• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

14 minutes of Gears 5 horde escape gameplay

Barakov

I have the game pass and have been playing Gears 1 Ultimate edition. I think it is safe to say that this is MUCH better than 4. Despite being way older
Original trilogy was pretty good. It's from a time when Gears was good and Epic as a developer was good. Shame about the direction where the story in Gears 5 is going. Thankfully the MP should be on point.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
As a pve played I'm hyped for this mode and it will have a map editor which is awesome

Fluzer

Banned
Original trilogy was pretty good. It's from a time when Gears was good and Epic as a developer was good. Shame about the direction where the story in Gears 5 is going. Thankfully the MP should be on point.
What direction? What's wrong with the campaign direction?

Barakov

What direction? What's wrong with the campaign direction?
The whole backstory with Kait's family and the direction they're heading with her character. Given the focus on her in this game it really seems like they're setting her up to be the next locust queen. Especially with the footage from the trailer from last E3.

Fluzer

Banned
The whole backstory with Kait's family and the direction they're heading with her character. Given the focus on her in this game it really seems like they're setting her up to be the next locust queen. Especially with the footage from the trailer from last E3.
It's an intriguing story hook, don't see what's bad about that. Gears 4 set up the fifth to be Kait's story quite nicely.

Last edited:

manfestival

It's an intriguing story hook, don't see what's bad about that. Gears 4 set up the fifth to be Kait's story quite nicely.
It really wasn't that interesting to me with gears 4 and how they built those characters up. They felt too forced and yet all felt more like side characters.

Now since gears 4 is my personal starting point. I found the running in the game to be weird. I know it is a staple of the series but it feels... antiquated.

Top Bottom