• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Witcher 3 with mods

bEwXgeT.jpg

F7CjxmK.jpg

KOjAhwr.jpg

Dr.D00p

Love Titanfall 2...but EA, the utter money grabbing C##ts expect you to buy their games for a 2nd time if you want to have it on Steam!!

..and its a shame there isn't a way of turning the HUD off for screenshots whilst in actual gameplay.

Love Titanfall 2...but EA, the utter money grabbing C##ts expect you to buy their games for a 2nd time if you want to have it on Steam!!

..and its a shame there isn't a way of turning the HUD off for screenshots whilst in actual gameplay.

That's why I never owned the game on PC, just my grubby old Xbone. It was worth buying twice, but I wouldn't have bought the Steam version if I already bought it through Origin.

There probably is a way to disable HUD in the game somewhere, but I usually just grab shots using Chronolapse so these are all shots taken while I was playing, not set up shots. EDIT: T The Janitor has us covered

Last edited:
Anyone here use 1440p 144hz monitor? Does text look free of jagged edges and sharp? I just switched from a 4k60 to a 1440p 144hz and while gaming looks amazing, text looks more jagged than i like or am used to. Monitor i got is LG 27gn850. Do I need to do anything driver related when switching from 4k to 2k? Already made display setting adjustments and turned on cleartype.

Is there a major frame rate hit when using this?

I can't really tell for sure, but I imagine there is. I've installed a shit ton of mods. 4k reworked textures, better grass, better rocks, better fires, particles, draw distance... the list is huge. I can still run the game at 60FPS but that won't tell you much as I'm playing on RTX 2080Ti...

Last edited:

xPikYx

The majority of the framerate problems with the witcher 3 I encountered were from shadow resolution, that was a killer

Markie

The majority of the framerate problems with the witcher 3 I encountered were from shadow resolution, that was a killer

Yeah, you can actually go from 30 ish FPS to 60 ish on low end GPUs like the GTX 750 Ti (depending on resolution of course) just by turning Shadow Quality from Ultra to Low. I don't think many people knew that... Basically the two things that alone make the game demanding are Foliage Visibility Range and Shadow Quality. If you turn these down the game will run faster than you'd imagine on many GPUs.

Skyrim has a similar situation. Game maxed out on a GTX 750 Ti but shadows on high = easy 60 FPS, won't even hit 100% GPU usage. Turn shadows up from high to ultra = constant 100% GPU usage and drops to 45 ish FPS out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Anyone here use 1440p 144hz monitor? Does text look free of jagged edges and sharp? I just switched from a 4k60 to a 1440p 144hz and while gaming looks amazing, text looks more jagged than i like or am used to. Monitor i got is LG 27gn850. Do I need to do anything driver related when switching from 4k to 2k? Already made display setting adjustments and turned on cleartype.

I believe you will need to switch your eyes. I have the same problem. I game and browse internet on a 4K big-ass OLED TV and I do my programming work on 2k widescreen panel. Text is just not as sharp as on 4K and I couldn't adjust any settings to mitigate that. It just takes some getting used to. It's good enough for Visual Studio Code...

Wunray

Why keep spamming this thread with PS3 Final Fantasy, talk about the odd one out! :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It's the PC game I'm playing the most right now and if I remember correctly this is the PC screenshot thread, oh and if you hate these I have moved on to P4G.........

Dr.D00p

Yo sometimes.........I really wish Nintendo did come through with the powerful consoles.

..What's the incentive for them to spend the money on developing powerful consoles when people line up to throw money at them for low cost, high profit margin, POS hardware.

I believe you will need to switch your eyes. I have the same problem. I game and browse internet on a 4K big-ass OLED TV and I do my programming work on 2k widescreen panel. Text is just not as sharp as on 4K and I couldn't adjust any settings to mitigate that. It just takes some getting used to. It's good enough for Visual Studio Code...

Interestingly, a week later the text is starting to look much better. I downloaded monitor drivers and put windows scaling to 125 which helped alot. I decided to buy a 32in Dell 165hz 2K monitor which is coming in a few days. Interested to see if text looks better on that. one thing is certain though, playing with high frame 100+ with 2k makes games look way better even over 4K60.

Top Bottom