• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Chernobyl” Director Helming “Last of Us” TV Show

PresetError

Neophyte
Jaw dropping moment equals...

Tess betraying Joel. It's a known fact that in the original The Last of Us Druckman's script Tess was a villain.

Either that or...

The reason why Tommy left Joel when they were assaultig people on the road and doing terrible shit

jigglet

Banned
Pretty good pick, a director from another movie about a shit idea that everyone was afraid to call it for what it was.

MastaKiiLA

Glad they put someone with a proven series under his belt at the helm. The longer format of a series probably works better for TLOU than a movie. However, TWD kinda murdered the zombie genre. That and the steady drove of zombie flicks and shows that have followed. I think that'll work against TLOU. The whole humans being the final boss trope has been done to death now. I expect this to be a solid effort, but dragged down by the overwhelming weight of genre fatigue. The zombie genre just won't die, much like the titular foe.

Shmunter

Glad they put someone with a proven series under his belt at the helm. The longer format of a series probably works better for TLOU than a movie. However, TWD kinda murdered the zombie genre. That and the steady drove of zombie flicks and shows that have followed. I think that'll work against TLOU. The whole humans being the final boss trope has been done to death now. I expect this to be a solid effort, but dragged down by the overwhelming weight of genre fatigue. The zombie genre just won't die, much like the titular foe.
I agree with much of that. But one saving grace with the setting is that TLOU has super zombies. Pretty far out there ones even with the 2nd game. If they use that property, it can take on a more sci fi, monster show kind of vibe - not just zombies.

Anyway, it will all be down to characters, plot and mood at the end of the day…like any great show.

Top Bottom