• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

16 Personalities, Which are you? (You Won't Believe Post #17!)

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Famous famous people who are also this personality type include JRR Tolkien, William Shakespeare, and Johnny Depp.
wyaRfCt.jpg

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
INTJ-T

Found out a couple years ago and am into it. I even managed to accurately guess a couple people who took the test. Reading people is a fun hobby, for me.

It makes sense to and even helps me figure things out. Glad these studies exist.

Are you a magician

Edit jk

I do too like to do that on an intuitive level. Can easily sync with someones level of intelligence and or sense of humor for example. Makes it easy to put on the charms when you can read people like *click

It's 50/50 tho due to autisme when I take stuff literally. And process time etc.

I'm more empathic than I think I am. To much even such to manipulate a convo in real time to steer it's subject away because I sense minute discomfort

I guess

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Marcus Aurelius is one of my favourite figures from history. Not only because I love history and he was one of Rome's greatest leaders, but also his philosophical writings gave me a passion for philosophy.

Shame we don't share the same personality type in full, but we would have been close enough to have some deep, philosophical conversations about the world.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Marcus Aurelius is one of my favourite figures from history. Not only because I love history and he was one of Rome's greatest leaders, but also his philosophical writings gave me a passion for philosophy.

Shame we don't share the same personality type in full, but we would have been close enough to have some deep, philosophical conversations about the world.

That and I didn't finish highschool. Decided to experience a different kind of school when I reincarnated.

Saying we can't have philosophical discussions based on the outcome of an online test is pretty stupid as well don't you agree?

Ps I'm tired, heading to bed, apologies I misinterpreted you.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That and I didn't finish highschool. Decided to experience a different kind of school when I reincarnated.

Saying we can't have philosophical discussions based on the outcome of an online test is pretty stupid as well don't you agree?

Ps I'm tired, heading to bed, apologies I misinterpreted you.

Agreed. Philosophy is for everyone. I don't take these tests as gospel and nobody else should either.

No apologies needed either.

Saber

Gold Member
It says I'm an adventurer ISFP-A/ ISFP-T. Dunno if I agree with this, but ok. Examples for me includes Eowyn from LoR.

Mossybrew

I mean this whole type of personality test has been debunked for a while, but it's kind of like astrology, if it's fun for you to label yourself this way, have at it.

Last edited:

Outlier

Are you a magician

Edit jk

I do too like to do that on an intuitive level. Can easily sync with someones level of intelligence and or sense of humor for example. Makes it easy to put on the charms when you can read people like *click

It's 50/50 tho due to autisme when I take stuff literally. And process time etc.

I'm more empathic than I think I am. To much even such to manipulate a convo in real time to steer it's subject away because I sense minute discomfort

I guess
Funny you mention magician.
A few years back at work a few of the coworkers were chatting about dungeons and dragons and what race they'd be. One said that I would be a dark elf. I thought about it for a second and I completely agreed, at least based on my limited understanding of dark elf characteristics. I was shocked by his perception, as we didn't talk very much. I figured he's an INFP, but didn't find out as he was let go for frequently avoiding work.

One the INTJ weaknesses is trying to direct conversations, instead of letting them flow naturally. I am very guilty of this.

lachesis

It's kinda interesting that how many INT* or IN*J types are on the board. They are supposedly more rarer types, but I see they are the majority so far.
Perhaps it's the nature of message boards that attracts the IN** types.

Then again, it's the labor day weekend - so all the Extroverts are out having parties, I guess...

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Agreed. Philosophy is for everyone. I don't take these tests as gospel and nobody else should either.

No apologies needed either.

At it's core yes you're right. But...

Okay so I have friend who got his masters in philosophy (almost drove him insane he told me once) and when we hung out and started having conversations it always went very natural regarding certain concepts (sorry I'm trying my best to explain this) so there was a natural flow and connection between us because of that.

But..... I felt, ofcourse, always stupid compared to him seeing he's studying and having all these pieces of information and references to famous philosophers.

I will say he is very "academically smart" if that makes sense. Whilst myself have really no school smarts at all.

So while yes, we can have conversations but the difference in.. how do i put this; "knowledge framework" puts severe limits on how far you can go.

And in our case there's also the language barrier which makes talking about complex concepts very difficult

Anyways just wanted to say this

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
My results. Extremely accurate to the point of it being almost eerie lol

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:

Personality type: Adventurer (ISFP-T)
Traits: Introverted – 89%, Observant – 55%, Feeling – 66%, Prospecting – 75%, Turbulent – 97%
Role: Explorer
Strategy: Constant Improvement

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
One the INTJ weaknesses is trying to direct conversations, instead of letting them flow naturally. I am very guilty of this.

