• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“A Quiet Place 2” - Emily Blunt, 2020

Emily Blunt :messenger_heart:

hell yeah brother

giphy.gif

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
People will say the first movie was ass but then say The Last of Us was game of the decade.

At least Johnny K is trying something different and not making gender swap remake #34.
Um, so both statements can't be true? Just because someone is trying something different doesn't mean they should be praised for the effort alone.

Last edited:

Mato

I enjoyed the first movie and will watch this also but

I don't get why the dad character was killed. I would be a lot more excited about this sequel if he was in it.

Last edited:

Aggelos

A tiny necro-bump, because things are back in motion again...

"The film had its world premiere in New York City on March 8, 2020, and after a year's worth of postponements due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is scheduled to be theatrically released in the United States on May 28, 2021, the start of the Memorial Day holiday weekend in the US. It will also be available to stream on Paramount+ 45 days after its theatrical debut. "

One of the producers is Micheal Bay

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
I agree to the sentiments. One of the strongest starts to any movie franchise. The first two movies have been equal in their quality or very close to same caliber. Movie was fantastic and glad it delivered.

I kind of home the 3rd movie does a time skip a couple years in the future as more people have learned to fight the aliens.

ZehDon

This was really good. Few times the sequel is just as good as the first.
The kids were still annoying though.
Agreed; I liked it as much as I liked the first. The opening was incredibly strong - it never really lost me from there. Apart from one really, really dumb character, everything was pretty great throughout.

The cinema I was in, everyone was groaning at the son in virtually every scene. Really dumb character.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
This was really good. Few times the sequel is just as good as the first.
The kids were still annoying though.
Yeah I thought it was really good. I wish the prequel part had been a bigger part of the movie, but maybe they want to save that for part III, so Jim can still be in it.
The son was annoying, but the girl is very good although possibly it's because she is deaf.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I saw it and I really liked it, but I thought one thing that happened was really lame and hokey.

How one of the monsters rode the boat all the way to the peaceful island. I mean, c'mon. It wouldn't have just hung out on the top of that boat until it reached land. Get the fuck out of here

Other than that I thought it was very good, tense, and thrilling.

Renoir

I saw it and I really liked it, but I thought one thing that happened was really lame and hokey.

How one of the monsters rode the boat all the way to the peaceful island. I mean, c'mon. It wouldn't have just hung out on the top of that boat until it reached land. Get the fuck out of here

yea that part was definelty a wtf moment. when I head the noise, I was thinking it was some sort of pipe connection to the mainland, especially with the prior scene that happened with Blunt. The they panned around the corner... I was like wow.

They can't swim. What else would it do?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
They can't swim. What else would it do?
The other one couldn't swim and jumped in the water. You figure it would've jumped in the water at some point or jumped off the boat back onto the dock before it drifted off. Regardless, it being stationary on that boat like that for who knows how long it took to get ashore seemed very unbelievable.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
yea that part was definelty a wtf moment. when I head the noise, I was thinking it was some sort of pipe connection to the mainland, especially with the prior scene that happened with Blunt. The they panned around the corner... I was like wow.
Really, I saw that coming a mile away, to the point that I was wondering why they didn't warn everyone as soon as they arrived.

I did love the trap and silent stand-off, that precipitated all that.

CloudNull

Banned
I found this quite boring, and disjointed.

Lacked the oomph of the first, and I'd pretty much lost all interest after around 45 minutes.

4.69/10
To each their own. I will admit that after the opening scene it does take some time for the story to get going.

I think I liked the ending of this one better as it closed with some great character growth but it did lack some oomph of the first. I feel this comes off this way because the world was so original in the first one but here it’s familiar.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Big disappointment (don't click on the spoilers if you haven't watched the movie).

I liked the first movie so I was confident but after the (good) opening sequence the film just kept going downhill. The kids are so dumb I almost felt insulted as a spectator:
Why does the only deaf person think it's a good idea to go outside on her own ffs... and why the brother decides to come back to the surface just when his mother is not there? THEY BOTH HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO DO THIS OTHER THAN ARRANGING THE SCENARIO
Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

And the creatures... you want me to believe they can survive in space for (most likely) centuries without eating or drinking and with no oxygen, then resist the entry in the atmosphere... but they can't swim. Fine.
Every situation just felt so forced, the tension from the first movie is completely absent imo: 4/10

Spaceman292

Banned

I had fun imagining the monster spooling up the engine and working the steering wheel.

FunkMiller

I didn’t mind this film.

But I liked a lot of the story and character beats a lot more the first time in saw them in The Last Of Us

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The movie was better than the first one, but ultimately only decent. Much like during the first movie you can make a whole list of dumb choices by the main characters which should've gotten them killed. Plus I really didn't like the twist about the
monster reaching the island
very far fetched to get the story going.

At least there were more monster scenes this time around.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I hope they address ez cheats like living near a waterfall and such. Trailer looks dope, hope there are a lot of flashbacks of the initial attacks.
The "ez cheat" is to shoot those hand to hand motherfuckers in the face with a 30 cal rifle from 300 meters away.

The whole premise of this series is shit. Still a fun film though.

Top Bottom