• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 NFL Regular Season - Week 1

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
So Tyreek Hill based on the NFL'
Fckin AB!

Pats gonna sign him

While I wouldn't rule anything out, With New England being one of the only locker rooms in the league that would be able to handle his personality I don't see Belichek putting up the kind of money AB wants guarenteed. He ain't coming here unless all other options have exhausted themselves and he is willing to sign an incentive heavy contract.

greyshark

So Tyreek Hill based on the NFL'

While I wouldn't rule anything out, With New England being one of the only locker rooms in the league that would be able to handle his personality I don't see Belichek putting up the kind of money AB wants guarenteed. He ain't coming here unless all other options have exhausted themselves and he is willing to sign an incentive heavy contract.

Isn’t that where we’re at now? He’s poison to the league, he’s got to prove himself again before getting a ton of guaranteed cash.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
Isn’t that where we’re at now? He’s poison to the league, he’s got to prove himself again before getting a ton of guaranteed cash.

He's 31 and looking for that last bit guarenteed money and he sees what OBJ and julio jones is getting and he thinks he should be paid accordingly and if he wasn't an asshat he would be right. It is going go take some convincing to try to get him to sign a 1 year pay to play contract in NE just to try and up his value and ry to get that guarentee at 32 years old next year.

Besides I still think there may be a team somewhere that thinks They can change him and will pay him more than Belichik but we will see. I

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I think Browns can do better than the wild card, if you have to put up some crazyness from AB I think it's worth it, Patriots are still trouble, Tyreek and the Chiefs are going deep into the playoffs.

bucyou

its quite spectacular AB took 30 million guaranteed and turned it into a quarter million dollar loss (in fines)

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I know this could all go very wrong in all sorts of ways and the patriots offense now rests in the hands of a recovering addict, a self centered malcontent and former pro bowler recovering from torn Achilles, But, and it's a big but, if all are healthy and focused you could line up with Gordon, Brown, Thomas, Edelman with White and Michel in the backfield. That's a murderer's row if there ever was one.

So, Andrew Luck just retired and Antonio Brown is a Patriot. Yeah, fuck this shit, when does the NBA start?

Football is fucking stupid anyway, you don't even play with your feet.

Last edited:
Man, if AB decided to sabotage the Raiders because he KNEW that he'd get picked up by the Patriots if released, that's both incredibly evil genius and professional malpractice.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
Man, if AB decided to sabotage the Raiders because he KNEW that he'd get picked up by the Patriots if released, that's both incredibly evil genius and professional malpractice.

I don't think that was his intent from the beginning but after the second fine and adjustment to the terms to his contract Friday night when he hadcalready apologised to his team and spoke to the media I'm sure he had Rosenhaus make a few hypothetical calls around the league to see if anyone would be interested and once he had that info just asked for his outright release. Still kinda shady though

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web

I think he knew exactly where he was going to end up.

I think Oakland should fuck this up for the Pats. When AB leaked that phone call with Gruden, he broke the law, as Cali is a 2 party consent state.
Could definitely get money out of AB, jeep him stressed over a trial, could get the league to suspend him, and maybe even have him prosecuted.

But, they won't do shit. Still excited for the season. G Men!!!

mid83

I have to admit this whole AB deal looks pretty shady. I'm not saying this was the plan from the beginning, but you can't convince me not to believe that that at some point, AB knew exactly what he was doing and where he would end up once he finally got the Raiders to cut him. There isn't any other explanation for all of his antics other than the CTE/crazy angle people have been taking.

I don't blame the Pats for picking him up. They are an outright dynasty, and they provide some damn good incentives for troubled but talented guys like AB and Josh Gordon to shape up (shape up and you get about the best chance in the league to win a Super Bowl).

With that said, I don't really like the precedent all of this stuff is setting. The outright collusion you are seeing in NBA free agency and now this sort of manipulation in the AB fiasco really isn't really great for either sport.

Pallas

Kyler Murray isn’t ready yet, they really should have tried to sign a decent veteran during free agency period, so that he could sit and watch.

Witten accepted his fate and shaved it all off
:messenger_grinning_squinting: :messenger_grinning_squinting:

He actually looks good bald though.

I dunno if the Giants defense is that bad or if the Cowboys offense is that good. Cobb has been making plays tho

Jeff Heath nearly decapitated Vander Esch on that last defensive series. :messenger_hushed::messenger_hushed:

It's so weird seeing the Cowboys get praise for their drafting and team building.

greyshark

Classic Lions meltdown - still have a shot in OT, but they’re on the road with all the momentum against them now.

Kyler Murray on the field looks like one of those Disney movies where a little kid is playing on a professional sports team.
dead.png

watching the Lions in OT and on the crawl it said that Fitzpatrick is the first QB to throw a TD for 8 different teams lmao. :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

greyshark

MaHoMeS wIlL rEgEsS yOu GuYs ThE lEaGuE hAs TaPe NaOw

Lol

Great start for Mahomes, but expecting a regression from throwing 50 TD passes is not exactly a controversial opinion. The Chiefs are still the consensus SB favs even with a potential Mahomes regression.

Otterz4Life

Great start for Mahomes, but expecting a regression from throwing 50 TD passes is not exactly a controversial opinion. The Chiefs are still the consensus SB favs even with a potential Mahomes regression.
It’s a safe opinion. Dude just hung 378/3TDs/0INTs on one of the best defenses in the NFL.

He can absolutely surpass 2018.

best fucken sports season

i dont understand sports politics one bit though

like that kornheiser shit, not one bit

maybe i will some day

watching pats vs steelers right now

dionysus

Yaldog
I am going to use Brown's predictions by the media as a new litmus test on who is a an idiot not worth listening too. Eliminates about 75% of the sports talk radio I get.

Top Bottom