• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Hand on Preview.

mcz117chief

I find it really funny how not so long ago Danjin was very skeptical of 13 Sentinels and I told him that he shouldn't be and now he is the biggest fanboy of the game on the forum :D

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I find it really funny how not so long ago Danjin was very skeptical of 13 Sentinels and I told him that he shouldn't be and now he is the biggest fanboy of the game on the forum :D
giphy.gif

You are not wrong, I was actually highly skeptical about this game, I didn't know what this game was all about but watch couple of gameplay and I was sold on this game!
biggest fanboy
tenor.gif

Last edited:

bullnoi

Neo Member
I played the jp version when it first came out, the game is great.

nice to see they didn't give up on the western release.

Danjin44

I played the jp version when it first came out, the game is great.

nice to see they didn't give up on the western release.
I'm also glad Atlus decide to release this in west even tho I'm pretty sure is not gonna do big numbers here. I also heard its going to have English dub which is surprising since niche games like theses wont get dubbed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I’m a huge, huge fan of Vanillaware. Even though this doesn’t strike me as “my cup of tea”, genre-wise, I’m still willing to give it a chance because of the pedigree. Somehow I feel like it will be amazing (that’s the buzz it got on Japan anyway).

Danjin44

Somehow I feel like it will be amazing (that’s the buzz it got on Japan anyway).
Not just Japan, Import reviews have been very positive and almost all the recent previews we got have been extremely positive. And my biggest reason, I personally haven't been disappointed in any of Vanillaware games.

lyan

I’m a huge, huge fan of Vanillaware. Even though this doesn’t strike me as “my cup of tea”, genre-wise, I’m still willing to give it a chance because of the pedigree. Somehow I feel like it will be amazing (that’s the buzz it got on Japan anyway).
Well in worst case you bought some good paintings.

Danjin44

Hoping this may be my favorite game of 2020! Quite looking forward to it, while avoiding any spoilers and all. :)
Then friendly warning, DO NOT read comment section on YouTube. Thankfully I haven’t been spoiled yet but people there can be shitty and spoil the story out of no where.

Danjin44

The whole schoolgirl thing throws me off, but otherwise, this looks like an interesting title.
The game mostly takes place in 1980s in the Shōwa period, which I personally find it interesting.

Its kind of why you see this type of uniforms.
EAsuASmU4AAIb_4.jpg

99e044794669259bf36805d848585669.jpg

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
For a game that doesnt have "mass appeal" I cant believe its already sold out on EBgames.

Also it seems there is not gonna be collectors Edition for west.

I have this game pre-ordered and while it's not a different box, it should come with an artbook.

Danjin44

Last edited:

Jedge

The physical version of this game is gonna be hard to find in the future. In my area it’s sold out everywhere.
I pre-ordered it digitally this time for my PS4 Pro. I thought that dev's would get more money digitally but I was wrong :/
Hopefully you got your preorder in (i'm sure you did). I'm still chapped that I didn't pre-order gravity rush 2 digitally to get the exclusive avatars way back.

vkbest

This will probably be the final PS4 game I buy and one of the first games I plan on PS5, lol.

If you want play on PS5 you should wait to people try this on PS5 with BC before buying, this game was released 1 year ago in Japan, so even the game is releasing after July (PS5 required compatibility), its not required in this case

JohannCK

Just reposting these.

Danjin44

Just reposting these.

Not only its getting positive import reviews but its also getting positive english previews but its seems most people actively ignoring this game. I'm starting to think this game might not even get reviewed by most gaming sites.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Danjin44 Danjin44

what you are doing!! Reviews are popping up!! Game is fuckn solid!

OC 88 (27 reviews): https://opencritic.com/game/10110/13-sentinels-aegis-rim

MC 86 (26 reviews): https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/13-sentinels-aegis-rim

Top Bottom