• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

TheGrat1

I wanted the Bengals to lose, just to keep the anniversaries going:

I'm dying to see what the hell they can possibly do to replace Big Ben and get better lol
His name is Kenny Pickett. We better not think Rudolph and Haskins are long term solutions, they have proven that they are not that guy.

GreatnessRD

• Titans SHOULD beat Bengals, but they gotta pray Tannehill doesn't Tannehill
  • Greenbay gonna dog walk 49ers because Jimmy G gonna Jimmy G
  • Bucs should beat Rams as I'm not convinced with them... yet
  • Bills and Chiefs could go either way, but I give the edge to the Chiefs
This year's playoff bracket really was toilet water.

Greenbay gonna dog walk 49ers because Jimmy G gonna Jimmy G
This game comes down to a couple things. If the Packers are up 2 or more scores early it's pretty much over because that will force Jimmy G to pass way more than he should. The dude has a bum shoulder and thumb right now and it's going to be balls cold.

If the 9ers are able to keep it close, I think they have a real good shot at winning. The 9ers rush game is going to be really fun to watch today. Kyle Shanahan will definitely be doing some weird shit. I'm not going to be surprised if we see Trey Lance lined up behind Jimmy and next to Deebo for some wild ass jet sweep/pass option kind of shit. George Kittle will most likely get a run or two as well.

GreatnessRD

This game has me in old man shouting at clouds mode. Going for it on 4th down with the game tied and in field goal range? REALLY?
I normally would agree, but I respect Vrabel for going for it. Since he has a well coached team, he can overcome a blunder. But yeah for sure, I'm taking the points there.

GreatnessRD

• Titans SHOULD beat Bengals, but they gotta pray Tannehill doesn't Tannehill
For I am a prophet or something.

Titans did everything right, but win.

• DEF had 9 sacks
  • Rushing attack ran for over 150 yards
  • AJ Brown like like 150 yards
They just needed Tannehill to just not be him for one day. Just to play like a decent QB for once, but no, he had to go Tannehilling and that's why they loss, lol. 49ers take notes. Shannahan, y'all tried to throw the game in Dallas. Just keep Jimmy G on a leash and stop trying to outsmart yourself on offense and you have a chance.

For I am a prophet or something.

Titans did everything right, but win.

• DEF had 9 sacks
  • Rushing attack ran for over 150 yards
  • AJ Brown like like 150 yards
They just needed Tannehill to just not be him for one day. Just to play like a decent QB for once, but no, he had to go Tannehilling and that's why they loss, lol. 49ers take notes. Shannahan, y'all tried to throw the game in Dallas. Just keep Jimmy G on a leash and stop trying to outsmart yourself on offense and you have a chance.
They didn't quite do everything right but win. Given Tannehill was Tannehilling as you put it they should've taken the damn points on offer then they could've run the clock out on the ground. The coaches are as much to blame as anyone.

GreatnessRD

They didn't quite do everything right but win. Given Tannehill was Tannehilling as you put it they should've taken the damn points on offer then they could've run the clock out on the ground. The coaches are as much to blame as anyone.
Again, normally I'd go with that assessment if the Bengals score after that 4th down blunder, but they didn't. So it was a wash. Titans were still in prime position to take the win, but QB is toilet water. Hindsight can only go so far because let's say the Titans take the 3. Now instead of the Bengals doing nothing, they go score a TD. Cause and effect.

Again, normally I'd go with that assessment if the Bengals score after that 4th down blunder, but they didn't. So it was a wash. Titans were still in prime position to take the win, but QB is toilet water. Hindsight can only go so far because let's say the Titans take the 3. Now instead of the Bengals doing nothing, they go score a TD. Cause and effect.
Maybe but the bengals looked spent. Anyway time for another game!

GreatnessRD

Maybe but the bengals looked spent. Anyway time for another game!
Yessir

Greenbay gonna lay pipe. 49ers only have a shot if Jimmy G doesn't do a Tannehill impersonation. But I still think Rodgers wants revenge on Thomas Brady from last year. But yeah, GB/9ers should be good. Enjoy the game.

