• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 Best Moments In The Entire Mass Effect Series

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It's been 13 years since Mass Effect 1 was released. There have been no true follow-ups (we don't talk about Andromeda, not that it counts anyway), until BioWare revealed at The Game Awards 2020 that it was working on the next chapter.

Before that, however, we'll have a chance to revisit the original trilogy with Mass Effect Legendary Edition releasing in May. It brings together the original trilogy, complete with almost all of the DLC, in 4K and with big visual enhancements.

In anticipation of the same, let's take a look at some of the best moments from the series.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The difference between ME1 and ME2 is the commitment to side characters, I thought the ending to ME2 made sense and was in position to end the series and everyone wanted ME3 and you ended up getting a trash, bad business decision by EA and Bioware.

Quasicat

I love the entire Citadel dlc, but favorite moment in the Mass Effect series is after you romance Tali and you find her at the bar getting drunk.

RAIDEN1

Spoiler Alert! I'd much prefer going into these moments as if its the first time I am seeing them when ME: Legendary edition comes out

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I'm not watching any of these. My memory of the games is foggy (especially ME1) since I didn't replay them after the original playthroughs and it would be nice to discover some things again. :)

RAIDEN1

I'm not watching any of these. My memory of the games is foggy (especially ME1) since I didn't replay them after the original playthroughs and it would be nice to discover some things again. :)
I mean for me I don't think I have EVER replayed a console game before....but for Mass Effect this will be only my 2nd playthrough.... :messenger_grinning_squinting: though I must admit I think late-last year or the year before I did watch Mass Effect 1 as a movie...but I don't exactly recall it scene for scene..

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Mass Effect 2 was were it really felt like Bioware was firing on all cylinders. Story, design, combat, music all felt cohesive. The last boss fight was ehh....but leading up to that point, the suicide mission, felt amazing. ME2 was peak Mass Effect, kind of a slow start in ME1 and a fizzle of an ending in ME3, but there was some great characters in all 3 games.

Loved the series, but tbh, the ending 3 left a sour taste in my mouth and I felt like replaying would be pointless because nothing drastically changed about the end. Still, what a fun sci-fi series and I really hope to see them get back on track with whatever comes next.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ride along with developers of the original Mass Effect and new devs from the Legendary Edition as they watch and react to an incredible playthrough by speedrunner Mike__Wave. The developers commentating include Renata Cronin (Producer), Crystal McCord (Producer), Kevin Meek (Environment and Character Director) and Brenon Holmes (Technical Design Director).

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Mass Effect franchise has a long, sordid history that encompasses a whole mess of details that fans may never even have known about, including things that could have altered the very game we've come to know and love (or hate) over the years.

We're going to detail a bunch things you probably didn't know about Mass Effect, things like how Mass Effect wasn't even the original name for the series. In a book called "BioWare: Stories and Secrets from 25 Years of Game Development", developers of Mass Effect divulged secrets about the franchise, detailing how multiplayer wasn't always meant for just Mass Effect 3. In fact, multiplayer was planned for Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 before the ideas were scrapped. Did you know that a fan favorite character was supposed to make a cameo in Mass Effect: Andromeda? Mordin likely died hundreds of years before the Pathfinder initiative, though.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CZOxwGo3V8&lc=Ugy3fGwqI5sp42bCjqF4AaABAg

0:29 Alternate Names
1:42 ME: 1 Originally had multiplayer
2:45 Kaidan, Ashley, Voicelines & Mods
3:47 Wrex gives in on Virmire
5:04 The Prothean Vision
6:08 The Illusive man fight
7:00 Mordin Cameo in Andromeda

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This week on our Mass Effect lore series, we dive into the backstory of Cerberus and The Illusive Man, Jack Harper. How would The Illusive Man get his name, and what events lead to his creation of Cerberus and its strong ideals?

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

One week before the release of Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, we asked three BioWare developers to break down their favourite moments from the original trilogy. From the infamous Suicide Mission to Shepard's questionable dance moves Mac Walters, Melanie Faulknor and Brenon Holmes share their memories of the scenes and set pieces from the Mass Effect trilogy that matter to them.

This video features a mix of gameplay from the original Mass Effect trilogy and Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.

00:00: Intro
00:35: The Suicide Mission
03:42: Biotic Charge
06:33: Geth & Quarian Conflict (Bad Outcome)
10:06: The Child
11:38: Anderson's Finale
14:29: Shepherd's Terrible Dance Moves
15:31: Working on the Legendary Edition

Top Bottom