• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 Things you never knew about the Super Nintendo

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I haven't thought about PowerFest '94 for a long time. I remember going to one of the events - I even wore the T-shirt and hat I won at the event all the way through college!

SeraphJan

This and GameCube are two of my favorite console

SFC not only is the king of JRPG, but it also had many great arcade ports, especially from Capcom (Captain Commando, Knight of the Round, King of Dragon)

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
Weird list; it‘s mostly about games instead of the system itself. One of the most fascinating facts about the SNES has to be that its soundchip was designed by none other than Ken Kutaragi, who apparently got into trouble for that with his superiors at Sony.

In some respects the SNES was the forefather of the Playstation...had it not been for the Super CD falling through...we may never have got Sony going full on in, into the hardware scene like they did with the Playstation..
And i bet Microsoft wouldn’t have entered the race either, with no Playstation they felt they had to compete with. Today, we could have powerful Nintendo and Sega consoles, with Sega being the choice for more mature games

TLZ

Banned
In some respects the SNES was the forefather of the Playstation...had it not been for the Super CD falling through...we may never have got Sony going full on in, into the hardware scene like they did with the Playstation..
Yes. That's why for me the PlayStation has been the true successor to NES and SNES since. All Nintendo consoles since weren't the same.

RAIDEN1

Yes. That's why for me the PlayStation has been the true successor to NES and SNES since. All Nintendo consoles since weren't the same.
Well the Switch hasn't been doing too badly compared to the behemoths that are the PS5 and Xbox series X

TLZ

Banned
Well the Switch hasn't been doing too badly compared to the behemoths that are the PS5 and Xbox series X
Yeah the Switch went back to form kinda. Still not 100%, but much better.

And I'm not talking sales btw, just the type of games.

Top Bottom