• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

007: License To Chill - The Best James Bond Theme Song

I used to like you AlteredForms, but now YOU'RE dogshit!
Guess we're even because I never liked you anyway. Just kidding, I'm not a fan of Jack White's Bond theme as it's too disjointed in my opinion, but one would say that's the whole point. An interesting fact is that 'Seven Nation Army' and it's beat was White's desire to do a Bond theme, but they never asked him at the time.

Last edited:

E-Cat

I like this more than the actual theme song of The Living Daylights. You can really hear the John Barry in it

Last edited:
I'll take Live and Let Die - Paul McCartney - Wings

Sorry to crush your dreams, but No Time to Die is the best James Bond song bar none, with Goldeneye a long way second:

A fun entry no doubt but it cannot be number one as the core bond iconic theme and an "action drop" are absent from the song. If she had of arranged those two elements for 20-30% of her song the "bond" distinction would have been there.

Why this one not brought up?

Brilliant song, however, for me I cannot put it up as #1 again. It's lacking that true vintage bond musical iconography.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'll admit I have a soft spot for The World Is Not Enough. A theme written and sung from the villain's POV. Brilliant idea, and sung magnificently.

Quantum Of Solace rejected theme

Sounds cool, but is it a Bond theme?
I'll admit I have a soft spot for The World Is Not Enough. A theme written and sung from the villain's POV. Brilliant idea, and sung magnificently.
One of the underrated Bond movies and the only other good one Brosnan did aside from Goldeneye. The remaining two were meh or trash.

A re-release of a song already done in a previous movie?

That's all well and good but it's not James Bond. The actual MGS3 introduction movie is heavily inspired by 007 and is some catchy stuff.

"Earth's crystal tearsss. Fall of snowflakes on your body."

Wow, what a terrible list in my opinion. Man with the Golden Gun, really?

lol
the first two are among my top 4 favourite films as well (with from Russia and You only live twice)

Top Bottom