• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3080ti previews coming out

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

JayzTwoCents
11 minutes ago
EVGA sent us a change regarding pricing prior to this video going live but after we already filmed. The $1339 price on their site is an introductory price and includes a free mouse. After that the regular price is $1399.

Here's my review of the 3080 Ti FE with lots of benchmarks and gameplay videos: https://www.pcmrace.com/2021/06/02/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-founders-edition-review/

Hope you like it :p

relative-performance_3840-2160.png

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Speaking of... Anyone got any pointers on getting one at msrp? Refresh amazon like crazy starting at 1159pm tonight? Hire a witch?

FingerBang

Fuck Nvidia and fuck the current situation. They could have taken the hit and release more 3080 with the defective chips or try to go for 999$, but why would they if they just sell whatever they can manufacture, regardless of the price?

I feel bad for all the PC gamers out there. Don't get a GPU at these inflated prices, get a console instead.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I look forward to staying up tonight, putting one in my cart, going to checkout...

gone christmas GIF

Granted, I'll buy one tonight if I can get one at $1200, but I won't pay more than that and if I can't get one, I've been on the EVGA 3080 wait list for nearly 8 mos. now, hopefully that'll change soon.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
While I think that 3080fe even at 700 was too expensive (as graphics cards are just too expensive), it would be stupid for nvidia not to sell it for what scalpers would anyway.
As for the gpu itself - of course it's pointless.
Tbh, worse gigabyte 3080 models are going for over 2k usd here. Consoles have never yet been so attractive :p

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Nvidia - Here's the new RTX 3090! Its amazing. 24 GB of VRAM! Like a Titan! 8K!
Gamers - Sounds great. How much?
Nvidia - Costs $1500.
Gamers - That's a bit high, don't ya think?
Nvidia - Really?
Gamers - Cmon.

Nvidia - Here's the new RTX 3080 Ti! Its amazing. Like a 3090!
Nvidia - Costs $1200.
Gamers - Fuck.
Nvidia - Oh and it only has 12 GB of VRAM.
Gamers - ...

Urbanii

Banned
How long will the card be good for though, really?

I only built my PC last year but I'll be honest, all these super inflated prices are putting me off a bit.

Sentenza

Imagine if these were ACTUALLY available anywhere at 1200 dollars, for a start.
I'd have an easier time catching unicorns than finding an Nvidia GPU at nominal price anywhere.

Hell, here in Europe it's hard to find any at all, regardless of how much you may be willing to pay.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Nvidia - Here's the new RTX 3090! Its amazing. 24 GB of VRAM! Like a Titan! 8K!
Nvidia - Costs $1500.
Gamers - That's a bit high, don't ya think?
Nvidia - Really?
Gamers - Cmon.

Nvidia - Here's the new RTX 3080 Ti! Its amazing. Like a 3090!
Nvidia - Costs $1200.
Gamers - Fuck.
Nvidia - Oh and it only has 12 GB of VRAM.
Gamers - ...

They only toned down their prices due to AMD's heat. Now they know that production is suffering for 7nm and AMD can't react easily they went to their "natural" prices. They were scarce since day one, it's more of making good PR and hurting AMD.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
"dont buy a 3080 ti. Its not bad, in the objective sense, but its a terrible price and its offensive that nvidia would try to sell this for this money."

LOL
You can’t even buy one.
So who cares 😂🤌😂

they might as well launch the 4080 for 300 dollars. That is twice as powerful as the 3080.

It’s a paperlaunch.. meanwhile people only able to buy the 1060 for 500 dollars

Last edited:
Top Bottom