• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 NFL Regular Season - Week 4

greyshark

sn6cGFv.png

Week 4 is here! Picks to follow tomorrow - here's the Thursday game:

Packers over Eagles - Is the Packers defense for real? The Eagles are dealing with injuries to their WR core, but another dominant showing from the D will go a long way to cementing the revamped Packers defense as elite. I like the Packers to take this one in a low scoring affair.

Falcons over Titans - Slow starts for both teams which had playoff aspirations to begin the season. I think Atlanta starts to right the ship here with a win at home.
Giants over Redskins - The Redskins might be one of the worst teams in football, they look terrible on both sides of the ball. The Giants are energized behind their new QB, I'll take them in a close one.
Chargers over Dolphins - Easy win against the tanking Dolphins.
Colts over Raiders - Indianapolis keeps rolling at home.
Texans over Panthers - Houston looks really strong 4 weeks into the season, with some Drew Brees heroics being the only thing between them and a 3-0 record. I think this game will be close, but Houston's defense will be too much for Carolina.
Chiefs over Lions - Stafford is hurt but should play. Detroit can't keep up with the best team in football.
Ravens over Browns - I think Baltimore comes into this game with a chip on its shoulder. They've heard all the hype around the talented Browns and will be highly motivated to calm it even further. I like them in a game that comes down to the last possession.
Patriots over Bills - I think this is the highest spread I've ever seen between two 3-0 teams (7.5 points). NE owns the AFC East (especially Buffalo), this will be a comfortable victory.
Rams over Buccaneers - Heartbreaking loss for Tampa last week. I don't think they have the talent to keep up with LA.
Cardinals over Seahawks - I'm not sold on the Seahawks this year and the Cardinals have always given them some trouble. I'll take Arizona in an upset here.
Vikings over Bears - Chicago has key injuries on their DL which will make stopping Minnesota's run game a challenge. Trubisky will struggle mightily against a very good Vikings defense that has struggled some against the pass this season. This will be an ugly game that will likely be decided by a defensive play late vs. herioics from either QB.
Broncos over Jaguars - Denver's had a tough schedule to start the season and they draw another tough D in Jacksonville. I like them to get their first win at home.
Cowboys over Saints - This will be a good indicator for New Orleans on how much they can rely on Bridgewater while Brees is out. He'll have to be more than a game manager if they want to keep up with Dallas.
Steelers over Bengals - From the highs of the Sunday night NO-DAL game we have this terrible Monday night matchup. I guess I'll take Pittsburgh.

Last week: 13-3
Season: 33-15

Last edited:
went with packers in my pick em... -_-'

got me -1 pt in my fantasy league too. fml

as for the rest ive got:

falcons over titans
giants over skins
chargers over fins
colts over raiders
texans over panthers
cheifs over lions
ravens over browns
pats over bills
rams over buccs
seahawks over cards
wikings over bears
cowboys over saints
broncos over jags
steelers over bengals

as much as i could see bills upsetting pats, pats are firing on all cylinders rn. every aspect of their game is solid.

Last edited:

Ibara

Can my Broncos get our first win of the season again Minshew and the Jags? Going to go with no. I really thought we would be better than this Joe Flacco still has some gas in the tank and a beast of an arm.

Interesting matches this week. Hopefully the Bills put up a good fight against the Pats, KC vs Lions is a trap game, and I'm hoping Jones can continue without Saquon and crush the Skins.

Last edited:

womfalcs3

Banned
Shannon Sharpe: The Patriots are now "searching Sing Sing and Pelican Bay" for good players; when discussing that they don't have a moral compass.

Hilarious.

greyshark

Big matchup for the Bears this week - with their relentless schedule, one division loss already, and stacked division it's kind of a must win. Here's hoping the D can carry them against Minnesota like they did last season.

Drake

Can't wait to see my Bills get absolutely destroyed by the Patriots. There are so many clueless people in this town that it blows my mind. The Bills have beaten Brady once in the last 15 years and they somehow think this time will be different. The 3 teams we've beaten have all been terrible and they've barely beaten 2 of them. If the Bills can keep the patriots below 30 points then I consider that a win. My guess is a 35-10 victory for New England and you'l have so many idiot Bills fans around here be like "what happened!?!?!?"

Every host on the local sports radio station picked the Broncos to win, some are predicting a blowout win. Jacksonville might not be a great team right now, and we are at home, but I like to to by evidence. When have the Broncos proven they can beat anyone, let alone by two scores or more, this season?

We’ll see what happens......

Garrett Holds is gonna have his hands full (literally) against that d-line

greyshark

Only the Lions could have back to back drives inside the KC 10 yard line and end up with KC getting a defensive TD instead of any points.

fatty

Only the Lions could have back to back drives inside the KC 10 yard line and end up with KC getting a defensive TD instead of any points.

That sequence was crazy.

As a Chiefs fan, that catch by the Lions in the end zone I would have called it a TD but that was a fumble and the goal line.

greyshark

This 2nd half is crazy - is that the 4th fumble by the Lions/Chiefs?

I haven’t watched too much of KC this year but they’re giving up big chunks on the ground defensively.

greyshark

Dominant performance from Bears D - great division win that they badly needed. This has been a crazy week - Jaguars might have a star in their QB, Bucs dropped 50 on the Rams, the Browns made a statement against the Ravens, and the Chiefs barely escaped against an impressive Lions team. Game tonight looks good - hope it's as exciting as the afternoon has been!

bucyou

fun fact

christian mccaffrey - 37
saquon barkley - 10
todd gurley - 16

those are the rushing yards against the bucs in the last 3 weeks

sack barrett is playing towards DPOY and a fat payday

also, the bengals suck, cant even watch this battle of the winless

Manus

fun fact

christian mccaffrey - 37
saquon barkley - 10
todd gurley - 16

those are the rushing yards against the bucs in the last 3 weeks

sack barrett is playing towards DPOY and a fat payday

also, the bengals suck, cant even watch this battle of the winless

I'm always rooting for the Bucs because I'm a huge Bruce Arians fan. I think they can take the south.

Since no week 5 thread...I'll just use this one.

Ok. I'm convinced. The 49ers, when they don't turn the ball over are definitely a legitimate playoff team. With the exception of the bucs, and minus the sloppy play, the 49ers would have been the winner of 3 straight massive blowouts in a row instead of 2 of the last 3. 49ers could have easily ran up 60 on the Steelers. There's fluff in that 4-0 start, but goddamn the difference between this year and last year is staggeringly and shockingly huge.

The 49ers toyed with the browns like they were a D1 collegiate team. 31-3 was akin to a mercy killing.

4-0, awesome and surprising as it is, is the calm before the train of pain part of the schedule comes. Seattle twice, Rams twice, Packers, Saints, and Ravens? Good god thats a lot of fantastic teams to get through. A winning season could quickly turn into a long and painful path to scavenge an 8-8 season. I think they can beat any of those teams though. If they humiliate decent teams like the browns, fuck up endlessly and still win against the worst like the Steelers, then they have the capability to match and beat pretty much every team in the league. God help them if they catch russel wilson when he's throwing 30 yard dimes to receivers or days when Maholmes is mad. Those days would be very painful and bring the niners to their limits. Still. At least I get to enjoy a still undefeated 49ers team after 5 weeks into the season. Its a bit of nostalgia and pride that used to be the norm, but the past 20 years have mostly been shit.

Next 4 weeks is @Rams, Redskins, Panthers and Cardinals. The away game against the Rams is going to be a far harder game for them to win than the last 4. They should dominate the Skins, panthers and cardinals. If they play like they have been, those should all be easy 20+ point margins of victory...as long as regression doesn't strike.

Edit: I do believe some chaps from Cumberland may have snuck in and imitated the browns. They have 222 good reasons to do it and 0 reasons to not do it. This game may be rendered null and void.

Georgia Tech Beat Cumberland College 222-0 in 1916.

Last edited:

womfalcs3

Banned
James Harrison on Tom Brady success against the Steelers: "At first I thought he was cheating. Ain't gonna lie to you. He might've did."... "They hit us on 86% of our blitzes." "How do you do that?".... "You can't even do that on Tecmo Bowl when you only have 4 players."

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

demigod

What happened to the NFL threads.

Anyways i think Garrett going to get fired after today’s game. Dude has always been a shitty OC and headcoach.

greyshark

Anyways i think Garrett going to get fired after today’s game. Dude has always been a shitty OC and headcoach.

In hindsight I should have just made the first one the regular season thread - none of the other threads I made got much past the first page. We could make a new one for the rest of the season maybe?

Pallas

That’s actually funny since Jerry Jones said he was sticking with him for the rest of the season. I’d love to see him go back on his word.

Pallas

Ultimately he could change his mind but really he(Jerry Jones) is the main culprit holding that franchise back.

drganon

Lions continuing the tradition of both disappointing people on Thanksgiving and coaches formerly under belichick not doing so hot.

Pallas

Lions continuing the tradition of both disappointing people on Thanksgiving and coaches formerly under belichick not doing so hot.

They’er so-so if you count former players too, HC’s Of Texans and Titans aren’t doing so bad.

Pallas

Someone should tell him there's only 4 games left.

Well it helps that they are in arguably the worst division this year in the NFC east, Cowboys are still leading that division. So there’s still a chance they will be the 4th seed.

demigod

Ravens might be AFC #1 seed. I think the Saints will end up at #1 in the NFC.

Can’t believe the Eagles lost to the Dolphins. Should never had let Foles go.

Pallas

Ravens might be AFC #1 seed. I think the Saints will end up at #1 in the NFC.

Can’t believe the Eagles lost to the Dolphins. Should never had let Foles go.

Ravens probably are since they should own the tie breaker against New England.

I think the 49ers would probably edge out the Saints, since only one of their loses comes against an NFC opponent(divisional rival no less) and Saints both loses come against NFC opponents(also a divisional loss) of course that can all change since they face each other next week.

womfalcs3

Banned
I think Lamar's greatness will last a few years max. He can't sustain his running abilities for the long-run. And if he doesn't run, defenses are going to have an easier time with him, even if he has become a good passer.

demigod

Goodjob Jerry for sticking it with Garrett, chances of them getting into playoffs now are slim to none.

Should’ve kept Beasley.

GreatnessRD

I didn't know we had a football thread! How is this not jumping? Neogaf trippin' !

And its good to see Beastmode returning to the Hawks. Makes the playoff run a lot more interesting now. Wonder how long its gonna take him to get back into football ready shape, though? And how about those Ravens! Draggin' their nuts on those sucka ass Browns. LOVE TO SEE IT!

Last edited:
Top Bottom