3000 series card?

Reallink

vUVoElk.png

No one who happily paid $1400-$1500 for a 2080Ti would balk at $1999. A metric shit ton of people pull 6 figure salaries, for whom $2000 is not even a single month's discretionary spending. Welcome to the income gap.

Last edited:

Desaccorde

No one who happily paid $1400-$1500 for a 2080Ti would balk at $1999. A metric shit ton of people pull 6 figure salaries, for whom $2000 is not even a single month's discretionary spending. Welcome to the income gap.

But the thing is not everyone paid $1400-1500 for RTX 2080 Ti. EVGA even had $999 variant called Black Edition and my card was exactly that with a non-binned chip. Even with that I managed to overclock it %10-15 higher than the FE cards. So for those who actually bought their cards for $999-1199, that's actually a huge jump and would change their minds.

Top Bottom