• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 BIG Games Rumored To Be In Development

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Video game industry rumors are a funny thing, capable of inspiring hope as much as vitriol. The credibility of leakers, the volatile nature of development, the constant shifting of schedules – especially in the past year – means that rumors can be harder to trust than ever.

Then again, the appeal of a rumor, especially when it's for a long-awaited title, remains enticing. So let's take a look at 15 big games rumored to be in development. Remember to take all of these with a grain of salt, even if they're from respectable sources, sit back and have fun.

1. Silent Hills Reboot
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Gears 6
4. Star Wars: Fallen Order 2
5. Titanfall 3
6. Life is Strange 3
7. Saints Row 5
8. Street Fighter 6
9. Ghosts of Tsushima 2
10. Bloodborne Remaster
11. Metal Gear Solid
12. Splinter Cell
13. Resident Evil 4 Remake
14. Days Gone 2
15. Forza Horizon 5

Most of it is expected and not earth shattering.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

1. Silent Hills Reboot
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Gears 6
5. Titanfall 3
6. Life is Strange 3
7. Saints Row 5
8. Street Fighter 6
9. Ghosts of Tsushima 2
10. Bloodborne Remaster
11. Metal Gear Solid
12. Splinter Cell
14. Days Gone 2
15. Forza Horizon 5

Last edited:

Phase

1. Silent Hills Reboot
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Gears 6
5. Titanfall 3
6. Life is Strange 3
7. Saints Row 5
8. Street Fighter 6
9. Ghosts of Tsushima 2
10. Bloodborne Remaster
11. Metal Gear Solid
12. Splinter Cell
14. Days Gone 2
15. Forza Horizon 5

Ugh, not one new IP.

I‘m still not so sure about silent hill. Wasn’t it supposed to be revealed a few times already last year? Where is it then?

Seriously, only Silent hill is a rumor at this stage (I do believe (want to) that it is true). All other titles are as good as confirmed. What about new assassins creed, a new call of duty or a new Mario game, everyone knows that these titles are in development...

dcmk7

Banned
Wasn't aware of the Titanfall 3 rumours. The second although short was very good I'm hoping we do see a third at some point.

And we need a new TimeSplitters or remaster.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
“Big” games lol

only game there I’d buy is Bloodborne Remaster. Maybe Forza Horizon 5

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

ANIMAL1975

OP your thread title is inaccurate, why did you omitted from the trailer title New Game Pass list of..... Killing Row!

martino

i miss new gen = pushing new big licences era (costs were not the same then, of course but still)

Last edited:
Gears, saints, Forza, and splinter cell are the only interesting ones for me. Maybe Titanfall 3 if they go back to the first for multi player and double the length of the campaign.

Witchilich

I am surprised that Arkane Austin project which may be Prey 2 is not part of this list. When they say unannounced projects for 2021 this is what comes to my mind. This project definitely started before Arkane Lyon's Deathloop and Tango Gamework's Ghostwire Tokyo, both of which are 2021 releases. From the Bethesda Roundtable video, Arkane Lyon helped with Wolfenstein Youngblood. The Multiplayer portion of Prey released later was made by Typhoon Hunter. So, Arkane Austin is the longest inactive studio among every other Xbox Studio since Prey(2017).

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
To follow up on the OP, here are my bold predictions.
  • Popular Franchise Sequel
  • Popular Franchise Reboot
  • Popular Franchise Remaster
  • Popular Franchise Remaster

MiguelItUp

Yeah, that list is... Something, lol. Some I'm fine with, others I'm like, "Come on, man." It's a very safe list through and through.

Inviusx

How about some actual cool games that might be in development:

Dino Crisis Reboot
Monster Hunter World 2
RE4 Remake
Dead Space 4
40k Total War
Ubisoft Space MMO
New Blizzard MMO
Naughty Dog pirate game
Half Life 3
The Witcher 4
Whatever Ken Levine is working on

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Go Away Reaction GIF

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I am surprised that Arkane Austin project which may be Prey 2 is not part of this list. When they say unannounced projects for 2021 this is what comes to my mind. This project definitely started before Arkane Lyon's Deathloop and Tango Gamework's Ghostwire Tokyo, both of which are 2021 releases. From the Bethesda Roundtable video, Arkane Lyon helped with Wolfenstein Youngblood. The Multiplayer portion of Prey released later was made by Typhoon Hunter. So, Arkane Austin is the longest inactive studio among every other Xbox Studio since Prey(2017).
Lead Technical Engineer at Arkane Austin.

Phase

A list of predictable sequels and you expect to see a new IP? 😂
"15 BIG games rumored to be in development" doesn't simply conclude it's all sequels. A large company could be working on a new game they expect to be big. Instead, the list is just a monument to the current industry of failsafes.

Roufianos

"15 BIG games rumored to be in development" doesn't simply conclude it's all sequels. A large company could be working on a new game they expect to be big. Instead, the list is just a monument to the current industry of failsafes.
Yea I was mocking the list. There's no real scoops here, it's all stuff that literally anyone could guess.

Who'd bet their money against a Spider-Man 2 and a GoT sequel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom