• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1998 - What's Inside the Playstation?

that was fun

i sometimes think about how ps5 and xsx are possibly going to match PC games, there's some serious sleight of hand going on under Those hoods, fa shaw~

Mr Sky

GOD DAMN this video hasn't aged well at all, it's still cool to see how things were perceived back then. That classic 90's mentality of COOL RADICAL DUDE and COMPUTERS ARE LAME AND NERDY. PS1 has always been my favorite system and it still is, but WHY in the world did they use Blasto!?

Mr Sky

that was fun

i sometimes think about how ps5 and xsx are possibly going to match PC games, there's some serious sleight of hand going on under Those hoods, fa shaw~
Consoles are definitely stepping up their game in terms of specs, but they're still very far behind what PC's are capable of. For instance, consoles are only NOW just going to start using SSD's for storage in the next generation. SSD's have been around for a good time and have been used by PC gamers for years. Consoles upgrade at a much slower speed than PC's ever will.

Last edited:
I never cared about the tech. All that mattered to me was that I could play a great version of Doom (I was playing it on the SNES up until that point) and Tekken 2 absolutely blew me away when I first saw it. PS1 was so good.

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned
Consoles are definitely stepping up their game in terms of specs, but they're still very far behind what PC's are capable of. For instance, consoles are only NOW just going to start using SSD's for storage in the next generation. SSD's have been around for a good time and have been used by PC gamers for years. Consoles upgrade at a much slower speed than PC's ever will.

Its not about using SSD only. There is nothing on PC space that remove and utilize SSD the way PS5 and to a lesser extent XSX does. Its about removing the bottlenecks and optimizing your hardware two areas PC has always struggled with.

PC is usually using an extremely powerful hardware to bruteforce underoptimized code.

Last edited:

scalman

Best most exciting era of gaming of all times. When all those best games series started? Yes on ps1. Some never got pass that much like vagrant story or parasite eve , some others. It was so much new games like every month back then, allways something new to play. Nowadays its just sad times to waiting years for good new game

Top Bottom