• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 cm spider makes the largest web in the world (w/ video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

GasProblem said:
Is that a spiderweb or something caterpillars leave behind?
Looks more like caterpillars. I mean, those webs are pretty badly placed when you want to catch some flying bugs.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Kraftwerk said:
f1bqls.jpg
can't help but smile at this pic :) so cute <3

Raist

Banned
Kinyou said:
Looks more like caterpillars. I mean, those webs are pretty badly placed when you want to catch some flying bugs.

Seen these in south america, it's definitely spider webs. Made by colonies of thousands of teeny tiny spiders.

Or maybe Shelob

Risible

Davedough said:

LOL. This is exactly how I imagine spiders, actually. I never kill them in my house, I think of them as my little bug assassins. They just chill and whack any other bug that dares to intrude on our domain.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Risible said:
LOL. This is exactly how I imagine spiders, actually. I never kill them in my house, I think of them as my little bug assassins. They just chill and whack any other bug that dares to intrude on our domain.

Kindness to spiders always pays off.

rage-comics-spider-bro.jpg

FOOTE said:
Same, I was kind of mesmerized by it.

Edit- What the fuck is happening here?

Edit 2- Wow, I didn't know that spiders can shed. *shudder*
Yup, spider's molt. They have to shed their exoskeletons as they get older and bigger. they tend to be soft and squishy when they've just emerged from their old carapace - it takes them a day or two to really harden up again.

I have a pet tarantula. I find spiders delightful. =)

Bufbaf said:
can't help but smile at this pic :) so cute <3
Glad to hear that. She's a good mamma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom