• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

23 year old incel kills 5 people with shotgun before killing himself in Plymouth, UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Couldn’t see a thread but pretty significant event for the UK. Killed a toddler the horrible bastard.

This guy was a proper sad fuck crying on YouTube and Reddit about his pathetic existence.

Cravis

So sad.

It’s rather infuriating to see the police constable questioning how he got the shotgun and going into detail how it was illegal the way the ammo was fed. Good job on avoiding the big issue on the guy’s mental health. Typical. Blame the weapon and not nutjob that pulled the trigger. Its easier and I guess helps certain people sleep better at night.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
So sad.

It’s rather infuriating to see the police constable questioning how he got the shotgun and going into detail how it was illegal the way the ammo was fed. Good job on avoiding the big issue on the guy’s mental health. Typical. Blame the weapon and not nutjob that pulled the trigger. Its easier and I guess helps certain people sleep better at night.

Definite questions to be answered by authorities about his status as lawful shotgun owner. We have the best gun licensing system in the world here in the UK (I’m a registered shotgun owner myself) and there are many checks carried out on you prior to being allowed the licence, and during your ownership of it. The police inform the GP of the licence, and it’s the doctor’s responsibility to inform them of any serious mental health issues.

If this fucker was being treated, or he had any status of being someone with serious mental health issues, then heads need to roll on this.

Last edited:
So sad.

You don't think it's an entirely reasonable question to ask how a mentally unstable person got hold of a firearm??!?

GreatnessRD

I didn't read the story as the headline was already sad enough for me. What I do know is, is that its too bad they couldn't revive the piece shit, torture him and then kill him again.

B D Joe

So today thanks to the media I learned the definition of an incel

'Involuntary celibate'

Wtf is wrong with young men these days, we need to be looking at society as a whole and asking some very serious questions about what we are getting so wrong that this is the result 🤔

Outlier

We can hate on him all we want, but there are more people like him brewing in the shadows.

People are becoming more and more apathetic towards each other and themselves.

They are angry about where they are in life and feel there's no light at the end of the tunnel and will look for something (other than themselves) to ultimately place blame on, then look for easy targets.

I understand that we can have a hard time understanding why someone would do something like this. Looking at it closer, IMO I think these people lash out like this and take other peoples lives (before themselves), in order to feel justified in the ending of their own lives.

When someone is so low in life that the tunnel seems endless, they might do drastic things to create a more defined end.

It's incredibly sad when anything like this happens, but I'd like to offer a bit of - what is likely - a less common perspective without minimizing the loss of those who were killed.

We live in a world where many people are suffering - for many different reasons, and some more than others. I wonder how many people saw the struggles in this killer and yet did nothing to come to his aid. Not all tragedies or acts of violence can be prevented, but I'm sure there are many that can be averted if we had the collective mindset to look out for troubles in others who cross our path and do whatever we are able, however small, to lend a hand to someone in need. It's always easy to look at the victims of hate/violence/rage, but I think it's easy to forget that many who perpetuate this sort of thing are also themselves often dealt some (very) difficult circumstances. Please don't take this as tolerance for things of this nature, but not everyone has the resources, internal or external, to deal with their own suffering and struggles, and things like this are sometimes the result. Many times those who we see as least deserving of compassion are actually in the greatest need.

I'm truly sorry for all those hurt by these circumstances.

Cyberpunkd

So sad.

It’s Europe, he shouldn’t have gotten near a weapon in the first place.

Amory

It's incredibly sad when anything like this happens, but I'd like to offer a bit of - what is likely - a less common perspective without minimizing the loss of those who were killed.

We live in a world where many people are suffering - for many different reasons, and some more than others. I wonder how many people saw the struggles in this killer and yet did nothing to come to his aid. Not all tragedies or acts of violence can be prevented, but I'm sure there are many that can be averted if we had the collective mindset to look out for troubles in others who cross our path and do whatever we are able, however small, to lend a hand to someone in need. It's always easy to look at the victims of hate/violence/rage, but I think it's easy to forget that many who perpetuate this sort of thing are also themselves often dealt some (very) difficult circumstances. Please don't take this as tolerance for things of this nature, but not everyone has the resources, internal or external, to deal with their own suffering and struggles, and things like this are sometimes the result. Many times those who we see as least deserving of compassion are actually in the greatest need.