Is it a weakness though? I can see why you say this but the ability to intuitively steer a conversation in certain contexts could be considered a strength for lack of a better word.

I have personal experience with real time manipulating conversations as so people wouldn't get the chance to ask certain questions about me. To protect myself. Is that weakness? Yes because I let shame take over and no because it protected me. It's muddy and a matter of context and perspective in think.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm not going to run through this kind of test again, no shade, but I always slightly land in the more feeling, intuitive, and compassionate camps, though oddly still highly self confident and inquisitive.

That probably paints a chaotic picture of me internally, but I feel good knowing that I tend to care more for the benefit of others than myself.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Essentially if you have Autism you come out with Logician

When I first joined my current job we had a few months of classroom training and we took this test, I got Debator back then, after 7 years I guess my outlook has changed a bit.
prByBfw.jpg

Look at you guys and your casual 70% Introverted scores.

Last edited:

Jaybe

I’ve done MBTI a few times, always ENTP. Some places call it the Innovator but this site Haines Debater.

qIS7B6v.jpg

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I got mediator but I feel like I never know how to answer these questions so leave most at neutral

Reading the descriptions, Virtuoso best describes me IMO

Outlier

I'm not going to run through this kind of test again, no shade, but I always slightly land in the more feeling, intuitive, and compassionate camps, though oddly still highly self confident and inquisitive.

That probably paints a chaotic picture of me internally, but I feel good knowing that I tend to care more for the benefit of others than myself.
I'm going to guess either ENFJ or INFJ. :^)

INTJ-T

I did a few of those tests several times, once also with the help of my wife and friends. I even tried to cheat the system a bit, then found an article where it said that the INTJ would try exactly that. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
Pretty close to spot on most days. Only trouble is I can wake up with a different mindset and attitude day to day. Also I shapeshift to fill a missing role e.g. a group needs a leader I step up, or a group is without compassion I'll be the devil's advocate etc. I generally just morph into what is needed to make things fun or go smoothly. I don't care if I'm in the background or the one on the soapbox. The part about being overly empathetic hit the nail on the head, a lesson I had to learn with a complicated best mate in years gone by, had to leave him to his own demons eventually. An empath will just take everything they want to dish out and make themselves miserable in the process.

fZq0eSC.png

Strengths & Weaknesses​

Protagonist (ENFJ) Strengths​

• Receptive – Protagonists have strong opinions, but they’re far from closed-minded. They recognize the importance of allowing others to express themselves fully. Even when Protagonists don’t agree with someone, they recognize that person’s right to voice their truth.
  • Reliable – Few things bother Protagonists more than the prospect of letting down a person or cause that they believe in. People with this personality type can be counted on to see their promises and responsibilities through – even when it’s difficult to do so.
  • Passionate – Protagonists are far from being boring do-gooders. These types brim with interests, and they take great pleasure in pursuing their hobbies – whether that’s hiking, cooking, dancing, growing houseplants, or something else entirely. As a result, they rarely find themselves at a loss for something interesting to do.
  • Altruistic – These personalities are known for harboring a deep desire to be a force for positive change. Protagonists genuinely believe that if they bring people together, they can do a world of good.
  • Charismatic – Determined and inspiring, Protagonists often find their way into leadership roles. Whether they’re captain of their softball team or a leader on the world stage, they rarely lose sight of their main goal: to be of service to others.

Protagonist (ENFJ) Weaknesses​

• Unrealistic – Many Protagonists put pressure on themselves to right every wrong that they encounter. But no matter how hard these personalities strive, it just isn’t realistic for them to solve all of the world’s problems. If they aren’t careful, they can spread themselves too thin – and be left unable to help anyone.
  • Overly Idealistic – Protagonists tend to have clear ideas about what’s right and what’s wrong. They often think that everyone shares these fundamental principles – or, at least, that everyone should share these principles. So it can come as a genuine shock to Protagonists when people violate their core values, such as truth or justice.
  • Condescending – People with this personality type enjoy teaching others, particularly about the causes and beliefs that matter so much to them. But, at times, Protagonists’ attempts to “enlighten” others may come across as patronizing – not the most effective strategy for persuading other people, unfortunately.
  • Intense – When it comes to self-improvement, Protagonists are rarely short on energy or determination. But they may not recognize that not everyone shares these qualities. At times, Protagonists may push others to make changes that they aren’t ready for – or simply aren’t interested in making in the first place.
  • Overly Empathetic – Compassion is among this personality type’s greatest strengths. But Protagonists have a tendency to take on other people’s problems as their own – a habit that can leave them emotionally and physically exhausted.

Top Bottom