• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

23 year old incel kills 5 people with shotgun before killing himself in Plymouth, UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Except when one person is vastly more powerful then the other. Or when multiple assailants come at you. A small dude or woman is not going to be able to defend an attack again muscle bound 6'5 roid rage dude. The gun doesn't even have to be used, just pull it out and poeple will think twice.

As someone who got mugged in n Philly for being the wrong skin color/nationality and hit on the back of the head with a pipe while walking in front of a 7-11 and then beat on by 3 dudes while they yelled racial slurs at me, that gun could of come in handy and maybe I could of taught some assholes a lesson, that you don't go jacking people walking down the street. It may have not helped with the swing from behind but it could of got those people to scatter. Of course Philly is a no gun city in a pro gun state. Only people with guns there are drug dealers/criminals.
I’m sorry to hear about your experience, but I’m not convinced by your argument.

It might be easier to scare off would-be attackers by wielding a death dealing chunk of metal in their face. But when the fall out of this freedom is regular massacres by unhinged psychopaths then I’m sure you’ll forgive me for questioning this particular constitutional right.

Violent assholes are always going to exist in our current society, but maybe we avoid introducing the very finite element of a bullet to their available arsenal and just deal with fists and maybe a knife at worst.

Guns inevitably escalate violence, this is simply a universal truth.

You’re utterly delusional to think otherwise.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Except when one person is vastly more powerful then the other. Or when multiple assailants come at you. A small dude or woman is not going to be able to defend an attack again muscle bound 6'5 roid rage dude. The gun doesn't even have to be used, just pull it out and poeple will think twice.

As someone who got mugged in n Philly for being the wrong skin color/nationality and hit on the back of the head with a pipe while walking in front of a 7-11 and then beat on by 3 dudes while they yelled racial slurs at me, that gun could of come in handy and maybe I could of taught some assholes a lesson, that you don't go jacking people walking down the street. It may have not helped with the swing from behind but it could of got those people to scatter. Of course Philly is a no gun city in a pro gun state. Only people with guns there are drug dealers/criminals.
Yeah man sure in your head you probably pull that gun and all three of those guys shit themselves and run away and then the 7-11 clerk comes outside and sucks your dick dry while everyone claps. In reality though they don’t stop and you actually have to kill some scumbag, or the three of them overpower you and in the struggle you get shot and die yourself.

Azurro

Banned
Yeah we're absolutely bonkers over here, let me tell ya.

I feel sorry for y'all. Will never know the thrill of competing in a 3-gun or IDPA competition, great hunting, doing fun dumb shit with AKs and tannerite (like ultimate pond fishing), hogging, etc.

Hell, y'all can't even sit in your backyard and plink with a .22.

Guns aren't a fucking toy and not your vehicle to live out your Rambo movie fantasies. Guns should be heavily regulated because they are instruments to kill people.

The hell of knowing that any random and imbalanced person can get a gun and shoot you in the face at any minute is something I wholeheartedly hope stays within the confines of the us. Funnily enough, this group contains a big portion of the "responsible" gun owners.

That all happened in 2008, mate. We were fine.
That is not real austerity. Real austerity is what happens when third world scarcity hits the first world.
Who would lead these private militia, and at what point would you say it is right for them to begin an armed revolution?
local people in different parts. You'll know when and if it's needed, a dictatorship and mass graves, at the hands of such a dictatorship, are not hard to miss.
We've been in Austerity since 2010 though?
Again, third world scarcity not seen there yet as far as I know.

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
You know, I take care of the sick and unfortunate all day, and I sometimes feel like a cracked desert of empathy by the time I see stories like this. So many people are actually quite alright, but it only takes a few to keep our species anchored to the bottom of a trench. You want so much more for this world, but the selfishness is unending.

