• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2022 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

DeaconOfTheDank

Gold Member
compilation trigger / merged files are script merges so they are not mods. everything else are mods.

32cedb34e368d4a73c3f9530abf04186.png

Gameplay tweaks to make the witcher 3 playable in my view are, as the stock value's are dog shit.
- Over 9000 weight, so u can now hoard all your loot now.
- UnlimitedDurability, no longer repair your weapons, absolute worst thing they added into teh game.
- Travel from anywhere, ( does break quests at times as sometimes triggers are outside doors of quest area's where normally walk through, if you teleport quest breaks, nothing to bad tho, had it 5 times but could easily be fixed by reloaded a ealier save. Still massively improves movement in the game to the point u actually don't have to run around like a idiot for countless of hours
- removecamerashakeeffect, no longer wobble camera when u run on horse / gerald or ciri. super annoying in this game.
- Applyoil or whatever its called exactly, automatically loads oil so no longer have to manually do it. which is annoying as hell.

Things i heavily advice to get.
- AMM, basically can make your horse and gerald from the start look like how u want, all cosmetic as no stats will be adjusted. Really good. Instead of looking like a hobbo the entire game, u now look great. same for your horse. U can also disable it by 1 button whenever u want and reload it. its so simple.
- Tweaks, now run everything at 2-3 steps higher then base game settings and far more control over settings in general.
- Textures all of them, huge huge improvement over the base game, honestly with the textures on armor / weapons / faces / enviroment being on par with ac valhalla i would say, it really pushes the game into a new dimension.
- longshadows / true fires, incredible performance demanding basically cuts fps in half in the nights, but god dam it looks so much more better
- immersive lightning 2.1, base game looks like a cartoon, this will push it into a realistic natural color look. but still with colors. Lots lightning mods kill colors entirely. Game looks really good now ( only tested in base game as i am currently playing through the game myself, 94 hours in and just 100% cleared the main game, dlc tommorow )
- Combo blood, far more brutal kill effects blood everywhere but still realistic. Far better then the base game.
- E3 animations, far better then the standard animations. Really pushes the game upwards as the walking/running animation are a bit dated at this point.
- Meadows, more grass far more grass, your game actually now has grass everywhere and more detailed, sadly no DLSS so shimmering does happen unless u blur it a bit with mipmap textures, unless u want to dsr the game.

All with all this makes the game from janky outdated feeling, and outdated overly cartoony looking towards a more modern up to date game.

It looks absolutely amazing pretty much everywhere with those mods.
Very nice - I've got practically the same list. Currently got around 92 mods in total, with most of them focused on visuals. I sill prefer the Nudel version of the Immersive Lighting over version 2.1. Too much fog for my tastes.

I'd check out Alternate Alnus Trees and Fall Birches for small, but effective boost in visual variety. Also, if you don't care for the default HUD and Menus then consider Vladimir UI for a beautiful overhaul.

Very nice - I've got practically the same list. Currently got around 92 mods in total, with most of them focused on visuals. I sill prefer the Nudel version of the Immersive Lighting over version 2.1. Too much fog for my tastes.

I'd check out Alternate Alnus Trees and Fall Birches for small, but effective boost in visual variety. Also, if you don't care for the default HUD and Menus then consider Vladimir UI for a beautiful overhaul.
But beware, if you have a working modlist. This Hud-Mod will break it and should stand on the top of a newly cobbled together list (I wanted it so badly, but my list worked without it, so I let it go)

Last edited:

DeaconOfTheDank

Gold Member
But beware, if you have a working modlist. This Hud-Mod will break it and should stand on the top of a newly cobbled together list (I wanted it so badly, but my list worked without it, so I let it go)
Lol yeah merging was a bit of nightmare, especially with things like Friendly HUD + Immersive Camera. Although, there's been a recent Friendly HUD compatibility patch for Vladimir UI that makes all merge conflicts automatically resolve through ScriptMerger.

Last edited:

Markie

I'm impressed, DLSS Quality Mode looks incredible in God of War. Certain aspects of the image are really stable and better than native, vegetation and fur/beards/hair in particular. Crazy how it has come to a point where you're better off just using it if you can, rather than using it because you need extra performance. According to the Digital Foundry video, even DLSS Performance Mode is far ahead of the checkerboard rendering present on consoles, at 4K :messenger_open_mouth:

Kuranghi

God of War

rJaHTc.jpg

rJalOK.jpg

This is at 8K with DLSS performance mode, getting 50-60 fps :pie_raybans:

Do you have an 8K display or is that like supersampling 4K from 8K (which is DLSS'd from whatever resolution the performance preset uses)?

Does the output look any better than using a higher DLSS preset and 4K instead of 8K?

Do you have an 8K display or is that like supersampling 4K from 8K (which is DLSS'd from whatever resolution the performance preset uses)?

Does the output look any better than using a higher DLSS preset and 4K instead of 8K?

I have a 4K display, I had to set my desktop resolution to 8K with DSR to get that resolution ingame.

The output looks better because I'm able to get a higher internal resolution (3840x2160) than I get with the highest DLSS preset at 4K (2560×1440)
Also helps that the horrible sharpening filter from DLSS is downsampled which makes it less visible.

Kuranghi

Mirror's Edge at 4K with HBAO+, SweetFX and 4x SGSSAA

51827148111_9ede1586f4_o.png

51826200332_ba7929f9fd_o.png

I feel like you're not getting the IQ you should be for 4K + 4xSGSSAA here, it looks great but its still really aliased and blurry for such a huge downsample, are you sure you got the compatibility bits right and its actually being supersampled? Sorry if you do this a lot and thats insulting but something seems off. Maybe its just flicker doing something though as well, I use this site:

Thats Dead Space 2 in native 8K.

Last edited:

Markie

I feel like you're not getting the IQ you should be for 4K + 4xSGSSAA here, it looks great but its still really aliased and blurry for such a huge downsample, are you sure you got the compatibility bits right and its actually being supersampled? Sorry if you do this a lot and thats insulting but something seems off. Maybe its just flicker doing something though as well, I use this site:

Thats Dead Space 2 in native 8K.
Yes I did notice that, this doesn't look as clean as it should for 4K + 4x SGSSAA. I did the bits right and it is working, my screen is 768p and without SGSSAA the game looks really aliased, with SGSSAA it's a lot cleaner and there is higher GPU usage so I know it's definitely working. This was a 3840x2160 custom resolution in NVCP with SGSSAA applied over it, my guess is that the effect doesn't work properly with custom resolutions or just isn't captured in screenshots in that case. I was getting around 4 FPS in these shots...

Last edited:
Top Bottom