I'm truly sorry for all those hurt by these circumstances.
I don't disagree with your basic point of "be kind to people" as a general rule, but you don't know that no one tried to help. Some people are just beyond help.

It's a problem that there's an "incel community" on the internet. It gives these guys a place to echo each other's irrational and unhelpful thoughts under the guise of support. Just a hive of desperation, anger, and mental illness.

Sybrix

We can hate on him all we want, but there are more people like him brewing in the shadows.

They are angry about where they are in life and feel there's no light at the end of the tunnel and will look for something (other than themselves) to ultimately place blame on, then look for easy targets.

I understand that we can have a hard time understanding why someone would do something like this. Looking at it closer, IMO I think these people lash out like this and take other peoples lives (before themselves), in order to feel justified in the ending of their own lives.

When someone is so low in life that the tunnel seems endless, they might do drastic things to create a more defined end.

Right.

People like him brewing in the shadows in places like gaming forums and the like.......

As soon as saw this story i immediately wondered if he is a member of this place or the other place.

He is the definition of an angry 20 something no nothing that has a crappy 9-5, games all night and weekend and is bitter towards anyone with anything more than he has.

A product of resentment in the fake world we live in, he probably was enraged with his peers on social media that pose in the fake world for Facebook and Instagram and thought he couldnt live up to that lifestyle that appears so real.

I don't disagree with your basic point of "be kind to people" as a general rule, but you don't know that no one tried to help. Some people are just beyond help.

It's a problem that there's an "incel community" on the internet. It gives these guys a place to echo each other's irrational and unhelpful thoughts under the guise of support. Just a hive of desperation, anger, and mental illness.

You're right. I don't know. But much of what we deem "individual" problems are often more of a "collective" problem, as you alluded to. In an ideal world (if only we could get there), when someone I cross paths with has a problem, I also have a problem.

CAB_Life

'Involuntary celibate'

Wtf is wrong with young men these days, we need to be looking at society as a whole and asking some very serious questions about what we are getting so wrong that this is the result 🤔
It’s not just young men. We have entire threads and groups on Twitter that openly talk about punching women in the face, sniffing used tampons and of course the MAPS (minor attracted persons). Mental illness, deviancy and regressive behaviours are allowed and in many cases—politics depending—encouraged or proclaimed as beautiful and brave. So it’s no wonder that the darkest elements of our society—the ones that would almost never have met without the connectivity of the internet—continue to unite, make roots and spread their poison.

Homegrown terrorists are just another symptom of the same disease.

Lanrutcon

He probably could have used a well-timed slap on the back of the head from a good friend.

I don't think he had either.

Sad day for society.

CGiRanger

Banned
He probably could have used a well-timed slap on the back of the head from a good friend.

I don't think he had either.

Sad day for society.
Sounds like he had no friends. At least, the only reports show all he did was go on social media with posts and videos.

Kimahri

Banned

'Involuntary celibate'

The problem is the internet. For all the good things it brings, it makes it horribly easy for insane shitbags like this to find other equally horrible bags of shit, band together, whine and dine about how shitty their lives are and how it's everybody else's fault, instead of, you know, doing anything else. And I mean anything. With their time.

They're miserable shits, but until they meet other idiots and call themselves incels, that's all they are. Miserable shits. When they create a community, they become dangerous miserable shits.

The whole incel horseshit is just one big self fulfilling prophecy. Once they've entered that club, they'll probably never leave. They probably would though, if they just steered clear of that shit.

Know what I think of when I read this reply in regards to a guy who killed 5 innocent people, including a 3 year old girl?

bawwww.jpg

Wah. Suck it up you fuckin loser. Go shoot yourself in the head if you feel, why take out others. Ultimate cowardice.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Emotionally something was wrong, do I think he's Chris Benoit 2? No. Families have to be there for each other not killing one another with shotguns.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Christ, i hope that murderous coward piece of shit rots. My heart goes out to those lost and their families, and absolutley sensless waste of life. Imagine being so desperate to have an identity that you identify as an incel and do something so fucking heinous. fuck this world we live in.