Methos#1975

I like how some fellow Americans think that unless your walking around Starbucks loaded to bear like a SEAL on a operation, then you aren't safe. I'm from New Orleans, I've spent extensive time in Houston, Chicago, etc and never once in my 45 years have a felt the need to have a gun on me. No one has ever assaulted me, approached me with a gun, etc. Look I know it happens from time to time, but we aren't Iraq. There I was shot at everyday, rocketed, mortered, etc. The US even at its worse isn't this. The US is still relatively safe all things considered and for most the likelyhood of ever needing a weapon on them is low. People that feel such a need are just up to their ass stupid.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I like how some fellow Americans think that unless your walking around Starbucks loaded to bear like a SEAL on a operation, then you aren't safe. I'm from New Orleans, I've spent extensive time in Houston, Chicago, etc and never once in my 45 years have a felt the need to have a gun on me. No one has ever assaulted me, approached me with a gun, etc. Look I know it happens from time to time, but we aren't Iraq. There I was shot at everyday, rocketed, mortered, etc. The US even at its worse isn't this. The US is still relatively safe all things considered and for most the likelyhood of ever needing a weapon on them is low. People that feel such a need are just up to their ass stupid.

Americans just sound permanently terrified the entire time when they talk about how much they need to carry guns.

Is it the truth? Or is it actually that they know it’s not the real reason, but that just saying “I love my guns and want to keep them” won’t go down well.

Last edited:

Methos#1975

Americans just sound permanently terrified the entire time when they talk about how much they need to carry guns.

Is it the truth? Or is it actually that they know it’s not the real reason, but that just saying “I love my guns and want to keep them” won’t go down well.
It's only a very small very vocal minority, I've only seen one person in the past 10 years actually open carrying and I live in a pretty rural very gun friendly area. It's not really all that commonplace at all.

As to gun bans and legislation on them, now that is very much a issue. Most Americans are very pro 2nd ad. and attempts to circumvent that would definitely end in issues, especially if taking people guns away becomes a reality.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It's only a very small very vocal minority, I've only seen one person in the past 10 years actually open carrying and I live in a pretty rural very gun friendly area. It's not really all that commonplace at all.

…which rather begs the question why aren’t gun laws tighter in the US, if most people are actually fine without owning or carrying one?

Rhetorical question. It’s because US politicians are hopelessly corrupt.

reksveks

…which rather begs the question why aren’t gun laws tighter in the US, if most people are actually fine without owning or carrying one?

The fact that they have to do their own tax forms even when employed by a registered company always will bamboozle me

Methos#1975

I answered above, but feeling a need to constantly have a firearm on them isn't the same as being pro gun. Americans are very very pro gun and strongly in favor of the constitution. I know some make light of cries for a civil war if taking guns away became a reality, but I personally know people that would fight back if it came to that. It's not so much guns in general, but the strong pro constitution aspect

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I answered above, but feeling a need to constantly have a firearm on them isn't the same as being pro gun. Americans are very very pro gun and strongly in favor of the constitution. I know some make light of cries for a civil war if taking guns away became a reality, but I personally know people that would fight back if it came to that. It's not so much guns in general, but the strong pro constitution aspect

Only America could seek to defend something so heavily as a part of their constitution... when it wasn’t an original part of their constitution.

How would a gun stop a terrorist bomb?
There are rare cases when the person comes running and screaming with a bomb vest towards a crowd.
Only America could seek to defend something so heavily as a part of their constitution... when it wasn’t an original part of their constitution.
A smart addition.

Governments come and go. And it is only a matter of time till abusive tyranny takes a sit again.

America’s never once had an abusive tyranny, and there is no way it could ever have one, given the governmental framework.
You already seem to have forgot how the judiciary is being weaponized? Control all 3 branches and you can interpret unconstitutional stuff as constitutional via legislation from the bench.

