• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 will be the Year of the Backlog (Patient Gamers, Get ITT!)

As we enter 2020, we all naturally look towards what's in store for us in the decade to come. Whether it's a new generation of consoles with differing teraflops or a plethora of new and old IPs releasing their respective games, everyone in the gaming world is eyeing for the "New".

Well, I'm here to tell ya that 2020 will be the Year of the Backlog for me.

I had an elaborate plan to promote my first ever appearance on Twitch using my NeoGAF account to showcase myself playing Death Stranding for the first time.

Then I realized how expensive games are nowadays and how many valuable games I have on my backlog that I continue to ignore ever since purchasing them. This is, to me, a cardinal sin and I confess my sin to you, GAF.

It is time for me to repent and start fresh, start new, and start from the beginning.

As of today, I vow to only play my backlog of games starting with Oblivion and working my way up towards Death Stranding.

This will take about 12-24 months to complete and I hope I can aim to create an LTTP every two weeks starting from January 1st, 2020.

I'm looking forward to sharing my journey, LTTPs, and experiences as I embark on a new decade of revisiting the past decade or so.

HAPPY NEW YEARS, GAF!

Last edited:

ranmafan

I know the feeling well. Especially since we are entering a transition period for games and the new generation, it’s also time for myself to stop ignoring the games I have and enjoy them and to avoid the whole buying too much. I’m going to be far more selective in what games I buy this year and enjoy my collection I’ve been building up. No need to follow the zeitgeist on every game this year I say.

I know the feeling well. Especially since we are entering a transition period for games and the new generation, it’s also time for myself to stop ignoring the games I have and enjoy them and to avoid the whole buying too much. I’m going to be far more selective in what games I buy this year and enjoy my collection I’ve been building up. No need to follow the zeitgeist on every game this year I say.
This holiday season was not good for my wallet, like at all. I need to put the breaks on my purchases and start playing these games that I already have or else I'm just another weird horder who collects games as a hobby.

bati

I was going to work on my backlog of single player games this year as well but then my friend kindly reminded me that Iceborne for PC comes out in a few days so those plans are now reserved for next year:messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

I'm kind of surprised you're holding out on playing Death Stranding. Oblivion being an epic RPG is just as long as Kojima's newest game and it just seems like you would probably get the urge to play Death Stranding as you continue going through your backlog.

Last edited:
I'm kind of surprised you're holding out on playing Death Stranding. Oblivion being an epic RPG is just as long as Kojima's newest game and it just seems like you would probably get the urge to play Death Stranding as you continue going through your backlog.
It may seem so, but I realized if I play Death Stranding now, then every other game on my backlog will feel less unique and new.

In other words, I'm scared that DS will set the bar very high for me to the point where my backlog games won't feel as good to play them since they're obviously older than DS.

Oblivion is a fantastic game which I always enjoy playing. I've just been going through some difficult mental blocks these past years, but my vow to myself is break through those blocks and start playing games, even if I'm not.in the mood to.play them.

I'll eventually develop the love for the games as I play, but i can't wait for.motivation or good mood swings to drive me towards games anymore. I need to start treating myself better and this will be the first step to do so!

As we enter 2020, we all naturally look towards what's in store for us in the decade to come. Whether it's a new generation of consoles with differing teraflops or a plethora of new and old IPs releasing their respective games, everyone in the gaming world is eyeing for the "New".

Well, I'm here to tell ya that 2020 will be the Year of the Backlog for me.

I had an elaborate plan to promote my first ever appearance on Twitch using my NeoGAF account to showcase myself playing Death Stranding for the first time.

Then I realized how expensive games are nowadays and how many valuable games I have on my backlog that I continue to ignore ever since purchasing them. This is, to me, a cardinal sin and I confess my sin to you, GAF.

It is time for me to repent and start fresh, start new, and start from the beginning.

As of today, I vow to only play my backlog of games starting with Oblivion and working my way up towards Death Stranding.

This will take about 12-24 months to complete and I hope I can aim to create an LTTP every two weeks starting from January 1st, 2020.

I'm looking forward to sharing my journey, LTTPs, and experiences as I embark on a new decade of revisiting the past decade or so.

HAPPY NEW YEARS, GAF!
Yeah, I actually tried out Oblivion for the first time on the 1X like a month ago. Man, that felt dated compared to Skyrim (or any other kinda recent game..)

I had to give up after a couple of hours

Last edited:

Phase

I plan to do this as well. My list is 50+ games atm, some I'm revisiting since release many years ago so I can appreciate them all over again. I'll keep adding the new games I want to the list.

Ever since the arena fps genre died I haven't played much mp, so a side effect is I can patiently wait to play all of these sp games later on.

Keep us updated on the backlog thread.

Top Bottom