• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Once-In-A-Lifetime Sighting:’ Incredibly Rare Half Male, Half Female Cardinal Spotted In Pennsylvania

belmarduk

3a2ee106-1452-450c-87c2-02b5d3e19f8e-p1Cardinal022021.jpg

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — A longtime birdwatcher in Warren County says he had a “once-in-a-lifetime” bird sighting – a cardinal that is half male and half female.

“I had a once-in-a-lifetime, one in a million bird encounter!” James hill posted on Facebook.

Hill described the bird, which is known as a bilateral gynandromorph northern cardinal, as a bird divided right down the middle, half male and half female.

Typically, male cardinals have bright red plumage, while females are “buffy brownish,” Hill said in his Facebook post.

CBS Pittsburgh

trikster40

Females are usually brown, not white. Wonder if it’s more half-albino than half female. Tail feathers are exclusively red as well. Did someone look up it’s skirt?

Paltheos

So is this the first transgender bird in history?

Will be the next mascot of the LBGT+ community, mark my words lol

Hermaphroditic. Come on, no need to be mean-spirited.
Wait, correction. The article labels it correctly and I'm wrong: "Gynandromorph". Huh.

Top Bottom