America only has a few centuries of existence, quite young. When peak fossil fuel strains the existence of the military and the basic functions of government, let's see what happens.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
the irony in all this is that the most ardent gun supporters who have deluded themselves into thinking they are what stands in the way of tyranny are the ones who most want an all powerful Putin like figure in the White house to preserve their idea of "western values" that actually has nothing to do with actual western values because they don't have the wits about them to pass a rudimentary college course on US government or Western Civilization. most of these people can't even make sense of the basic tenants of germ theory when it is spelled out for them. As a result you become terribly insecure because you you can't keep up with the values of the enlightenment principles that drives western civilization as you become increasingly irrelevant to the real forces at work. enjoy your fantasy though

FunkMiller

Gold Member
You already seem to have forgot how the judiciary is being weaponized? Control all 3 branches and you can interpret unconstitutional stuff as constitutional via legislation from the bench.

America only has a few centuries of existence, quite young. When peak fossil fuel strains the existence of the military and the basic functions of government, let's see what happens.

I mean, I could make an argument about how recent events have successfully tested the robustness of the American democratic system, but then that may skew too close to banned topics around here, so I’ll leave it at that.

We need to see how safe London is after the global debt bubble explodes and energy growth means austerity hits big time. When the hard time comes, then we'll see. Depending upon how harsh times get the government itself could implode.

It is not just against the gov, but for self defense. And yes eventually small private militias need the hardware to fight and defend themselves against others, lest power concentrate too much.

Criminals Break Into Wrong House & Immediately Get 2A Acquainted​

Look man - as we've been informed of by the fine folks here: if someone wants to rob/murder/rape you, just cry for help and dial 911 (if you have time to), and then ask them politely to stop.

Even carrying a knife means you're a psycho, just ask FunkMiller FunkMiller

the irony in all this is that the most ardent gun supporters who have deluded themselves into thinking they are what stands in the way of tyranny are the ones who most want an all powerful Putin like figure in the White house to preserve their idea of "western values" that actually has nothing to do with actual western values because they don't have the wits about them to pass a rudimentary college course on US government or Western Civilization. most of these people can't even make sense of the basic tenants of germ theory when it is spelled out for them. As a result you become terribly insecure because you you can't keep up with the values of the enlightenment principles that drives western civilization as you become increasingly irrelevant to the real forces at work. enjoy your fantasy though

That was one of the most god-awful run on paragraph word salads I've tried to read... thank you.

If I understand: I, as a freedom loving gun owner, want a crazy authoritarian like Putin in power.

Well I was not aware I wanted this, in fact I would prefer no leader and a pure legislature, but thank you for letting me know what I want.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I have a theory. I bet if you were to put a woman in front of an incel and have her ready to go, they wouldn't even be able to get hard. Their insecurities and self loathing would make them unable to perform

Guns aren't a fucking toy and not your vehicle to live out your Rambo movie fantasies. Guns should be heavily regulated because they are instruments to kill people.

The hell of knowing that any random and imbalanced person can get a gun and shoot you in the face at any minute is something I wholeheartedly hope stays within the confines of the us. Funnily enough, this group contains a big portion of the "responsible" gun owners.

It's wild how much projection is coming from anti-gun folks here... nice avatar, btw:
743488.jpg

--

But you are correct, guns, like knives, saws, drills, nailguns, air compressors, etc... are tools that can be dangerous if used improperly.

I feel bad that you'd live in fear in the US simply because one *extra* tool is available for someone to hurt you with... considering the 1000s of other means someone can hurt/rob/murder you. I'll be over here enjoying hunting, shooting competitions, and doing other fun gun-related activities responsibly.

But hey, live in fear. Have at it.

I have a theory. I bet if you were to put a woman in front of an incel and have her ready to go, they wouldn't even be able to get hard. Their insecurities and self loathing would make them unable to perform

I've seen plenty of guys talk shit about how no girls want to talk to them and how they have so much to offer, yet when a girl shows interest they immediately clam up or go "nah I don't like her eyebrows/face/voice/etc.".

Pure cowardice.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
It's wild how much projection is coming from anti-gun folks here... nice avatar, btw:
743488.jpg

--

But you are correct, guns, like knives, saws, drills, nailguns, air compressors, etc... are tools that can be dangerous if used improperly.

But hey, live in fear. Have at it..

