• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

Tschumi

shit lol eckler needs to have a huge game for me, he starts off on fire... injured with 10 minutes left in the first quarter.

hope he comes back out

EDIT: okay back in with 8 minutes left in the 1st half phew

This is looking like being an awesome game

Last edited:
Tschumi Tschumi

*Thursday night special*
LAR vs. Sea:

Sunday Slate:
NYJ vs. Atl: I want to root for zach wilson, but Ryan at home is hard to compete against. don't think jets can keep up with scoring. ATL takes it even if theyre still hot garbage...
NE vs. Hou: Mac Jones vs. Davis Mills. LOL....pats all day. D gonna feast.
Det vs. Min: Cousins at home... I'll take that most days. against the lions?....i'll take that every day.
Phi vs. Car: Fan Pick - Carolina for the win, though I think it could be closer than I want it to be. Philly COULD win...We'll see if Panthers D shows up...and if Cam Darnold maintains his career year
NO vs. Was: I want to say saints, but feel like its a coin flip for me. fuck it. TWF takes it.
Ten vs. Jax: I dunno what the status of the titans receiving duo is, but hopefully that teams not in a death spiral...losing to the jets is NOT a good sign. titans win. because urban meyer.
Mia vs. TB: let me think about this before I say Bucs. Bucs.
GB vs. Cin: Bengals could certainly upset, but i'm leaning Rodgers, Jones, Adams...
Den vs. Pit: Broncos. Drew Locke eats Cover 3
Chi vs LV: Raiders. I want to pick Bears, but I cant commit to Fields putting up many points. yet.
Cle vs. LAC: prob a top 3 matchup of the week for me. I'm going with doo doo Browns ftw!
NYG vs. Dal: Cowboys. please don't choke.
SF vs Ari: cool match up. putting zero faith in trey lance/crapoppolo. all faith in zona's offense.. no defense. no offense. okay, both.
Buf vs KC: what a goddamn SNF matchup! both can take it. i'm going to go with the Bills, though I'll root KC.

*Monday Night Football*
Ind vs. Bal: Bal'more. Are the colts even a team this year?

Last edited:

Tschumi

Tschumi Tschumi

*Thursday night special*
LAR vs. Sea:

Sunday Slate:
NYJ vs. Atl: I want to root for zach wilson, but Ryan at home is hard to compete against. don't think jets can keep up with scoring. ATL takes it even if theyre still hot garbage...
NE vs. Hou: Mac Jones vs. Davis Mills. LOL....pats all day. D gonna feast.
Det vs. Min: Cousins at home... I'll take that most days. against the lions?....i'll take that every day.
Phi vs. Car: Fan Pick - Carolina for the win, though I think it could be closer than I want it to be. Philly COULD win...We'll see if Panthers D shows up...and if Cam Darnold maintains his career year
NO vs. Was: I want to say saints, but feel like its a coin flip for me. fuck it. TWF takes it.
Ten vs. Jax: I dunno what the status of the titans receiving duo is, but hopefully that teams not in a death spiral...losing to the jets is NOT a good sign. titans win. because urban meyer.
Mia vs. TB: let me think about this before I say Bucs. Bucs.
GB vs. Cin: Bengals could certainly upset, but i'm leaning Rodgers, Jones, Adams...
Den vs. Pit: Broncos. Drew Locke eats Cover 3
Chi vs LV: Raiders. I want to pick Bears, but I cant commit to Fields putting up many points. yet.
Cle vs. LAC: prob a top 3/5 matchup of the week for me. I'm going with doo doo Browns ftw!
NYG vs. Dal: Cowboys. please don't choke.
SF vs Ari: cool match up. putting zero faith in trey lance/crapoppolo. all faith in zona's offense.. no defense. no offense. okay, both.
Buf vs KC: what a goddamn SNF matchup! both can take it. i'm going to go with the Bills, though I'll root KC.
Ind vs. Bal: Bal'more. Are the colts even a team this year?
Legend.

Damn I better hurry and process the last week!

Tschumi

Okay guys!

PREDICTIONS WEEK 5!

Score going in:
Tschumi = 56.25%
Nobody_Important Nobody_Important = 68.75% ⭐⭐⭐
ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion = 62.5% ⭐
Elpidio Valdés Elpidio Valdés = 56.25%​

Can anyone beat Nobody Important?

