• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

NickFire

The Bills coach came in hot with the console fanboys salt level.

I think its fair to say that BB facepalmed him last night. No offensive deception at all. No hidden game plan. Just stuck to the absolute fundamentals for how to play football in a hurricane, and paying attention to wind direction. Add in masterful defense, and my poll selection on page 1 is starting to look like I had a crystal ball.

NickFire

I feel a little bad for doubting whether BB still had it after letting Brady walk and replacing him with Cam. 1 year later and he should be a lock for coach and gm of the year.

Tschumi

I feel a little bad for doubting whether BB still had it after letting Brady walk and replacing him with Cam. 1 year later and he should be a lock for coach and gm of the year.
Lisa Simpson Episode 10 GIF by The Simpsons

My predictions for week 14 are as follows!

Steelers beat Vikings: Pittsburgh is on the up and up and Omega's team is fading fast. That lost to the Lions will shatter the Vikings will to fight
Packers destroy Bears: Not much to say on this one. Rodgers is the daddy of The Bears and he will spank them silly
Saints beat Jets: Putting a pizza on this one as I believe the Jets have a shot at the upset. If Kamara is back The Saints should win though. 🍕
Chiefs beat Raiders: Chiefs have been on fire and the Raiders are too inconsistent week to week.
Titans beat Jaguars: Should be an easy win for Tanny and the gang, even without Henry. Jaguars are a joke. Jaguars guy gif...
Ravens beat Browns: This pick is a complete guess, these 2 teams are more bipolar than my own mother.
Falcons beat Panthers: I need Gage and Pitts to do great this week, my fantasy team is relaying on them
Cowboys beat Washington: Cowboys D will step up again and Dak will have a great game against Washington's secondary
Seahawks beat Texans: Nice to see Russell Wilson playing great again. He's one of the nicest and best players on the league
Broncos beat Lions: Now that the Lions got their win they will go back to being docile creatures and lose every game
Chargers bear Giants: Who's starting for the Giants this week? If they get Eli to come out of retirement they win, otherwise no
Bengals beat 49ers: Bengals are hot, Burrow will play lights out and dominate
Buccaneers beat Bills: I need the deflater to beat The Bills. My phins needs this outcome. First time in my life I'm rooting for Brandy and Gronk
Cardinals beat Rams: Murray is back and the Rams can't stop him

The comeback was fun while it lasted but even the vikings wont be choking from here.

Edit: well that was a well timed comment! Still stand by it though.

Last edited:

TheGrat1

RIP Demaryius Thomas.

Almost an amazing comeback. If only this team could just be average in the first half and then do their thing in the second. And Ben's arm is fine, his mobility is the only thing that has declined. He still drops dimes out there.

Tschumi

RIP Demaryius Thomas.

Almost an amazing comeback. If only this team could just be average in the first half and then do their thing in the second. And Ben's arm is fine, his mobility is the only thing that has declined. He still drops dimes out there.
Appreciate the fresh take, i read a podcast title saying claypool did something daft is that true?

I missed pretty much the whole match with shitty internet

Last edited:

TheGrat1

Appreciate the fresh take, i read a podcast title saying claypool did something daft is that true?

I missed pretty much the whole match with shitty internet
He was pointing downfield after a first down with 35 seconds left and a running clock. It was dumb but not the worst thing in the world. The thing that sucked was his teammate trying to get the ball from him so that they could spike it which led to it being batted on the ground and taking another 3-4 seconds. It sucked but it was not the reason we lost. Chase had great, bad, and almost disastrous moments in this game but he was a net positive.
Edit:
Video

Last edited:

Tschumi

He was pointing downfield after a first down with 35 seconds left and a running clock. It was dumb but not the worst thing in the world. The thing that sucked was his teammate trying to get the ball from him so that they could spike it which led to it being batted on the ground and taking another 3-4 seconds. It sucked but it was not the reason we lost. Chase had great, bad, and almost disastrous moments in this game but he was a net positive.
Edit:
Video

Sounds like a summary of his career to date :p i loved the way he burst onto the scene last season i hope he's part of the next dynasty.

HoodWinked

Watched the highlights, and even i have to admit that last throw from Ben was nice. He dropped that perfectly into that reciever's hands and he even caught it but was knocked out.

If only Lamar threw that 2pt that well they'd be first in the AFC.

My Phins are on a bye so I'm out and about today. Just had lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse with my girl and now we're going to the park. It's nice and sunny in Miami. Will catch up on the scores later tonight. Good luck to your teams as long as they're not in the AFC East lol.

Cowboys fan for over 30 years, I’m glad I’m old enough to have experienced the glory days. This year has been pretty solid, though, except as of late, Prescott doesn’t seem like himself. I’m hoping it’s nothing serious and he’s just going through a random patch that will go away. Other than that, our kicker sucks balls and we lost a few games we shouldn’t have.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Cowboys fan for over 30 years, I’m glad I’m old enough to have experienced the glory days. This year has been pretty solid, though, except as of late, Prescott doesn’t seem like himself. I’m hoping it’s nothing serious and he’s just going through a random patch that will go away. Other than that, our kicker sucks balls and we lost a few games we shouldn’t have.

I officially became a Dak Prescott fan after seeing this last week.

This is no small thing considering that silver star traumatized me in the mid 90s.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
If the Cowboys defense keeps playing lights out, all the Cowboys would need is for Dak to be a game manager, nothing else.
That late game pick 6 he threw in Washington was simply baffling, though.
He needs to clean that shit up in hurry, not just empty Gatorade cups.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I really want to make fun of Urban Meyer for many obvious reasons. .....but my team was one of the two he beat this year....

Fudge.
Looking back, I'm amazed that Jimmy Johnson had so much success in the NFL.
Most ballyhooed college head coaches seem to always fail at the professional level.
For whatever reason.

bender

What time is it?
Micah Parsons is the true generational talent in Dallas. Fat Luka is such a disappointment.

Looking back, I'm amazed that Jimmy Johnson had so much success in the NFL.

If you look into Jimmy's background, you shouldn't be surprised by his success. He has natural personality traits and competitiveness and he studied psychology in college to maximize his potential.

Last edited:
Top Bottom