• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 NFL Draft

Texas Pride

Banned
Most pro ready WR in AJ Brown. Doesn't have the flash Hollywood does but overall a better WR prospect. Wanted Irv Smith there but the Vikings left us no choice.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Whew! What a second round! I'm not going to be updating the OT with the 3rd round as that's way too fast. I'm also trying to multitask at the moment. I bought P90X3 and I'm figuring out how to rip it to my PC so I don't destroy the dvds. It's unbelievable how much copy protection they put on those damned things but I figured it out and it's smooth sailing now. Bonus is I get to get rid of all the extraneous bullshit that they package in on disc.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
So how did the second round treat you all?

I'm pretty stoked about Risner being drafted to the Broncos. Morning radio guys here in Denver leading up to the draft had started calling him "The Cooler" and they really wanted the Broncos to draft him.

Not sure about Drew Lock. I think if they sit him and have him learn behind Flacco for a couple years, he could be what we're looking for. But you never know. The Broncos subreddit is already annoying as fuck. Those same people were clamoring for Chad Kelly to be the starter before he went and got extremely messed up and entered/tresspassed into a strangers house.

greyshark

Bears trading away their 5th this year and 4th rounder next year to swap 4ths - they must really like the guy they’re going to pick. David Montgomery?

Last edited:

greyshark

Ok after reading 2 minutes of analysis on him I am clearly an expert but this guy seems like a Jordan Howard clone - if that’s all we wanted I’d like to think they could have gotten that later, or at the very least not traded up for him.

Those Bills fans look like paid actors.
mjlol.png

Texas Pride

Banned
Titans didn't get desperate and took what they were given. Happy with 3 good starters at 3 picks. Simmons & AJ Brown should be great in 2 years.

Last edited:

greyshark

Draft is over - what do you guys think overall? For the Bears I’m surprised they didn’t draft a safety. They signed Clinton-Dix on a one year “prove-it” deal but likely won’t be able to afford to extend him if he plays well. And if he doesn’t play well wouldn’t it have been nice to have his replacement already on hand?

Don’t mind their other picks, but the Bears weren’t really drafting for any needs this year (can’t remember the last time they were in that spot).

Draft is over - what do you guys think overall? For the Bears I’m surprised they didn’t draft a safety. They signed Clinton-Dix on a one year “prove-it” deal but likely won’t be able to afford to extend him if he plays well. And if he doesn’t play well wouldn’t it have been nice to have his replacement already on hand?

Don’t mind their other picks, but the Bears weren’t really drafting for any needs this year (can’t remember the last time they were in that spot).

Overall I am pleased.

I think Fant is a Day One Difference Maker.

I think Rizner is a starter Day One at either guard or tack;e. Probably guard unless they ask Bolles to move inside.

I hate the Lock pick. We could have drafted a starting center or a CB there (Greedy Williams). We have so many holes and we lost picks to trade up for a QB that I feel will be another Elway QB Bust.

The DT we got from Ohio State in the third round, he looks explosive as hell. He looks good. Could be a sleeper.

I thought we were gonna take Devin Bush at 10 because Fangio loves athletic LBs and turns them into stars.

Bengals. Jonah Williams was a good value pick at a position of need, although I hope he doesn't follow the path of two high-drafted OLinemen who didn't pan out (Ogbuehi, Fisher).

Sample isn't as bad of a pick as people think, but not a fan of it. While Eifert is a walking emergency ward, Uzomah can handle spot duty fine--think the 2nd rounder could have been spent better.

Pratt looks like he can be something that the Bengals have not had for a long time--a LB who can cover. A good pick for a needy position.

Finley is a dice roll for the oncoming end of the Dalton era. 4th round is enough that Dalton won't feel threatened by it, and we've seen low-round QBs make themselves into something......although the reports I'm seeing have Finley as a QB very similar to Dalton, so who knows.

The later picks weren't bad, so I'd say I'm relatively pleased with what the Bengals FO did. I have a sleeper hope on Finley, but that's probably a pipe dream.

AaronB

Brett Kollman's division-by-division analysis of each teams' draft class is finished. He's my favorite football analyst; really amazing stuff.

Top Bottom