Yessir

Greenbay gonna lay pipe. 49ers only have a shot if Jimmy G doesn't do a Tannehill impersonation. But I still think Rodgers wants revenge on Thomas Brady from last year. But yeah, GB/9ers should be good. Enjoy the game.
I'm really torn on this one as they are 2 of my fav teams. Watching from the UK you don't tend to follow just the one team as you just watch what you can get. Especially in the early days before streaming was a thing. Next season will be my 40th watching! I'll have to get in even more booze to celebrate lol

Anyway. Greenbay for the win. Unless they get crushed then I'm a 49rs fan.

Last edited:
You can't let the 49ers hang around.

As I figured, if they stuck around they had a good shot of winning. What a game. Now if the Rams can beat the Bucs, I really like the 9ers chances.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
We deserved that. Rodgers brought the bad karma with his insane Covid nonsense and we choked.

Now its time to drink.

57ed2a6e84f567bbec9ef867eecc736d.gif

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
49ers won that on a special teams touchdown and two of their best offensive players limping off the field at the end of the game. A Pyrrhic victory if there ever was one.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Why is everyone so against Aaron Rodgers? What he actually said is pretty innocuous and the desire to see him fail seems way askew. Seems like the latest social media faux outrage thing to me. I like Aaron Rodgers a lot. Seems like a really likable guy and I was pulling for him.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Why is everyone so against Aaron Rodgers? What he actually said is pretty innocuous and the desire to see him fail seems way askew. Seems like the latest social media faux outrage thing to me. I like Aaron Rodgers a lot. Seems like a really likable guy and I was pulling for him.

Naked Lunch

Interesting seeing Aaron Rodgers get a complete pass again for failing in the playoffs. He went 3 and out the entire second half - had the ball in his hands at the end of the game and did nothing. "It was all the special teams fault". His legacy is choking in the playoffs, period.

Throughout history, other QBs would be buried - Peyton Manning definitely was at the same stage in his career - yet the media doesnt call Rodgers out for some reason.

bender

What time is it?
Interesting seeing Aaron Rodgers get a complete pass again for failing in the playoffs. He went 3 and out the entire second half - had the ball in his hands at the end of the game and did nothing. "It was all the special teams fault". His legacy is choking in the playoffs, period.

Throughout history, other QBs would be buried - Peyton Manning definitely was at the same stage in his career - yet the media doesnt call Rodgers out for some reason.

Green Bay's special teams were atrocious. San Fran's unit didn't have a great outing against the Cowboys the prior week though I'd say that unit, short of Legatron's inconsistencies, is a strength of the Boys. Aaron was far from great, but if Green Bay's special team unit plays to a draw, they win that game because Jimmy G sucks.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

This is generalizing though. If he was throwing balls into the dirt, overthrowing receivers, missing open guys, sure. But what did he not do that he could’ve done? Sometimes the other team just plays really good defense.

The team failed.

I'm kinda expecting the upset theme of the weekend to continue tonight. If experience counts for anything the chiefs and bucs should go through but the bills are looking seriously good lately and Brady has to lose sooner or later right?

I'm thinking the Bills handle the Chiefs and Tampa takes care of the Rams, but I'm rooting for the Rams. I don't think the 49ers would be able to beat the Bucs, but they can definitely take down the Rams again.

Josh Allen vs Mahomes is going to awesome. The 2 best young QBs in the league trading blows in Arrowhead is about as good as it gets

Teslerum

This isn't even a contest. The bucs choking like the bills at a superbowl.
I'm not sure that's chocking and more that the Rams are that good if they play at their best. They are a super-team in terms of players. Only problem is if they or Stafford are inconsistent.
Defense gave Brady almost nothing to work with.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that's chocking and more that the Rams are that good if they play at their best. They are a super-team in terms of players. Only problem is if they or Stafford are inconsistent.
Defense gave Brady almost nothing to work with.
I mostly agree but there is an element of falling apart going on here. Mostly though I just cant resist a dig at the bills :)

Top Bottom