• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 fucking years later, skyrim is still my go to for my open world rpg fix

Fredrik

Quite recently this was posted, very relevant for this audience (me included).

Cringy but still great, I love this game and world so much. Oddly enough I still haven’t finished it after hundreds of hours, I’ve always found a reason to start over and create a new character before I’ve reached the end. Started over again recently in Skyrim VR through Oculus Quest 2 and it feels like a new game, experiencing those well-known dungeons again in VR feels like playing a remake. I hope for all my heart that Microsoft let Bethesda keep doing VR even though they don’t have a VR headset.

Yep, it's so sad that OP has a game they continue to enjoy a decade later, instead of moving on to the overpriced half games and unfinished alphas that we so commonly get today.

I haven't played Skyrim in a while, but I'm glad you still enjoy it and can continue to get value out of your purchase even now so long after its release.
This is what the fuck gaming is all about. It isn't about us enjoying experiences when a company feels like we should. It's about enjoying it whenever the fuck we feel like. I'm currently doing a replay of Skyrim as we speak, and I'm just loving every moment.

skakmk

I still play Skyrim at least once a week. Something about the world, the music, the scenery, just hits me. Skyrim is like my zen time. Plus, everytime I play I just end up discovering stuff.

EDIT:- Got a series S recently. The first game I downloaded was Skyrim. My peasant senses are overflown with joy on being able to enjoy this gem of a game at 60fps.

Last edited:

Juza

No wonder, one of the most influential games in history, and the last good game by Bethesda Studios too.

I spent about 600+ in it for three consecutive months back when it got released! I plan to revisit it soon and spend a few hundreds of hours again.

Top Bottom