Scotty W

Gold Member
Know what I think of when I read this reply in regards to a guy who killed 5 innocent people, including a 3 year old girl?

bawwww.jpg

Wah. Suck it up you fuckin loser. Go shoot yourself in the head if you feel, why take out others. Ultimate cowardice.
You are treating this like a zero sum situation.

One unfortunate aspect of evil is that people take it out on other people. Doesn’t justify it, doesn’t make it good, but that is how it is.

It is so naive to think people can just commit suicide and NOT take it out on other people. There is always something superfluous, or extra about evil.

If you can’t accept the tragic nature of the world, it will be wholly inexplicable to you. From the Bolsheviks, to the Nazis, Gengis Khan and Napoleon- all of them are responsible to huge numbers of innocent deaths. They knew it wasn’t justified. With the Nazis and Bolsheviks in particular there is an aspect of ‘I want you to feel my suffering.’ But their victims were innocent.

Why can’t Iago just kill himself? Why does he have to take it out on Desdemona? Because that is the nature of evil. Evil is not justified, and yet it goes on.

The best we can do is try to understand it and the people who are compelled by it. This does not take from our sympathy for the victims one iota. This is why it is not a zero sum situation: we honor the dead by attempting to prevent victims of evil from becoming the people who commit evil.

Smart people have known for thousands of years that you should enforce monogamy in order to create a stable society. We got rid off that in the 60s and now, as one of the many negative consequences, we have piece of shit incels who gun innocent people down because they're sexually frustrated. Social media just made this worse btw. We need to delete it.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Man virgins are the worst.

I mean rip to victims, but still....should be considered security risk when straight guys is virgin and above 19

Smart people have known for thousands of years that you should enforce monogamy in order to create a stable society. We got rid off that in the 60s and now, as one of the many negative consequences, we have piece of shit incels who gun innocent people down because they're sexually frustrated. Social media just made this worse btw. We need to delete it.

That is working on presumption, that these guys would get laid by then, it's mostly not social pressure, but more of a lack of any social skills.

Last edited:

belmarduk

If the incels are unable to find sexual hook ups then what makes you think they could find wives?

belmarduk

In the old days, men got coupled with women, usually via their parents, and that was it. I'm not saying that's the better system, btw.

I don't know, man. Arranged marriages are the norm in the Islamic world, yet we see quite a bit (more?) of the same thing with young Muslim men.

How would he have turned out without social media?

Even the most off-putting (in every way) guys I hung around with grew up watching their mates pair off. With encouragement they either got pleasant relations with some nice women or ended up with obese or crazy women. That may have taken them 10yrs longer than us handsome folk, but that was it.

Putting mal adjusted frustrated men together for years without positive examples and influence will breed this sort of extreme hate.

Turn off the internet.

Oh, it might help not re-arming people after taking away their firearm license. But its the UK so we ensure only raging killers and criminals carry guns.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

So is the UK going to ban shotguns now? Murderers find a way.

I just wish for once one of these losers would choose Suicide by cop by taking out a Pedo house or attempting to assault a bunch of drug dealers like the Punisher: why target innocents other than having a left wing “people are sheep” mindset?

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member
I don't know, man. Arranged marriages are the norm in the Islamic world, yet we see quite a bit (more?) of the same thing with young Muslim men.
While I am not sure about mass shootings in the Muslim world, I recall reading about social unrest happening as a result of polygamy.

mcjmetroid

Horrible horrible thing to happen.

Forget all that bullshit talk about incels and wahh poor him. This guy was a coward and a fucker.

No other chat is even necessary.

Banned
Why oh why do the general public need to own guns

yeah because all the mass shootings in the US are always stopped by someone from the general public and not a police officer... and it also never happened that someone who tried to stop someone with a gun was then killed by the police because they have no way of knowing you aren't the guy gunning down people.

living in dream worlds is fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom