• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 NFL Regular Season - Week 1

greyshark

It’s a safe opinion. Dude just hung 378/3TDs/0INTs on one of the best defenses in the NFL.

He can absolutely surpass 2018.

I mean it’s only ever been done 3 times in the history of the NFL (50 TD passes). Of course it’s possible, but saying it’s likely he doesn’t match that seems more probable to me.

tom brady throwing some nice clean passes

there you go, touchdown

patriots aren't breaking a sweat this game

steelers are being too ballsy with them deep passes

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
Patriots are winning this with ease, couple of bad throws from roethlisberger too.

Last edited:

ESPOMAN

The 49ers game was interesting their defense looked really good. I don't know how much of that was just because the Bucs offense is really bad so we will have to wait and see on that one. But the offense was not too hot. Jimmy missed a few throws but we'll see how that goes. The Packers game (I know that was Thursday) was pretty much the same as the 49ers. Good defense. Pretty bad offense. Granted, the Packers were going against a better defense.

Patriots are winning this with ease, couple of bad throws from roethlisberger too.
i kept paying attention to ben roth.'s face whenever they showed it and the dude seems fucken dazed

hopefully he comes to his senses during half time and gets his shit together

dude was either throwing hail mary style chucks or doing running plays when he should try to focus on shorter sneakier passes

if they keep going the way they were the first half they are fucken doomed

OKAY, FINALLY a successful deep pass but that could have easily gone bad, that was like a 50/50 success

Last edited:
randy-marsh-cum.jpg

that touchdown throw flew so gracefully like a blazing phoenix over a clear blue sky

AND ANOTHER GORGEOUS DEEP PASS

TOM BRADY IS BEAUTIFUL

it seems he and his receivers are really able to read each other well

Last edited:

greyshark

The Patriots are embarrassing the Steelers - for the rest of the league’s sake let’s hope the Steelers are just terrible this year.

Texas Pride

Banned
My Titans brought the Browns hype train to a halt today.

Kyler Murray looked skittish in the first half and settled down to lead in the second half. Few interesting things happened today most went as I predicted 11-13 picks right this week thanks to Buffalo over performance and the Lions under performance.

Last edited:

Kyler Murray looked skittish in the first half and settled down to lead in the second half. Few interesting things happened today most went as I predicted 11-13 picks right this week thanks to Buffalo over performance and the Lions under performance.

Is Mariota the real deal this year or no?

Also Derrick Henry is the best NFL player nobody talks about.

Texas Pride

Banned

He's legit when he plays and has a label of injury prone but I think he is if given stability. He had 4 offensive coordinators and multiple head coaches on top of his own misfortune since he was drafted. He's in a contract year and I shudder to think of paying him 30+million a year after this one. Henry has had issues being consistent but the talent is there. I'm not gonna get overhyped for one game bcs they beat good teams last year and flopped vs the bad ones so we'll see.

Didn't watch the Browns-Titans game, but from what I saw of the highlights, it seems like it was pretty even for a while and then in the 4th, everything went to hell in a handbasket for the Browns with a series of atrocious drives that all resulted in TEN scores. Did it feel that way, or did the game always feel like the Browns were struggling to live up to the preseason hype?

Texas Pride

Banned
I personally think it was closer than it should've been until the Titans broke it open. Our starting LT who is also the highest paid LT is suspended for violating the substance abuse policy. Miles Garrett should've wore the backup out and put Mariota out of the game but didn't. Browns have talent on paper but it takes more than that to win vs good teams. Titans were road dogs and nobody I knew picked em but me.

I personally think it was closer than it should've been until the Titans broke it open. Our starting LT who is also the highest paid LT is suspended for violating the substance abuse policy. Miles Garrett should've wore the backup out and put Mariota out of the game but didn't. Browns have talent on paper but it takes more than that to win vs good teams. Titans were road dogs and nobody I knew picked em but me.

I see. Yeah, with Lewan missing, I thought the Browns D would be all over Mariota (and they did get to him a few times, tbf), but it seems like they self-destructed.

Still, it's one week, so who knows what this new and improved Browns team can do. And everybody forgets about the Titans, but they've got a solid team. Not SB contender level, but dangerous enough to whip you if you go in thinking "eh, it's the Titans."

Also, that rookie WR for the Titans (Hollywood Brown? I know it's Brown, but don't know the first name) looks absolutely HUGE physically.

