• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Endings Season 3 |OT| Oh snap, we're on Fridays now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
A3BhS.png

Premieres: Tuesday, October 23rd at 9pm
Timeslot: 9pm on ABC, following Dancing with the Stars results show
Season 3:
Created by: David Caspe
Executive Produced by: Jamie Tarses (My Boys), Jonathan Groff (How I Met Your Mother), Josh Bycel (Scrubs)
Starring: Zachary Knighton (FlashForward), Elisha Cuthbert (24), Eliza Coupe (Scrubs), Casey Wilson (Saturday Night Live), Damon Wayans Jr. (The Other Guys), Adam Pally

"Happy Endings" is a raucous comedy about six dysfunctional thirtysomething friends living in Chicago. Called "the funniest show on TV" by Associated Press, "Happy Endings" follows the lives of shop owner Alex and her ex-fiance, Dave, an aspiring restaurateur who runs a food truck called "Steak Me Home Tonight"; crazy-in-love husband and wife duo Brad and Jane, who is also Alex's sister; Max, their perpetually underemployed gay friend, and singleton Penny, always in pursuit of, but never quite finding, the right guy.

Some of the developments viewers will see early this season: Alex and Dave (who haven't been a couple since Alex dumped Dave at the altar) will begin dating again, trying to "keep it cazsh." But since the last time these two got together did not end well, who knows how far the romance will get this time?

For now, only Max knows that Penny also has some unresolved feelings for Dave, but that will change as others in the tightly-knit group catch on. While "the year of Penny" is over (and was less than "ahmahzing"), Penny will continue to date and might finally find a steady boyfriend. Brad, once the biggest breadwinner of the group, was fired from his job in last year's season finale. He'll turn to Max for tips on surviving underemployment. He'll try out a variety of jobs to make ends meet, including working on a bar mitzvah hype team with Max.

Max will also keep looking for the right guy, but his road to romance won't be easy either, and even kind of dangerous when he develops a crush on a physical therapist -- with hilarious consequences for Penny.

"Happy Endings" stars Eliza Coupe as Jane, Elisha Cuthbert as Alex, Zachary Knighton as Dave, Adam Pally as Max, Damon Wayans, Jr. as Brad and Casey Wilson as Penny.

Created by executive producer David Caspe, "Happy Endings" is executive-produced by Jamie Tarses (""Franklin and Bash," "Men at Work"), Jonathan Groff ("How I Met Your Mother"), and Josh Bycel ("Scrubs"). The series is from Sony Pictures Television and ABC Studios.

GIFS!

bitch-5-30.gif
Im-ellen-oh-boy.gif
baby-max.gif
glasses-removal.gif
money-gif.gif
steak-me-home-tonight.gif

Pump Up Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=827Q1b2yILI

Watch this fucking show.

iammeiam

I caught up on this show over the summer. It really is much better than the premise made me expect.

So yeah, lots of people should watch it.

ivysaur12

Banned
301 - Cazsh Dummy Spillionaires

DAVE AND ALEX START DATING AGAIN, TELLING EVERYONE THEY'RE KEEPING IT "CAZSH," ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF ABC'S "HAPPY ENDINGS"

"Cazsh Dummy Spillionaires" - Dave and Alex start dating again, telling everyone they're keeping it "cazsh." When an unfortunate accident lands Penny in a full body cast, Max nurses her back to health. But after he meets her hot physical therapist (Matthew Del Negro as Kent), he starts "misery-ing" her so her fast recovery won't put the brakes on his new crush; and Brad has a secret about his new unemployed status that he's trying to keep from Jane, on "Happy Endings," TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23 (9:01-9:31 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. Brian Austin Green returns as Chris.

"Happy Endings" stars Eliza Coupe as Jane, Elisha Cuthbert as Alex, Zachary Knighton as Dave, Adam Pally as Max, Damon Wayans, Jr. as Brad and Casey Wilson as Penny.

"Cazsh Dummy Spillionaires" guest stars Brian Austin Green as Chris, Matthew Del Negro as Kent, Branton Box as Julian, Laura Chinn as Karissa, Hunter Stiegbl as Brad's Assistant, Ross Mackenzie as Brad's Boss and Damon Wayans Jr. as Sinbrad.

"Cazsh Dummy Spillionaires" was written by David Caspe & Matthew Libman & Daniel Libman and directed by Fred Goss.

302 - "Sabado Free-Gante"

DAVE AND ALEX GO APARTMENT HUNTING, JANE AND PENNY GO CAR SHOPPING AND MAX SHOWS BRAD CHICAGO ON ZERO DOLLARS A DAY, ON ABC'S "HAPPY ENDINGS"

"Sabado Free-Gante" - Dave and Alex go apartment hunting, but their inability to commit to a place puts their real estate agent (guest star Rachael Harris) to the ultimate test. Meanwhile, Jane takes negotiations to crazy levels when she helps Penny shops for a car; and professional freeloader Max shows a cash-strapped Brad how to spend the perfect Saturday in Chicago with no money at all, on "Happy Endings," TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30 (9:01-9:31 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. Rob Corddry guest stars as the Car Czar.

Guest starring are Rachael Harris as Suzanne, Rob Corddry as the Car Czar, Kyle Red Silverstein as Martin and James Eason as Paul.

"Sabado Free-Gante" was written by Josh Bycel & Jonathan Fener and directed by Stuart McDonald.

Matt

There are shows that are better, but when this show ends, I can't imagine one that will leave me more crushed.

That's exactly right. I can see the show's faults, but for some reason I have a stronger attachment to it then any other comedy before, maybe even any other show.

ivysaur12

Banned
That's exactly right. I can see the show's faults, but for some reason I have a stronger attachment to it then any other comedy before, maybe even any other show.

Exactly. Everyone, spread the word. There is a very real possibility of a season 4, but it's going to take positive word of mouth to get eyeballs there.

mantidor

That promo was horrible.

I do have no idea how to market this show correctly though, has to be word of mouth, because that promo is pretty crappy, of course people are going to think is a lame show, the premise doesn't tell the whole story.

I caught up on this show over the summer. It really is much better than the premise made me expect.

So yeah, lots of people should watch it.

See, exhibit A.

aparisi2274

I was able to watch the Kickball episode over the summer. it was so funny, I can not wait for them to air this season so I can watch it again!

jb1234

It's one of those shows that I enjoy but when I think about it, I can't remember why. All the episodes run together, but I also marathoned it...

Matt

This title will be released on October 23, 2012.

I want it now!

Actually the Season 2 DVD was released 2 months ago in a special 2-pack with Season 1 for basically no extra cost. Seriously, I picked it up at Best Buy the week it came out for $22.99, and I already had the first season. But that's awesome, because now I get to give my extra copy to someone else in order to further spread the Happy word.

Here is the Best Buy link, and here it is on Amazon. So, you actually can go get it RIGHT NOW (or, at least when your local Best Buy opens).

TripOpt55

Didn't realize the new thread was up! Season 2 was my favorite comedy season in years. So excited for the new season. Penny looks weird in the promo that the banner uses to me for some reason.

Where he would have been wasted. He's perfect as Brad.

Doubt it. He stood out in the pilot, unlike the others. He got replaced with some dude who isn't funny, which essentially destroyed the character. He is awesome as Brad, and he'd be awesome as Coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom