• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“No plans for now” for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 on PS5, “Impossible to Run” on PS4 and Xbox One - GSC Game World

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

If you’re a console player, you’re going to need an Xbox Series X/S to play it- but is there a chance that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 eventually releases for PS5 as well...

We posed the question to its developers as GSC Game World in a recent interview, who told us that currently, there are no plans to bring the game to PS5, before adding that Xbox Game Pass (where the game will be releasing at launch), was one of the primary reasons for it launching as an Xbox console exclusive.

“No plans for now,” the developer said. “We negotiated the possibilities with Microsoft and saw several good opportunities for the brand — including Game Pass.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The open world horror shooter is confirmed to be releasing for PC and Xbox Series X/S, and according to its developers, that was necessary for the game they were making. We recently spoke with GSC Game World’s PR manager Zakhar Bocharov about the shooter, and when asked if S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 isn’t launching on last-gen consoles because the developers didn’t want to be limited by their hardware, he said: “Exactly. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is a next-gen game, and it’s impossible to run it on Xbox One or PS4.”

Thanks mods for the title change

Church Saturday GIF

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
I want a SX when this gets released.

I’ve heard so many great things about Stalker and have played the first one a bit but it never clicked so hopefully a more polished sequel will bring me in.

j0hnnix

f you’re a console player, you’re going to need an Xbox Series X/S to play it- but is there a chance that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 eventually releases for PS5 as well?

We posed the question to its developers as GSC Game World in a recent interview, who told us that currently, there are no plans to bring the game to PS5, before adding that Xbox Game Pass (where the game will be releasing at launch), was one of the primary reasons for it launching as an Xbox console exclusive.

the developer said. “We negotiated the possibilities with Microsoft and saw several good opportunities for the brand — including Game Pass.”

They added: “We’re concentrating on the Xbox Series X/S version.”
Welcome Back.

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Well in that case guess I'll play it on my pc then.
Curious though how much I am going to have to pay for it - if its in gamepass its gonna be a cheap game.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
They are legally obligated to say this

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really hoping Microsoft put a team towards altering/remastering S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 1 and it's expansions to Xbox Series X.

Dolomite

Well in that case guess I'll play it on my pc then.
Curious though how much I am going to have to pay for it - if its in gamepass its gonna be a cheap game.
Not necessarily. So many day and date titles now and in the near future arriving on GP, I'd expect this to launch at full retail price

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Good for them for not holding back. This and Hellblade 2 will be enough to convince me not to wait any longer to pick up XSX. :)

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I wanna revisit this thread when the game comes out.....because I know how some like to talk about games that are possible on last gen, despite devs saying otherwise.

I want that exact same energy for this.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
If it was impossible to run on the Series S THEN I would be impressed.
Damn, forgot about this. It's not gonna to be easy for the devs of Xbox games/ports to prepare separate XSS versions, especially when we'll start getting more "proper" next-gen games.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
"No plans for X console"
"X console has an issue with running our game hence we aren't releasing it"
"X console doesn't support 4k"

=

95% timed exclusive or bought out exclusive

keram

Of course, they will ignore a 3 times larger installed base, at least as long as MS paied them for the time exclusivity :messenger_grinning_sweat:

this is one of those overrated pc games, isn't it?

No, only console games are overrated. Who is supposed to overrate PC games ? There's no manufacturer to do it like with Microsoft or Sony. Theres no tribalism like you have with console wars. Any game that is worth something has to do it on its actual merrits. Theres nobody behind it to artificially inflate it and hype it.

Stalker just so happens that its some of the best games in existence. The third game in particular, its a masterstroke of open space and shooter design. What most people say they hate in open worlds - that their big, full of fluff, boring, repetitive, that it takes to long to traverse from one point to another - ALL of those were solved in Stalker 12 years ago.

Top Bottom