• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$30 Lootboxes in EA Sports FC is causing the community to implode

Soodanim

Gold Member
This was never going to go any other way than worse every time without them being entirely banned. This has been a problem that drags people in for years. Late teens/early 20s lads with more money than sense will secretly outspend each other in an effort to have the best at any cost.

dDoc

Proud I've been off the fifa/ea footy games for years. Stick your packs where no sunlight reaches in EA.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Fucking trash. It’s what these people deserve though, they legitimized this business model, fuck you to everyone who took part in it.

RagnarokIV

I'm sure Eggzy boy and the lads are proper pissed over this! Once he finishes his can at the local housing estate park, he'll log onto his PS5 and write a letter of complaint to EA!

white lightning dancing GIF by David Firth

river humber hull GIF by David Firth

Last edited:

NickFire

I would 100% support a complete ban on selling digital loot boxes / card packs unless the consumer is shown the specific contents before the purchase. Enough of these companies preying on addictions and naivety. No problem with them having team building modes. Just make them show the exact cards in each pack before a sale can be made.

amigastar

I haven't played a soccergame since 2014 or so. I would be interested into the game if it wasn't for the lootboxes. They can forget to get my money.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
And yet certain someone who shall not be named keep saying live service and GaaS games are the future.

zHaeKBH.gif

Zuzu

If I was EA I’d charge more. Who cares? They’re gonna pay anyway. Look at the record number of early access pre-orders they have for the game. Milk the cows dry. I have little sympathy on such stupid behaviour by consumers.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

yeah yeah meanwhile the game sold record numbers in the UK and probably online too.

noboycott.jpg

Same situation. Shit is just as funny as seeing the cod skin pack negative reviews on steam all the time, but probably the same people buying those shit everytime
The difference between this and EA FC is servers are free, Dedicated or otherwise.
This picture doesn't work.

Top Bottom