• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2022 is looking like one of the most eventful years for Playstation in a while

On Demand

Banned
How have you been coping for these last 6 months?

All these people you’re talking about may need some tips.

How have you been coping for the last 12 months????

I’ll play your game.......

What do you mean exactly? Past 6 months of what? PS5 since launch has been getting games. Unlike the other console who didn’t launch with literally anything and only now have 2 games during the holiday that’s causing the usuals to run amuck.

Just so you know, there’s more than 2 months out of a year.

But using the green logic back at people like you.....Xbox is pretty much fucked then seeing how it has nothing until summer. And even then it isn’t a big game. Hope the media has the same attitude about that like did with PS5. Doubt it.

#Coping

EDIT- Ahhh the person was banned. Oh well.

Last edited:
Yeah seems like its real. Hope so at least. I love Helldivers.

The October 26 thing is their yearly Helldivers fan day anniversary or whatever they call it. Could def be a tease of the plot of Helldivers 2.

But the obvious signs to me, besides the Nvidia leak, is that Arrowhead are suddenly making their first ever AAA game and looking to expand. They're making a next gen game but can't say who's publishing. Basically its the same situation as Housemarque was in before they revealed Returnal.

And Arrowhead have spent the last 6 years supporting Helldivers, a Sony game. Hard to explain how Arrowhead's been paying the bills for so long without putting out a new game - unless Sony has been funding them to keep updating Helldivers. Its not like Helldivers has sold that well.

Yeah, no reason to keep the publisher a secret if its someone like activision, ubi, or self published. It’s most likely part of sonys 2022 rollout unless they were secretly bought by microsoft lol

I wouldn’t be surprised if sony already acquired them or if they are in the process

What do you mean exactly? Past 6 months of what? PS5 since launch has been getting games. Unlike the other console who didn’t launch with literally anything and only now have 2 games during the holiday that’s causing the usuals to run amuck.

But using the green logic back at people like you.....Xbox is pretty much fucked then seeing how it has nothing until summer. And even then it isn’t a big game. Hope the media has the same attitude about that like did with PS5. Doubt it.

#Coping

And honestly…if Redfalls development is anything like Deathloops i doubt it won’t get at least one major delay. A lot of these detractors are gonna be eating shit in may still waiting for season 2 of halo infinite

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned
Speaking of 2022 Sony...apparently they are starting the year with some big PS5 shipments for Japan with some long lines to go with it:

The fact these pictures look like a console launch...but it's a console that's been "available" for over a year is depressing as hell. Hopefully Japan is not as forgotten throughout the year. Anyway...some healthy shipments for this month hopefully.

Sad yes but fascinating a year after launch people are still lining up for PS5. It keeps the excitement of the new generation alive.

Venom Snake

Gold Member
When it comes to Playstation this year, i expect something like this:

w1u5y0.gif

demigod

#Coping

EDIT- Ahhh the person was banned. Oh well.
Oof. Looks like he won’t be able to make shilling thread’s for 2 weeks. How will he cope?

Kilau

Gold Member
If GoW is really this year then it’s all good. Horizon looks great but I’m worried the story won’t live up to the first.

PSVR2 I’m very interested in, the rest of the OP does nothing for me.

Topher

Gold Member
black veil drama GIF by Underground
season 5 ghost GIF by Power
Roses Funeral GIF by Un si grand soleil

Same way you will cope with the next 6

It is a valid point. So much has been made about the games being available in the second part of 2021. Are some folks here only engaging in games from September to December? Then why are they still posting now that it is January?

For me, I game all year around and I'm not dependent on first party regardless so this narrative doesn't jive for me either way.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I hope it works out.

I've become overly cynical of the promises from some of these companies, so it would be nice to see one come through (especially since everything was promised for last year)
Delays are a natural part of the industry but you'd be silly to think these delayed 2021 games like Horizon and GoW would be pushed out until 2023

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Delays are a natural part of the industry but you'd be silly to think these delayed 2021 games like Horizon and GoW would be pushed out until 2023
Never said they were going to be pushed further.

I was saying they should be polished AF, since they were due to come out in 2021.

