• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Game Of Thrones’ Alum Charles Dance Joins ‘Godzilla: King Of The Monsters’

Link.

Charles Dance, known for his role as Tywin Lannister in HBO’s Game of Thrones, has closed a deal to join Legendary/Warner Bros’ Michael Dougherty-helmed sequel Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Sally Hawkins also has signed on to reprise her role of Dr. Vivienne Graham from 2014’s Godzilla, which was directed by Gareth Edwards.

The latest cast additions join Millie Bobby Brown, Vera Farmiga, Kyle Chandler, Ken Watanabe, Aisha Hinds and O’Shea Jackson Jr. in the pic, which will be out May 22, 2019. Not much is known about the plot of the film, which was co-written by Dougherty and Zach Shields. It’s part of the Legendary/WB cinematic universe, which includes the recently released Kong: Skull Island, with the monster showdown Godzilla vs Kong slated to hit theaters May 22, 2020.

Watch Dracula Untold if old.

Echoplx

If his somewhat minor role on GoT is what Charles Dance is best known for then I want off this planet.

MyprnGA.gif

duckroll

Sally Hawkins and Ken Watanabe are returning? Damn, I was actually hoping this would be a prequel with Godzilla fighting all the other monsters teased in Kong. Not sure if I like that it's another present day thing after Edward's Godzilla...

Sally Hawkins and Ken Watanabe are returning? Damn, I was actually hoping this would be a prequel with Godzilla fighting all the other monsters teased in Kong. Not sure if I like that it's another present day thing after Edward's Godzilla...
It is going to have the monsters teased in Kong.

It's not a prequel, it's a sequel of Godzilla fighting Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah.

Brakke

Banned
‘Game Of Thrones’ Alum Charles Dance

Umm he has had a long and rich career why would you pick this one to identify him?

Shoulda gone with "Dude Who Is In The Fourth Underworld Movie, Charles Dance".

Sure? I expect a five monster rumble royale more for an event movie like Kong Vs Godzilla
???

My post was meant to be a declarative sentence. We know what monsters are in the Godzilla: King of the Monsters. I don't think much work has gone into Godzilla vs. King Kong quite yet, a lot of that is probably up in the air and dependent upon what happens in King of the Monsters.

edit: I was still under the impression the title was "Godzilla: King of Monsters" and didn't see it is actually "Godzilla: King of the Monsters". Dougherty clarified a few months ago. Good to know, I'm way behind on this stuff apparently.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
???

My post was meant to be a declarative sentence. We know what monsters are in the Godzilla: King of the Monsters. I don't think much work has gone into Godzilla vs. King Kong quite yet, a lot of that is probably up in the air and dependent upon what happens in King of the Monsters.

edit: I was still under the impression the title was "Godzilla: King of Monsters" and didn't see it is actually "Godzilla: King of the Monsters". Dougherty clarified a few months ago. Good to know, I'm way behind on this stuff apparently.

Can you link to the clarification? I believe you, but I would like to read it up.

Edit: Found it. Hm, I think thats way to much, would have went the one monster/one movie routine.
Mothra alone needs a lot of introduction.

Daxter32jak

Anyone know when can we start buying tickets (United States). Was hoping to secure enough for the family before release date.

Last edited:
Top Bottom