• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S4 |OT| of not being anything like Twilight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Next Episode
Episode 015: February 21 2013
"Stand By Me"

A1WkXl.jpg

Season Four begins with the knowledge that everything is in transition. Elena faces her worst nightmare when she awakens after the accident and finds she must now endure the terrifying transition to become a vampire – or face certain death. Stefan and Damon are torn even further apart over how to help Elena adjust to a life she never wanted, and everyone has to cope with the chaos Alaric created when he outed the vampires and their supporters to the Mystic Falls Council and local church leaders. Despite everything that has happened to them, as Elena and her friends enter into the final stretch of high school before graduation sends them off on different paths, they feel the bond to their home town of Mystic Falls take on a deeper meaning when a new mysterious villain is introduced who seems intent on destroying it.

Writer:
Julie Plec

Cast:
Nina Dobrev -> Elena Gilbert / Katherine Pierce
Paul Wesley -> Stefan Salvatore
Ian Sommerhalder -> Damon Salvatore
Katerina Graham -> Bonnie Bennett
Candice Accola -> Caroline Forbes
Zach Roerig -> Matt Donovan
Steven R. McQueen -> Jeremy Gilbert
Michael Trevino -> Tyler Lockwood
Joseph Morgan -> Niklaus Mikaelson
Daniel Gillies -> Elijah Mikaelson
Claire Holt -> Rebekah Mikaelson
Torrey DeVitto -> Meredith Fell

Catch Up
OT2 | OT3
Season 1 Episode Guide
Season 2 Episode Guide
Season 3 Episode Guide

Media
The New Intro
Teaser 1
Comic-Con 2012: The Vampire Diaries Panel
CW interviews Paul Wesley (Stefan)
Candice Accola Talks Vampire Diaries Season 4 Premiere
Kat Graham (Bonnie) Talks Co-Star Ian Sommerhalder's Leadership and Season 4
Daniel Gillies (Elijah) Talks The Vampire Diaries in Spoiler Room
CW Interviews Joseph Morgan (Klaus)

Pachimari

I've only just started watching this show. I'm currently on episode 4 of season 1.

Hang in there, the first couple of episodes could be a drag to many but it totally picks up (though I loved the first episodes of Season 1 myself).

The Vampire Diaries is the best TV Show I have ever seen.

We hope all you watching Vampire Diaries will stick along this thread throughout Season 4. =)

Pachimari

Mist ability? Is it something out of the books? Because the show don't follow the books strictly so I have let me tell.

Dizzle24

My girlfriend got me to watch this show 2 seasons ago and it's pretty good. I've been watching since then. But this year my cable provider (Cablevision) here in NY removed the network it airs on! Now I either have to switch tv providers, or be forced to watch online via the networks website on my 15 inch laptop screen :/. First world problems!

Pachimari

I'm really curious as to why there's not more interest from GAF. If we entirely removed the presumption, that this was a Twilight rip-off from every member of this forum, what is keeping them away, while there's our group of people praising it to the skies.

By the way, am I the only one who don't like Bonnie Bennett that much?

Also, it's gonna be a tough job for Nina Dobrev playing Elena Gilbert and Katherine Petrova this time around but I think she can pull it off.

Somnia

Good OP! So excited for this to return and see if they can even come close to topping last season, going to be hard.

EGM92

Katerina Graham -> Bonnie Bennett
Candice Accola -> Caroline Forbes

Both the same pics of Bonnie (Not a bad thing though, so hot :D)

Anarkin

Also, why of why isn't Damon using his "mist" ability...

To... strange to keep it canon?

From an Interview with Julie Plec. (minor book spoiler)

One of the things that we did in the first episode, in the pilot, was directly from the books although we modified it a bit was their ability to control the fog.
And in the books, Damon was actually the crow.
In our world, he was mind controlling the crow. And we just thought you know what? If we are starting there and they can do all this now, where the hell are we going to go? It felt bigger in genre than what we wanted to do with our boys and with our vampires. It just felt a little comic book-y. So while there were a lot of people who really enjoyed it, there were the same amount of people who thought it was cheesy, so we feel like “Alright, what Klaus might be capable of?” Homeboy can roll in there and cause a lightening storm for all we know.

http://thetvchick.com/interviews/fr...torexecutive-producer-of-the-vampire-diaries/

Does anyone else want Damon and Bonnie together? I like Damon and Elena but how many times did she choose Stefan over him?

