• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2023 - Possibly Best Year for Gaming Ever ? (2001 fans eat your heart out)

Rising_Hei

We'll see. It looks like a promising year, but what really matters is that the gaming industry is alive and healthy :)

I wish I had the money to invest in all the hardware to enjoy the true start of the generation, tho.

Last edited:

RaduN

"I giggled and continued my Sunday routine (lunch, walk in the park in this beautiful sunny day, a bit of Dodonpachi)" - me cca 2023, not the best year for gaming ever, not by a long shot.

We'll see. So far, the next threshhold for 2023 is 2017 imo...

From the top of my head: Cuphead, Sonic Mania, Nier Automata, Persona 5, Horizon, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Resident Evil 7 and Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Yep even 1998 was mostly sequels. It's just that a lot of those games like MGS and FF7 were transitioning to 3d and everyone was like omg. Unless, we find a new Fourth Dimension somehow, we will never have that experience again. best we can hope for is franchises like Souls and Zelda going full open world which they already have.

There were a lot of amazing sequels in 1998, but there were also a lot of great original games including StarCraft, Banjo-Kazooie, Half-Life, Thief and Baldur's Gate to name a few.

1998 will never be topped.

Top Bottom