• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Is this game good? It's in my steam library almost since release... I loved Fuel (2009 game) and it seem very smilar visually. I also liked Arkham Knight
Full review:

I enjoyed it, it ticks a lot of boxes for me. I will say, don't expect Fury Road. This game is Road Warrior.

Good
- Driving is really good (once you get better parts, much like Banjo Nuts & Bolts) and the vehicular combat is fun. I found myself not using fast travel at all because driving around was fun.
- Combat is similar to Arkham games fluid combat system and on-foot controls are very similar to Just Cause. I think the running animations are directly lifted from JC3. Jumping isn't precise, but you never need it to be.
- I like dystopian future settings and Mad Max's setting is great.
- The game runs really well, 4K/60 with a couple heavy Reshade boxes ticked with no hiccups
- The story is almost non-existent and there are very few interruptions to the game.
Bad
- Repetitive. There is a lot to do but you do a lot of it many times over.
- The game is 90 hours long if you want to 100% it, which I did. It should have been 60.
- The entire last 1/3 of the game does some annoying things. You spend the game building the Magnum Opus up to be the most bad-ass car around, but you are forced to abandon it several times and drive garbage vehicles instead which tend to be clunky to drive. There are also a couple races where you have to downgrade the Magnum Opus before you can do a mission which is equally puzzling.
- The story cutscenes that do exist are pointless and I didn't care about them.

Null Persp

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-29-21-22-37-ok1920.png

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-29-16-39-09.png

regawdless

Banned
That's an old ass rule. or will it break a site or something?

Every page in a thread has 50 posts. With a two pic limit, there are max 100 pics on one page. If you have five pics per post for everyone for example, every page will become a potential 250 high res pictures monster that will be a pain in the ass to load and scroll.

I think a two or three pics per post limit is fine and honestly prefer two pics per post. Makes people be more selective with the screenshots they post.

But that's up to the OP.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Every page in a thread has 50 posts. With a two pic limit, there are max 100 pics on one page. If you have five pics per post for everyone for example, every page will become a potential 250 high res pictures monster that will be a pain in the ass to load and scroll.

I think a two or three pics per post limit is fine and honestly prefer two pics per post. Makes people be more selective with the screenshots they post.

But that's up to the OP.
yeah but what ends up happening is someone will post 3 posts one after another to overcome the rule so it's just annoying probably

regawdless

Banned
yeah but what ends up happening is someone will post 3 posts one after another to overcome the rule so it's just annoying probably

Still less pics on one page for a better browsing experience. The consecutive post limit can of course be changed and discussed in my opinion. If it's 3 pictures per post and two consecutive posts allowed or 2 pics and 3 posts equals the same. But 5 pics and 3 posts would be too much for example.

What would be your suggestion?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Still less pics on one page for a better browsing experience. The consecutive post limit can of course be changed and discussed in my opinion. If it's 3 pictures per post and two consecutive posts allowed or 2 pics and 3 posts equals the same. But 5 pics and 3 posts would be too much for example.

What would be your suggestion?
2 pcs per post is reasonable as You say then.
Maybe if someone wants more posts in a pic, spoiler it ?

Mithos

Tomb Raider (2013)

-snip-

Tried to enable TressFX, got 4 FPS at 4k :messenger_tears_of_joy: . Crazy how they never fixed its performance on Nvidia GPUs, either through a patch or drivers. That's AMD's revenge for Phsyx I guess lol. It does look really good though, especially for a 2013 game. But to me the most interesting part is the newer games in comparison, which have as good or even better looking hair while also running a lot better on any GPU.

Are you sure you were actually running 4K?

Because I had this game running at 1080p ULTRA @ pretty much locked 60fps on my old PC.
Then when I got my new PC it should have easily run the game at the same settings @ 4k locked 60fps, but I only got 20-30fps.

So I took a look at my settings until I figured it out.
What I saw when actually looking more closely at my settings...

1080p, ULTRA @ 60fps was with 4x SSAA on.
2160p, ULTRA @ 60fps was obviously never going to happen since I also had 4x SSAA turned on.

Last edited:

Markie

Are you sure you were actually running 4K?

Because I had this game running at 1080p ULTRA @ pretty much locked 60fps on my old PC.
Then when I got my new PC it should have easily run the game at the same settings @ 4k locked 60fps, but I only got 20-30fps.

So I took a look at my settings until I figured it out.
What I saw when actually looking more closely at my settings...

1080p, ULTRA @ 60fps was with 4x SSAA on.
2160p, ULTRA @ 60fps was obviously never going to happen since I also had 4x SSAA turned on.
Yes I was, and I know about the SSAA.... I have a GTX 950.

Markie

Some of those captures are incredible, Cyberpunk 2077 is in my opinion the best looking game to date. It's crazy how so many screenshots look like bullshots or images taken from from some E3 or cinematic trailer, even without RT. If there's one aspect in this game that's a solid 10/10, it's the graphics. Gives RDR2 a run for its money. I think the TAA in CP 2077 is pretty good as well, now it's basically a necessity for some aspects of the rendering to work properly so it's not like we have a choice anyways, but at least it's definitely not as blurry as in some other games, you can still see fine grain detail like hair and vegetation and with some sharpening you wouldn't even tell it's TAA.

Last edited:
Top Bottom