• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2K Games has cancelled the Nintendo Switch version of Marvel's Midnight Suns.

Draugoth

Gold Member

2K Games has cancelled plans to release Marvel’s Midnight Suns for Nintendo Switch.

The news was announced on Tuesday alongside a release date for the delayed Xbox One and PS4 versions of the Firaxis-developed game.

The last-gen console versions will be released digitally on May 11, with no plans for a physical release.

The Nintendo Switch version of Marvel’s Midnight Suns will no longer be offered as part of updated plans.

Marvel’s Midnight Suns’ fourth and final post-launch DLC, Blood Storm, will also launch on May 11.

Available for either standalone purchase or as part of the game’s Season Pass, each DLC pack introduces a new recruitable hero (Deadpool, Venom, Morbius, Storm) and three new story missions.

Dr_Ifto

Ive heard this game is pretty good. Can anyone back that up?

Sucks for switch owners, cause they barely get 3rd party support as it is, and this is a blow.

Sucks for switch owners, cause they barely get 3rd party support as it is, and this is a blow.
I loved it, it was my favourite game last year which surprised the hell out of me since I really wasn’t expecting much and it being the same year as Elden Ring and GOW Ragnarok.

I seem to recall wondering how they would even get a Switch version out since they seemed to struggle a bit with the performance even with the PS5 and SX.

Last edited:

Bough the legendary edition a short while ago cuz it was on sale at a local retailer but I haven't played it yet. :messenger_pensive: Heard good things about the game though so that's why I snagged it!

TrueLegend

Good game atleast the core part, the rpg part is hit or miss. Get a beer and think you are playing poor man's mass effect.

Corian33

Best news here is all the DLC will finally be out soon. Knew I wanted to play but I wasn’t going to bother until all the extra characters were in the game.

Gambit2483

Saw this coming. Expect Hogwarts Legacy next.

Nintendo seriously needs new hardware within the next 12 months or less. It feels like every new 3rd party game (that isn't a 6th gen port) that even attempts nice graphics has some sort of performance issues.

TexMex

The core combat is fun, too bad 70% of the game is clicking through insanely boring dialogue trees. There’s a better game in there somewhere.

And definitely not worth losing/prolonging XCOM3 for.

graywolf323

great game, I love it enough that I picked it up again on Steam to play on the Steam Deck

it’s a shame it won’t come to Switch but not terribly surprising, Nintendo really needs to get new hardware out or this is going to keep happening

like people are saying the actual Firaxis game part is pretty good, but it’s wrapped up in another game that plays like a visual novel with extra gacha shit…you’re getting like half a game really, so only pay half the price

really isn’t many developers so ill-fitted to make a certain genre, maybe if Id decided to do a farming simulator

Top Bottom