Nailguns, air compressors, knives, saws aren't instruments exclusively meant for killing people. Guns aren't a toy for you to play with.

I thankfully don't live in fear, where I live guns are very scarce thankfully. You guys are fucked, especially with the pseudo religious mantras based on what some flawed humans did 200 years ago.

Nailguns, air compressors, knives, saws aren't instruments exclusively meant for killing people. Guns aren't a toy for you to play with.

I thankfully don't live in fear, where I live guns are very scarce thankfully. You guys are fucked, especially with the pseudo religious mantras based on what some flawed humans did 200 years ago.

You completely dodged my point.

Guns. Are. Tools.

If you aim a nailgun at someone it will kill them.

Guns are intended for multiple purposes - hunting, recreation, dangerous/invasive species thinning (coyotes, hogs, etc.) - it's clear you've never been outside your bubble. Try taking on a pack of wild hogs with a machete and get back to me (you won't because they'll kill and eat you).

Nope. Not a psycho. Psychos aren’t generally scared of everything, up to and including their own shadow.

You don’t need to carry a gun or a knife or a baseball bat covered in barbed wire. We leave in a world full of Michael Scotts, not Negans.

This is so absolutely hilarious to me.

You keep dodging my point: I do not carry a knife for defense. I can't keep repeating this. You may work in some bubble and take a trolley home and have never had to pick up something more than 25lbs in your life... but try opening multiple boxes, splicing/unsheathing wire, cutting rope, hell, cutting a sandwich with a box cutter (are those legal in the UK?).

I carry a pistol and I train in martial arts for defense. If I have to use a knife it means I've been disarmed or something else has gone wrong. And to repeat what I said earlier: a guy taller than me (and I'm 6'2) with a bowie knife tried to rob me... he did not look like Michael Scott. But I'm glad there's no criminals where you live except ones that look like him.

And I'm sure those folks at the Charlie Hebdo offices were glad they were safe from guns while they were being slaughtered by criminals.

Wow. Really, dude?

Wow, I brought up a crime and attack that could have been prevented had they had a means to defend themselves. Spare me the false outrage.

Funny how tragedies are so unpreventable... except that they are preventable - and the attacker here "only" had a shotgun - hell, he'd have taken out a few people with just a big knife:

Azurro

Banned
You completely dodged my point.

Guns. Are. Tools.

If you aim a nailgun at someone it will kill them.

Guns are intended for multiple purposes - hunting, recreation, dangerous/invasive species thinning (coyotes, hogs, etc.) - it's clear you've never been outside your bubble. Try taking on a pack of wild hogs with a machete and get back to me (you won't because they'll kill and eat you).

Guns.are.instruments.to.kll.

Mind giving me another use for them other than to kill?

Honestly, why would I take on a pack of wild hogs? I live in the middle of civilization. How are you online? You seem to live in a jungle somewhere.

Guns.are.instruments.to.kll.

Mind giving me another use for them other than to kill?

Honestly, why would I take on a pack of wild hogs? I live in the middle of civilization. How are you online? You seem to live in a jungle somewhere.

Holy fuck the stupidity... lmao.

I can tell you "live in the middle of civilization"... aka some tiny apartment in the middle of a city?

I live an hour outside of one of the largest metropolitan areas on Earth (Atlanta), and I go hog hunting as much as possible. They are a dangerous and invasive species. Same as coyotes. But you wouldn't know this as you clearly have no idea that the outdoors exists or what occurs beyond your bubble.

Azurro

Banned
Holy fuck the stupidity... lmao.

I can tell you "live in the middle of civilization"... aka some tiny apartment in the middle of a city?

I live an hour outside of one of the largest metropolitan areas on Earth (Atlanta), and I go hog hunting as much as possible. They are a dangerous and invasive species. Same as coyotes. But you wouldn't know this as you clearly have no idea that the outdoors exists or what occurs beyond your bubble.

Oh no, I have no interest in that kind of life. I like to surround myself with culture, activities and events rather than being in the middle of nowhere listening to alien abduction stories and conspiracy theories that involve dead politicians from 200 years ago. If I want pork I can just buy it from my local butcher, that's why we have currency.

