• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Power Rangers” - Reboot in the works, director of “End of the Fucking World” in talks, writer of Peter Rabbit 2

Apparently the story will involve time travel and put the kids back in the 90s.

End of the Fucking World is a great show....I hope this works out

Sounds like entirely new cast, no connection to recent film

Last edited:

manfestival

A reboot of the reboot???
Meeeeeh
I actually really liked the 2nd half of the latest movie. The first half was way too slow and uninteresting.

zeorhymer

Rita_Repulsa_from_Mighty_Morphin%27_Power_Rangers_%28screencap%29.jpg

Rita Repulsa or no watch.

lock2k

Banned
Good, the last film sucked. The cast was awful and their armors looked awful (straight from Michael Bay movies kind of awful).

cryptoadam

Banned
Didn't Power Rangers just bring in a new cast and storyline every year after the first 2 or 3 seasons? I mean they pretty much rebooted each new season so how can you reboot something that already reboots itself?

MisterHero

Didn't Power Rangers just bring in a new cast and storyline every year after the first 2 or 3 seasons? I mean they pretty much rebooted each new season so how can you reboot something that already reboots itself?
MMPR through Space is a direct storyline and everything else just happens in the same universe, except RPM and Dino Charge. After that they established a very minimal budget multiverse, including the above series and now the comic books. And a rumored animated project.

In a few ways, PR has been leading Marvel and DC with cinematic universes. ;p

Star Trek before that, I guess

MMPR through Space is a direct storyline and everything else just happens in the same universe, except RPM and Dino Charge. After that they established a very minimal budget multiverse, including the above series and now the comic books. And a rumored animated project.

In a few ways, PR has been leading Marvel and DC with cinematic universes. ;p

Star Trek before that, I guess
Universal classic monster movies would be the earliest examples of a cinematic universe.

MisterHero

Universal classic monster movies would be the earliest examples of a cinematic universe.
Absolutely. People scoff at the current "Dark Universe" but they already did it decades earlier.

PR even had an interplanetary war where a snap wave killed all the bad guys.

Last edited:
Top Bottom