• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

14 years after launch, PS3 just got a new system update

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

System update version 4.88 requires at least 200MB to install, but according to Sony’s patch notes it only “improves system performance”.

It’s the 60th update the console has received since it launched in November 2006, though it should be noted that none of the updates have added anything of note for a number of years now.

lachesis

Yeah - I heard about this too. Time to update my Slim!

My only real request at this point is for them to really streamline/optimize the store - not even asking for big bells and whistles, but I'd love them to really make a fast/optimized one that I can look thru on both PS3 and Vita.
A lot of times when I buy old, obscure games - I tend just look up the info on the internet on my smartphone and perhaps watch a video or two beforehand...

Kilau

Gold Member
Pretty sure it got an update a few months ago, I had to update to sync some trophies.

Banned
no way I'm gonna update... I am planning on soft-modding my Super Slim with PS3Hen to make it PS2 compatible. plays about 1000 PS2 games that way

Last edited:
Top Bottom