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned
I see. Yeah, with Lewan missing, I thought the Browns D would be all over Mariota (and they did get to him a few times, tbf), but it seems like they self-destructed.

Still, it's one week, so who knows what this new and improved Browns team can do. And everybody forgets about the Titans, but they've got a solid team. Not SB contender level, but dangerous enough to whip you if you go in thinking "eh, it's the Titans."

Until they prove to be consistent they're hard to take seriously. That's harsh but it's true.

Today we witnessed the prolonged success of the greatest of all time, like we take for granted what it takes to dominate a sport that competitive for so long. It's been a good near 20 year run at this point and we're all lucky to get so many demonstrations of grit, sportsmanship, talent and above all else preparation. Just what it takes to deliver week after week. Offense, defense, just everything.

So congratulations Rafael Nadal for winning the US Open. What a legend. The Patriots are cheaters and Brady let his tight-ends inseminate his wife.

Pallas

Gold Member

Oh another Titans fan? Yay

If he can stay healthy, that’s his main problem. He hasn’t played a full season yet. That and can he be consistent? He can really stink it up sometimes, but honestly the O Line and having the gazillionth offensive coordinator had a lot to do with his ailments too but having Walker back should help tremendously. He’s pretty much his favorite, dependable target.

Yeah Henry is great, I always thought he was a steal in the draft during the second round.

Last edited:
49ers get 4 turnovers, two td's from them, and won. Wish they could do this last year.

Also ha ha holy fuck at the ravens-dolphins. DAT 59 POINTS. My Mother is a dolphins fan ranging back to the Larry Csonka days and their perfect season. She was raging at them at first. When it got real bad, she called em D-3 third stringers. She booed every time Fitz-craptrick took the field. I was sleeping cause i have to work tonight, but it was worth it to hear all that.

Interesting first week so far. Bad for my bears but I was expecting a regression from last season. Still not convinced by Mitch and nothing he did Friday changes that.

Patriots and the Ravens looked really good.

Felt a bit sorry for Foles his career really is a series of ups and downs.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
Today we witnessed the prolonged success of the greatest of all time, like we take for granted what it takes to dominate a sport that competitive for so long. It's been a good near 20 year run at this point and we're all lucky to get so many demonstrations of grit, sportsmanship, talent and above all else preparation. Just what it takes to deliver week after week. Offense, defense, just everything.

So congratulations Rafael Nadal for winning the US Open. What a legend. The Patriots are cheaters and Brady let his tight-ends inseminate his wife.

tPUc7Ns.jpg

greyshark

Any (decent) team can beat the Patriots - the difference between them and everyone else in the league is they put themselves in position for a title every year with their guaranteed 10-14 wins. It's helped that their division has struggled to compete, and when you go to 8 straight conference championships the defeats are forgotten because they win so much. Any of their conf. title or SB losses would be considered heartbreaking if it was their only chance in 20-30 years, but for the Patriots it's just another year. Their consistency in an ever changing league is unprecedented, and there's nothing you can do but tip your cap (and quietly seeth in jealous rage).

A lot of people around town very confident in the Broncos tonight

We haven't won in Oakland since Peyton was our QB. I think we are a better team than Oakland but that doesn't necessarily mean we get the W tonight. I can't help but feel worried. I do like our coaching staff this year, think we made some big improvements there especially with Munchak coaching our o-line

Bradley Chubb has looked absolutely in camp and in pre-season, I think he is gonna wreak some havoc this year

Last edited:

Manus

Yeah that Saints Texans game was the best all weekend.

Hate that for Watson they couldn't pull it off.

Pallas

Gold Member
By the way, hate what happened to Foles(wouldn’t wish that shit on any player tbh) but I saw this meme and since Jags are rivals to my team..

xrlfBTs.jpg

TheZink

By the way, hate what happened to Foles(wouldn’t wish that shit on any player tbh) but I saw this meme and since Jags are rivals to my team..

xrlfBTs.jpg
As a jags fan this was totally worth it. 😌 we are so used to being disappointed by this team this is just par for the course.

if the browns cant put together a W over the darnoldless jets... I just dont think theyve truly got what it takes to go anywhere near a .500 season

Panthers better take care of business tonight or it may be a long season. Bucs may not be very good, but they usually play us close.

womfalcs3

Banned
This should be a thread for the whole season, rather than week 1.

Does anybody else feel agitated by the use of the full name of "JuJu Smith-Schuster" by TV pundits? Just say JuJu.

Top Bottom