• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘GLOW’ Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link.

Netflix has renewed “GLOW” for Season 2, the streamer announced Thursday.

The series is a fictionalized account of a real all-female wrestling TV show in the 1980’s. It focuses on Ruth Wilder (Alison Brie), an out-of-work, struggling actress in 1980s Los Angeles who finds one last chance for stardom when she auditions for a spot with the upstart promotion Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling. In addition to working with 12 Hollywood misfits, Ruth also has to compete with Debbie Eagan (Betty Gilpin), her best friend and a former soap actress, and boss Sam Sylvia (Marc Maron), a washed-up, B-movie director.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
now Ozark

Nice! Now they just need to announce Ozark season 2.

tumblr_n8da54GYKp1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

120v

not that there was ever any doubt. but good

...just don't run this one to the ground. like 4 seasons, tops

Why the fuck did they take so damn long, holy shit.

The first season was waaaaay too short. I expected another 3 or 4 episodes after the finale, I had to double check.

EDIT: are you fucking kidding me they haven't locked up Ozark either?!?!?! FUCK DUDE COME ON.

hydruxo

This actually took longer to announce than I was expecting.

Netflix does that pretty often with shows that do well but aren't like standout hits, took a while to announce the renewal for A Series of Unfortunate Events earlier in the year too. They take a month and evaluate everything before making the announcement.

I'd imagine Ozark will get renewed pretty soon too.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Why the fuck did they take so damn long, holy shit.

The first season was waaaaay too short. I expected another 3 or 4 episodes after the finale, I had to double check.

EDIT: are you fucking kidding me they haven't locked up Ozark either?!?!?! FUCK DUDE COME ON.

Netflix officially can't win. Haha.

- J - D -

We just finished season 1 and are now really excited for season 2, which I hope will focus more on the other wrestlers. Hopefully it takes a page from Orange is the New Black, which shifted focus away from the lead character in later seasons, to the show's benefit.

Top Bottom