There is a difference.

Being cynical, doesn't mean being oppositional to them.

Last edited:
Speaking of acquisitions or partnerships...Herman Hulst only likes tweets Sony-related when it's about videogames...and he liked this very specific tweet:

If there's one thing we learned in 2022 is that Sony acquired 6 studios in 7 months and all from Europe. Not saying this is an acquisition but the game he's talking about could be something Sony related:

Speaking of acquisitions or partnerships...Herman Hulst only likes tweets Sony-related when it's about videogames...and he liked this very specific tweet:

If there's one thing we learned in 2022 is that Sony acquired 6 studios in 7 months and all from Europe. Not saying this is an acquisition but the game he's talking about could be something Sony related:

The $329 million worth of third-party contracts they signed for was in Q3 2020. Avalanche could be one of those

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Speaking of 2022 Sony...apparently they are starting the year with some big PS5 shipments for Japan with some long lines to go with it:

The fact these pictures look like a console launch...but it's a console that's been "available" for over a year is depressing as hell. Hopefully Japan is not as forgotten throughout the year. Anyway...some healthy shipments for this month hopefully.

"sold out"

sircaw

Banned
I’m still in this guys head a week later. How sad "lollipop_disappointed:"lollipop_disappointed:"lollipop_disappointed:
Welcome back, you were missed :messenger_grinning:

I am sorry you are getting triggered over such Trivial stuff, Gaf members like to have a laugh now and again, sometimes people like yourself do stupid stuff, and get punished. It's true, people did have a good old laugh at your expense, don't take it personally, it happens all the time.

Anyways, the thread continues,

Have a great day:messenger_winking:

Last edited:
Welcome back, you were missed :messenger_grinning:

I am sorry you are getting triggered over such Trivial stuff, Gaf members like to have a laugh now and again, sometimes people like yourself do stupid stuff, and get punished. It's true, people did have a good old laugh at your expense, don't take it personally, it happens all the time.

Anyways, the thread continues,

Have a great day:messenger_winking:
Here is the great white knight back to defend people who were banned for the same reason.

I’m in this thread for Sony games. Not the above user spending over 10 comments about Xbox and you offering nothing to the discussion but still talking about me a week later. Go play a game.

sircaw

Banned
Here is the great white knight back to defend people who were banned for the same reason.

I’m in this thread for Sony games. Not the above user spending over 10 comments about Xbox and you offering nothing to the discussion but still talking about me a week later. Go play a game.
Come on dude, you're straight back from your ban, and your already starting it all up again.

Just learn from your mistakes and be done with it.

End of the story tbh.

Come on dude, you're straight back from your ban, and your already starting it all up again.

Just learn from your mistakes and be done with it.

End of the story tbh.
nah. I will continue to engage this forum with discussion on gaming, unlike a single post of yours in this thread. Nothing I said above or to you last week was why I was banned. You can clearly see that. If calling out derailment bothers you, ignore me.

You should take your own advice and move on.

Last edited:
I'm traditionally a PC guy but I/O (along with crypto-miner bullshit) has dramatically changed my preferred gaming system from PC to PS5 and XSX. On PC, loading times have become increasingly annoying. PC has catching up to do for once.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

To quote Matt Hargett, "...no PC that I’m aware has decompression offloaded in a way that doesn’t take cache lines or memory bandwidth away from the CPU or GPU, or has that granular QoS per IORP."

I/O MASTER-RACE

Topher

Gold Member
To quote Matt Hargett, "...no PC that I’m aware has decompression offloaded in a way that doesn’t take cache lines or memory bandwidth away from the CPU or GPU, or has that granular QoS per IORP."

I/O MASTER-RACE

Hopefully tech like RTX IO will provide that in the coming months, but this is one area that PCs are clearly behind consoles in a meaningful way.

nah. I will continue to engage this forum with discussion on gaming, unlike a single post of yours in this thread. Nothing I said above or to you last week was why I was banned. You can clearly see that. If calling out derailment bothers you, ignore me.

You should take your own advice and move on.

Guess he doesn't need to ignore you now lmao

Top Bottom