• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2022 is shaping up to be a monster year for gaming

Which are you most hyped for?

• God of War Ragnarok

Votes: 32 29.6%
  • Zelda Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Starfield

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • Horizon Forbidden West

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gran Turismo 7

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernoby

• Forspoken

• Baldur's Gate 3

• Total voters

Airbus Jr

Banned
Why no mention of Horizon Forbiden West? ( It is coming Feb 18 2022)

Are Botw2 and God of War really confirmed for 2022?

Of all above list i voted Elden Ring ( cos its the only one who have release date = Jan 22)

Last edited:

stn

Apart from the usual suspects, can I also add the Final Fantasy: Paradise game into the mix? Just the fact that its a Nioh clone with loot makes me really want it.

tmlDan

Yeah obviously, at the price of 2021 being one of the worst years.
2014 was bad then came 2015 and 2017.
It is always like this.
2022 is going to be stacked.
Go Elden Ring!! Starfield is the only threat imo. God of War is going to get recognition but not win overall, its not long time ago that God of War won, Zelda same, it looks very similar and doesnt take risks based on what i saw and they gave Zelda awards. Starfield looks like something new and groundbreaking and some media outlets should award Xbox its about time, but it should launch in a great shape, its the only threat to Elden Ring.
we have no clue if Starfield is new and groundbreaking yet we haven't seen anything but im with you. I think previous winners, unless greatly improving on it's predecessor shouldn't win again. If Starfield is indeed a huge step forward, which i hope it is, i'd love for something ambitious to win.

WitchHunter

Assuming there are no further delays or unforeseen setbacks of course. I am pretty excited what about you Gaf?

Potentially-

Zelda Breath of the Wild 2
Elden Ring
Starfield
God of War Ragnarok

We could actually have these 4 battling for GOTY.

Not even mentioning other titles like-
Pokémon Legends: Arceus (I know, but you never know)
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
Hogwarts Legacy (Been waiting for a game like this since the books were releasing. Too long.)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl
Gran turismo 7
Too early to celebrate. A renegade bat will hitchhike on top of a cow. Will accidentally scratch the cow's bottocks, infecting it with a special vector that makes the cow's brain to mutate and fold on itself multiple times. As time progresses the cow will start to walk on two legs and ask the owner to bring her a walkman and audio books so it could educate herself while grazing the grass. Every night she will travel to 24/7 shooting ranges and pretend to be a cosplayer and ask for ammution to train with automatic weapons... COWiD 20 could have devastating consequences.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Although I can't wait for Final Fantasy XVI and Starfield next year, I have to say that I like 2023 better...

Pedro Motta

Yeah obviously, at the price of 2021 being one of the worst years.
2014 was bad then came 2015 and 2017.
It is always like this.
2022 is going to be stacked.
Go Elden Ring!! Starfield is the only threat imo. God of War is going to get recognition but not win overall, its not long time ago that God of War won, Zelda same, it looks very similar and doesnt take risks based on what i saw and they gave Zelda awards. Starfield looks like something new and groundbreaking and some media outlets should award Xbox its about time, but it should launch in a great shape, its the only threat to Elden Ring.
wtf? we know NOTHING about Starfield...

Guilty_AI

Dunno if they'll release on 2022, but i'm waiting for the full release of these games

capsule_616x353.jpg

bg3_uruc.jpg

662px-LWN-Wall.jpg

capsule_616x353.jpg

skit_data

Hmmm, I’m gonna have to give it to Elden Ring. God of War Ragnarök not far behind…Gran Turismo 7 after that. Might actually put GT7 above God of War Ragnarök because I’ve been missing GT so much and I’m not really in a hurry to play GoW Ragnarök, I could easily wait to 2023.

Top Bottom