Seahawks - Rams - gott, what a fucking hard one to open the week lol, man if Wilson plays to his max capacity I back him, but if he's having an off day it's gonna be the Rams... Siding with the better winning record.
Falcons - Jets - I dunno just feels like that kinda result, QB experience to win out...
Texans - Patriots - again not the least bit surprised if this is a flip, the Pats look legit but they also look very unsettled.
Vikings - Lions - I think Goff is due, I think he's looked pretty decent in fits and bursts, and he might just crack it for a W here, but the Lions have injury troubles so i can't back them.
Panthers - Eagles - Eagles have had tougher opponents, and they are rushing well so far...
WHhhhhFT - Saints - God help me, every game this week is tough to call, I might have to re-visit these picks but at the moment I think the Redskins have looked the more solid of the two.
Jaguars - Titans - Derrick Henry doesn't fail to win a game for his team twice in a row.
Buccaneers - Dolphins - fun fact, the term 'buccaneer' comes from marooned pirates in the caribbean who used to use smoking frames call 'bucan' to smoke game. Also, I dunno it's Tom Brady, y'all. But yeah this is a week where I could get zero right...
Bengals - Packers - The Bengals' loss last week makes this a bit easier, Aaron is pretty pro atm.
Steelers - Broncos - The Broncos seem to have lost their effective RB Montgomery to injury - am I wrong there? Anyway, Steelers should get back on track.
Raiders - Bears - Limp'dicked home performance notwidthstanding the Raiders are still a pretty ruthless looking team this season.
Chargers - Browns - oh my god I think I might get 0 right this week, this is so tough lol, but the charges are tres weak against the run
Cowboys - Giants - Dak 'Money' Prescott is money in the bank in these matchups.
Cardinals - 49ers - I have ceased betting against whatsisname, diminutive two-wayQB for the Cardinals. Kyler Murray, right. He wins games on his own.
Chiefs - Bills - Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes knows what's up.
Ravens - Colts - they got a monkey off their back beating the Chiefs and I don't think the Ravens will lose to the Colts.

I predict a score of 3 for Tschumi this week :D

Last edited:
Already let's try again! Here are my predictions for this week. I apologize for my juvenile humor, just trying to have fun.

Rams stump on the blue birds
Falcons devour the butt fumble team
Chad Rodgers beat virgin Bengals
Pillaging Vikings slice the Lions for dinner
Steelers drown the Bridgewaterless Broncos
The Deflater deflates the Ace Ventura Dolphins
Tropical Storm Redskin sends the Saints to the shelter
Eagles sour high making the Panthers hide in fear
Titans dance on the Jaguars grave
Bellicheat secretly films the Texans practice and dominates them
Bears eat Raiders for breakfast
Browns run all over Chargers
Cowboys stand taller than Giants
Arizona throws sand all over soft San Fran
Chiefs pull off a victory over my ex's Bills
Ravens dodge the Colts bullets and win

I was watching the Red Sox vs The Rays last night (I love October baseball) so I missed this game. Glad the Rams won, I started the week with a prediction win. Let's hope I keep it going on Sunday!

weekly pick 'em so far
TNF: 1/1

the most bonkers shit happened a double punt, i thought this was illegal like everyone else.

whats crazy is that they installed a rule very recently to not allow double punts, but it only prevented double punts in front of the line of scrimmage iirc, and dixon gets the punt off right around the LoS. if the play was reviewed, he was actually in front of it though by like a half to one yard, so i think the ball should have come back to the 20 ( or whatever itd be with the penalty yardage added)

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
weekly pick 'em so far
TNF: 1/1

whats crazy is that they installed a rule very recently to not allow double punts, but it only prevented double punts in front of the line of scrimmage iirc, and dixon gets the punt off right around the LoS. if the play was reviewed, he was actually in front of it though by like a half to one yard, so i think the ball should have come back to the 20 ( or whatever itd be with the penalty yardage added)
But wouldn’t it be the same LOS rule that QBs use when throwing? Meaning if ANY part of his body is behind the line when he kicks that ball, it’s legal. The ball it self and the kick can in front of the line, so long as some part of his body is touching or behind the line (which to me it looks like it was)

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Tschumi Tschumi I am going to take the weekend off from picks. Just found out about a death in my close family and I don't have time for my usual research. My brain just isn't working right now.

Nobody_Important

Really sorry to hear there my friend, take all the time in the universe <3
I appreciate it. It was my grandpa and we always talked football. I can't even look at anything football right now without getting the feels. my head just isn't in it.

I'll come back and win again next week though.

Tschumi

I appreciate it. It was my grandpa and we always talked football. I can't even look at anything football right now without getting the feels. my head just isn't in it.

I'll come back and win again next week though.
I'll see you on the letterfield (our prediction posts)

My grandma passed a few years ago and was the same with me for cricket, among much else, i soon realised all the wonderful things she had achieved, and was responsible for, and i decided that she had played a "good innings" (cricket team, roughly analogous to a drive down the field for a TD or, i dunno, career record, lol) and i was able to come to peace with it. What a wonderful woman she was *sniff

Nobody_Important

I'll see you on the letterfield (our prediction posts)

My grandma passed a few years ago and was the same with me for cricket, among much else, i soon realised all the wonderful things she had achieved, and was responsible for, and i decided that she had played a "good innings" (cricket team, roughly analogous to a drive down the field for a TD or, i dunno, career record, lol) and i was able to come to peace with it. What a wonderful woman she was *sniff
It's amazing how much clearer things become when things get the saddest. You realize so much more when its too late.

The human condition fucking blows ass.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Anyone know when the blurry background cam became all the rage? I think I've seen it used on all the major networks now and as Happy Gilmore once said "I know what you're doing right now and I don't like it."

Pagusas

Elden Member
This game literally exhausted me. My wife and I were going crazy for the last 20 minutes!

RLM9Yb0.jpg

Tschumi

Goodbye Gruden
I mean, I'm not the most sensitive to cancelling, but a 10 year old text message.. i mean i said shit i regret 10 years ago.. "yes let's get a puppy" for instance...

The Bleacher Report app says he resigned! Same shit though, if he didn't resigned he would've been fired. The great Al Davis is sadly not among us anymore. He would've stood by Gruden.

Top Bottom