I am frankly surprised you have the skills to read and write, let alone make use of a smartphone. Do you have plumbing or do you have to dig a hole in the ground every time you need to make use of the toilet?

Last edited:
Oh no, I have no interest in that kind of life. I like to surround myself with culture, activities and events rather than being in the middle of nowhere listening to alien abduction stories and conspiracy theories that involve dead politicians from 200 years ago. If I want pork I can just buy it from my local butcher, that's why we have currency.

I am frankly surprised you have the skills to read and write, let alone make use of a smartphone. Do you have plumbing or do you have to dig a hole in the ground every time you need to make use of the toilet?

Holy shit what a pathetic existence you must live. God forbid you go camping, or outdoors at all.

Ironically enough I work in IT, so my technical knowledge/general knowledge is likely leagues above yours. Weak attempt at an insult, there.

Enjoy living in a tiny crate surrounded by pollution and "culture"... FYI I can literally drive less than an hour if I want to be in a scary big city surrounded by "culture and activities".

You are either trolling or the literal walking definition of a soyboi.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Holy shit what a pathetic existence you must live. God forbid you go camping, or outdoors at all.

Ironically enough I work in IT, so my technical knowledge/general knowledge is likely leagues above yours. Weak attempt at an insult, there.

Enjoy living in a tiny crate surrounded by pollution and "culture"... FYI I can literally drive less than an hour if I want to be in a scary big city surrounded by "culture and activities".

You are either trolling or the literal walking definition of a soyboi.

This is incredible, the caveman can read and type. Let me try to use your dialect, ahem:

Ooga booga, ooga booga, ooga booga

I'll type this in English so that the rest of the forum can follow our conversation, I'm sorry if my accent isn't as refined as yours:

When is the government coming to take your guns and make sure you aren't having sex with your family members?

And my god, driving an hour to do anything sounds like the most miserable existence possible. Then again, cavemen would probably hate civilization, so I suppose that makes sense.

This is incredible, the caveman can read and type. Let me try to use your dialect, ahem:

Ooga booga, ooga booga, ooga booga

I'll type this in English so that the rest of the forum can follow our conversation, I'm sorry if my accent isn't as refined as yours:

When is the government coming to take your guns and make sure you aren't having sex with your family members?

And my god, driving an hour to do anything sounds like the most miserable existence possible. Then again, cavemen would probably hate civilization, so I suppose that makes sense.

You clearly have no cognitive reasoning beyond "lol guns bad ppl who go outside live in caves durrr".

I'm sure going outside at all sounds miserable to you. Are you sure you're not an incel/vampire from Twilight? Good luck should you ever have rolling blackouts like the NE U.S. had. You'd be the first on the grill.

Also I never said the gubmint was coming for mah guns, dumbass. But if they did, I imagine they'd have less success than they did against the Taliban (who also confiscated guns the second they took power... wonder why?).

Seeing someone so inept and full of soy with a Big Boss profile picture just cracks me up, though. Thank you for that.

metal gear solid GIF

Azurro

Banned
You clearly have no cognitive reasoning beyond "lol guns bad ppl who go outside live in caves durrr".

I'm sure going outside at all sounds miserable to you. Are you sure you're not an incel/vampire from Twilight? Good luck should you ever have rolling blackouts like the NE U.S. had. You'd be the first on the grill.

Also I never said the gubmint was coming for mah guns, dumbass. But if they did, I imagine they'd have less success than they did against the Taliban (who also confiscated guns the second they took power... wonder why?).

Seeing someone so inept and full of soy with a Big Boss profile picture just cracks me up, though. Thank you for that.

metal gear solid GIF

I'm sorry, I'm not used to your dialect, what was that after the third 'ooga booga bongo bongo'? Does it translate to: 'the gubrment koms fer me guns while me sister/wife have sex, the founding fathers and secnd mendmnt are b'trayed!'?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom