• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

oX5wuuT.jpg
BfgH6md.jpg
CxOLc8y.jpg
xuvq3PI.jpg

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Gears of War 3 (Xenia Emulator latest version, 720p upscaled to 1440p)

r2jm8H.png
r2jdmk.png

I had complaints about my shots having crashed black in the past, I thought was the same issue again
I hate to bring bad news, but it look like your screens were taken in HDR mode, and we're seeing them without it so they are a bit washed out.
I remember those older screens with crushed black, I swear you have bad luck ^^

Mafia Definitive Edition + 4k + Max Settings + Custom Reshade + Lightning Mod

The more I play and explore this game the more I am fascinated by the superb quality of the graphic, they've done a pretty amazing job with this remake, I really feel amazed as well as I was in 2002 when I firstly played and was amazed by the original. Textures, reflections (even though only Screen space), illumination (even though no ray traced), shadows (again no ray tracing), character models, overall polygon quantity, really great. Seriously I only miss some serious raytracing in this game (for 2021). Obviously more could be done in terms of polycount, assets, physics (characters' and objects') facial animation and modelling, raytracing, But probably in 20 more years
Is the gunplay really that bothersome in this game? I’ve heard this complaint.

xPikYx

I hate to bring bad news, but it look like your screens were taken in HDR mode, and we're seeing them without it so they are a bit washed out.
Yes they are in HDR

Dr.D00p

Yes they are in HDR

Yeah, Taking screenshots in HDR mode is a big no-no. What you see is not what we see. My PC monitor is HDR but in normal desktop use I leave it disabled because Windows HDR standards are such a buggy, washed out mess.

I'll use HDR when gaming ONLY if I have no intention of taking screenshots for possible posting in here.

xPikYx

Now I understand the complaints about crashed black, because they were taken in HDR and also from RTSS that probably doesn't capture reshade properly

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons

r2jm8H.png
r2jdmk.png

You need to tell me ASAP if you can play PGR 4 and Forza Motorsport 4 with that EMU.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
You need to tell me ASAP if you can play PGR 4 and Forza Motorsport 4 with that EMU.
Not really, or at least not upscaled.
For example at 1440p for Gear 2 & 3 I get something like 10/15 FPS. In native 720p if I use Canary (the beta version of Xenia that have the best performance) it's between 20/50 FPS but with glitches.
You can try them but I wont expect them to work properly for now

Turk1993

Not really, or at least not upscaled.
For example at 1440p for Gear 2 & 3 I get something like 10/15 FPS. In native 720p if I use Canary (the beta version of Xenia that have the best performance) it's between 20/50 FPS but with glitches.
You can try them but I wont expect them to work properly for now
I will try it out but do you have a solid link for the EMU? Also i have RTX 3080ti and i7 11th gen so hopefully it performs a bit better.

edit. NVM they have a site with download link.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I will try it out but do you have a solid link for the EMU? Also i have RTX 3080ti and i7 11th gen so hopefully it performs a bit better.

edit. NVM they have a site with download link.
In case you need Xenia Canary or if anyone else don't know what to download, here is an archive with both:

If you want to change the resolution, go to "C:\Users\*****\Documents\Xenia" and open xenia.config.toml . Note that you need to launch Xenia at least one time as it will create the folder.

Search for those two lines:
draw_resolution_scale_x = 1
draw_resolution_scale_y = 1

Replace 1 to 2 for 1440p, and 3 for 4K. Don't forget to do it for both line.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Someone please explain to me how a 4 year old game with mods looks miles better than either of the 2 "sequels" that's followed since then. Assassin's Creed Origins:

assassinscreedoriginsa1jgg.png

assassinscreedoriginsshjgt.png

assassinscreedoriginsntkn2.png
Origins gave me so much hope that they found a good balance for writing, action, experience... I was wrong. Neither Odyssey or Valhalla are as good as Origin. Origin would be near perfect in my eyes if they'd take the parkour of Unity and put that into it's systems.

Turk1993

Assetto Corsa Competizione + 4k DLSS Quality + Everything Maxed Out + SDR + Custom Reshade

I deactivated the HDR because in my opinion is broken and less realistic than SDR, plus screenshots are broken

r25aPv.png

r2G2jC.png

r2G8d5.png
So HDR was the issue, now everything looks much better and the black levels are correct. And that last pic looks photorealistic with that fish eye effect and Reshade.

xPikYx

So HDR was the issue, now everything looks much better and the black levels are correct. And that last pic looks photorealistic with that fish eye effect and Reshade.
Yes as you guys mentioned HDR may look weird on your screen, especially on Assetto Corsa, even on my screen the shots are off, while in other games they look good like gameplay, but still for you may be broken. I don't like HDR on Assetto Corsa honestly it looks much better in SDR. Reshade is also broken in HDR mode for Assetto Corsa.
This game with reshade is on another level, car model are amazing and really you can recreate that photorealistic broadcast effect. I have to try this reshade in other games too like Death Stranding

Turk1993

Yes as you guys mentioned HDR may look weird on your screen, especially on Assetto Corsa, even on my screen the shots are off, while in other games they look good like gameplay, but still for you may be broken. I don't like HDR on Assetto Corsa honestly it looks much better in SDR. Reshade is also broken in HDR mode for Assetto Corsa.
This game with reshade is on another level, car model are amazing and really you can recreate that photorealistic broadcast effect. I have to try this reshade in other games too like Death Stranding
Yup its the best looking simulator easily, i also play it from time to time.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
If you take a screenshot with Nvidia while playing in HDR mode, it will save a .JXR file with correct color grading.
Then I use "HDR+WCG Image Viewer" from the Microsoft Store to convert them. Example with RE Village:

unknown.png

You can see the color is completely broken on the right, but correctly displayed on the left.

Last edited:

xPikYx

If you take a screenshot with Nvidia while playing in HDR mode, it will save a .JXR file with correct color grading.
Then I use "HDR+WCG Image Viewer" from the Microsoft Store to convert them. Example with RE Village:

unknown.png

You can see the color is completely broken on the right, but correctly displayed on the left.
I take my screen with RTSS via Afterburner I don't know if it is the same thing

Turk1993

And in February is also coming the next gen patch probably introducing Ray trancing
Where did you get that info from? I couldn't find it anywhere, i tought they scrapped it because it had to much hit on the fps.

xPikYx

Where did you get that info from? I couldn't find it anywhere, i tought they scrapped it because it had to much hit on the fps.
Well honestly I watched a video on YouTube for the Next gen version coming on February, probably they are referring to the console version

Turk1993

Well honestly I watched a video on YouTube for the Next gen version coming on February, probably they are referring to the console version

Yeah there is no RT in there unfortunately, i thought they released some new info or some :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

xPikYx

Can it look exactly like this on gameplay or just photomode/replays?
Yes it does, the loss of details is so minimal you can't realize it, if there is even any.

My reshade is based on the official f1 broadcast on YouTube, after several hours of editing I'm very happy about the result, it's almost close to perfect, I only blame the fact that I use the youtube channel definition, which videos are at 1080p, I would like to have some 4k capture for better results but for now I'm really happy, it looks perfect (obviously the game doesn't have raytracing so it is quite flat sometimes)

Last edited:
Top Bottom