• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 Films to See in May (what are you watching?)

overcast

Twin Peaks month honestly.

Alien Covenant I guess.. uh Guardians and Pirates on a cheap day.
Manifesto maybe and absolutely Berlin Syndrome.

Keep it up Expendable. These lists are always appreciated and I've found a number of great movies from them. Feelings getting caught over blockbusters missing on these lists is hilarious.

TheFlow

Banned
]Bunch of whiny dorks in this thread[/B]. Thanks for the thread bruv.

And alien is a blockbuster you fools

Most excited to see war machine. Will check out the wall (for John Cena and Doug Liman), guardians 2, pirates and alien despite the trainwreck Im kinda expecting for covenant. I'm just hoping it ends up being more of a slasher film and doesn't focus much on the crap mythology.

Will see a few of the other indies on this list eventually

Pretty crazy looking at the output the Coppola family has had

A dork calling someone a dork is such an odd thing o_O.

Weird Seeing Alien on the list but not Pirates. I feel like Alien is being shoved down my throat atm from both GAF and cable commercials. Guardians doesn't deserve be on the list because lets be real everyone is seeing that movie.

May is a good month. I am excited for Baywatch the most. the rest I can watch on Amazon/Redbox.

TheFlow

Banned
What blockbuster movie looks worth a damn this month? Don't worry, Dunkirk, Baby Driver, etc. will find their way on the lists this summer.

Also, when it comes to "movies no one has ever heard of" it's the nature of releases that these smaller movies don't have the marketing budget of studio films. But take a look at what is on every best-of list at the end of the year, and you might want to start paying attention to these.
Pirates looks hype as fuck. js.

The lovers is movie I wanted to see a couple of months a go, but didn't know when it was releasing. I wonder if it is a wide release or limited.

Also LOL I didn't know the links went to Expendables website. dafuq.

I'm a cool, artsy dork. Take that nerds.
if you post on neogaf you either a geek, nerd, or dork by default. this is a niche gaming site after all.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
9. Violet (Bas Devos; May 12)

Synopsis: 15-year-old Jesse is the only one who witnessed the stabbing of his friend Jonas. Now he has to face his family and friends form the BMX riders crew and explain the unexplainable - how he feels about it.

Woah, I've seen this like, 3 years ago at a festival. It was decent, albeit a bit self indulgent in the presentation.

daffy

Banned
So are these threads just a way of boosting traffic to OP's site and improving his SEO with links from an authority source?

Seems pretty transparent..
chill tf out before op takes these threads from us.. i don't see you posting movies worth seeing for the month.

anyway MAY looks pretty dead imo. Want to see Hounds of Love but I'm not going to be scrounging around LA looking for it. Probably catch a Guardians / Pirates double matinee feature near the end of the month.

TaterTots

Banned
The Survivalist is new? I watched that movie at a friends house several months back.

EDIT; It came out in 2015 and even had a blu ray release in 2016. Why is it just now hitting theaters? Makes no sense.

The Survivalist is new? I watched that movie at a friends house several months back.

EDIT; It came out in 2015 and even had a blu ray release in 2016. Why is it just now hitting theaters? Makes no sense.

Yeah, only getting a U.S. release this month. Not sure the reason for the delay :/

Whatever happened to DanielPlainview? He used to post threads just like this and then he disappeared replaced by this fan of Stallone's film franchise by the same name.

TheFlow

Banned
Whatever happened to DanielPlainview? He used to post threads just like this and then he disappeared replaced by this fan of Stallone's film franchise by the same name.
Ok that last sentence got a chuckle out of me. Expendable gets the job done though.

People gotta remember that what he puts in his list per month are just movies he wants to see and not a definite guide or anything. Look at the list below that has all the movie releases for the month

Hope people go see The Woman Who Left. Lav Diaz's best film since Norte.

I'm excited for when Violet and Manifesto come out in the UK.

Anyone else seen Heal The Living or Harmonium? They're both up on Curzon VOD.

I'm gonna see Colossal, The Levelling, Spaceship for this month.

rmt92

Just wanted to mention how much I love and look forward to your thread every month. Gives me a great idea of what to watch. Thanks!

Pachimari

So it seems like the only movie I'm gonna go watch at the cinema this month is Wonder Woman. Damn excited about it. I think I'm gonna skip on Your Name until it's out on digital formats or bluray.

GotG2 was already amazing.

King Arthur this week and Alien next week for sure.

I'll probably check out War Machine since it'll be on Netflix.

BraXzy

Also, when it comes to "movies no one has ever heard of" it's the nature of releases that these smaller movies don't have the marketing budget of studio films. But take a look at what is on every best-of list at the end of the year, and you might want to start paying attention to these.

I've been trying to get into movies more recently. I rarely watch them and when I do it's the typical, big budget blockbusters for the most part. Trying to broaden my horizons.

Where would I find these best of lists? So many online are just "Here are the most populat films of X year".

smisk

Not sure if there's anything I absolutely need to see in theaters, maybe Alien. Survivalists sounds interesting too. The premise of The Wall sounds interesting, but watching another movie about US soldiers killing Muslims has no appeal to me. They could've done this story with any two opposing sides, couldn't they have made it a little more interesting?
And OP, ignore all the philistines ITT. I like learning about less mainstream stuff.

Where have you been man, for kicks I just read through the 2010 Inception thread, mainly for your posts.

Why are you not as active anymore?

Ah, good times. Can't remember the last time I was that hyped for a film. In the seven years since, let's just say I've gotten a lot more busy, in welcome ways.

Top Bottom