• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Orth no longer with Microsoft

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
atXwf0C.jpg

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news...00_-microsoft-designer-adam-orth-resigns.aspx

Game Informer has learned from sources close to the matter that Orth is no longer with Microsoft. A call to Microsoft's main switchboard confirmed this fact. Our sources, who wish to remain anonymous, suggest that Orth resigned in the wake of last week's events. We haven't been able to confirm whether this was a voluntary or forced resignation.

In case you haven't been following, Adam Orth is the "always online" guy from Microsoft Studios who made these tweets:

jF1Mjq5MZmVHd.png

VqoBBg0.png

OEY5yp8.jpg

jbmJQEeF9tOY7R.png

WVJfyey.png

yami4ct

I feel bad the guy got fired, but as an employer I'm not sure why you'd keep him. He made a very public rant that caused potential harm to the company's brand. It's not surprising they let him go.

SiskoKid

Very very sad. He messed up, but I don't think he should've lost his job. People screw up, and I hate that some people will demand blood.

We live in such a shitty time when it comes to jobs and now he's marked probably for the rest of his career because he messed up. Sucks. I feel really bad for him.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
didn't realise how on the nose this would be when I made it:
Vj04Zwp.jpg

Oh well eh. Lessons harshly learned.

Stuart444

Considering the amount of twitter rants that have been posted on here without repercussions, I am rather surprised that this one time, someone actually got fired for it.

Didn't think that would happen but oh well, didn't care for his comments or anything but hope he lands on his feet then.

Top Bottom