Somnia

Season 3 viewer numbers by episode, I don't have the actual ratings, but viewing numbers will work:

U.S. viewers in millions

Episode 1: "The Birthday" 3.10, w/ DVR: not released

Episode 2: "The Hybrid" 2.52, w/ DVR: 3.52

Episode 3: "The End of the Affair" 2.74, w/ DVR: 3.79

Episode 4: "Disturbing Behavior" 2.63, w/ DVR: 3.68

Episode 5: "The Reckoning" 2.89, w/ DVR: not released

Episode 6: "Smells Like Teen Spirit" 3.03, w/ DVR: not released

Episode 7: "Ghost World" 3.28, w/ DVR: 4.59

Episode 8: "Ordinary People" 3.51, w/ DVR: 4.63

Episode 9: "Homecoming" 3.17, w/ DVR: not released

Episode 10: "The New Deal" 3.32, w/ DVR: 4.20

Episode 11: "Our Town" 2.86, w/ DVR: 4.29

Episode 12: "The Ties That Bind" 2.71, w/ DVR: 3.84

Episode 13: "Bringing Out the Dead" 2.74, w/ DVR: 4.11

Episode 14: "Dangerous Liaisons" 3.08, w/ DVR: 4.25

Episode 15: "All My Children" 2.90, w/ DVR: 3.94

Episode 16: "1912" 2.64, w/ DVR: 3.96

Episode 17: "Break On Through" 2.69, w/ DVR: 3.72

Episode 18: "The Murder of One" 2.44, w/ DVR: 3.46

Episode 19: "Heart of Darkness" 2.21, w/ DVR: 3.53

Episode 20: "Do Not Go Gentle" 2.22, w/ DVR: 3.23

Episode 21: "Before Sunset" 2.54, w/ DVR: 3.42

Episode: 22: "The Departed" 2.53, w/ DVR: 3.51

note: this does not include online viewing numbers as we almost never get those.

mr stroke

Really surprised how much I enjoy this show. Not a fan of CW programing but after being let down by the last two seasons of True Blood I decided to give this a shot on Netflix. Best Vampire show on TV IMO.(Only thing Vampire Diaries is missing- nudes and more violence)

Can't wait for Season 4

Pachimari

Really surprised how much I enjoy this show. Not a fan of CW programing but after being let down by the last two seasons of True Blood I decided to give this a shot on Netflix. Best Vampire show on TV IMO.(Only thing Vampire Diaries is missing- nudes and more violence)

Can't wait for Season 4

Yeah, it saddens me a bit they won't take the adult themes a bit further but I guess it's a teenage show first and foremost.

TheDanger

Banned

Can't wait for Season 4

I think the violence is really great for a CW show, nudity would be amazing though.

Pachimari

There might be new character in Season 4 beating them all in beauty. ;)

Anyway, Caroline is the sweet type of girl. I really hope Bonnie have a restricted contract again, that will make her appear in just some episodes.

Also, you guys go to other TVD communities or is this basically where you go to discuss everything Vampire Diaries?

fanboi

Banned
There might be new character in Season 4 beating them all in beauty. ;)

Anyway, Caroline is the sweet type of girl. I really hope Bonnie have a restricted contract again, that will make her appear in just some episodes.

Also, you guys go to other TVD communities or is this basically where you go to discuss everything Vampire Diaries?

There are other communites beside GAF?!

*GASP*

Love this show. Got into it heading into last season. It's so well written and fast paced. There's never a wasted moment. Excited to see where they head with Vampire Elena.

Somnia

I hope everyone posting stays through the season, we had a pretty good small community for season 3, would love to see it grow.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Really like the show, although it has its cheesy moments and Elena can be amazingly daft sometimes but I like the fast pace, doesn't give you enough time to think and nitpick.

Prologue

Anna-TVD-001.jpg

Bring her back. Though, I'm sure I'm just beating a dead horse. It was great seeing her in season 3! Bravo to the writers for bringing her back and sending her out properly.

Mairu

I'm excited. The show started out as a guilty pleasure but I think it's legitimately pretty good. It feels like one of the fastest moving dramas on TV and I really like that.

Got my girlfriend watching this about a month ago, she's three episodes away from the third season finale. Cannot wait to see where they go with Elena as a vamp.

Kyoufu

I wish I could just marathon this entire show from start to finish right now. Waiting one whole week for a new episode is so painful.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Thursdays with this and Person of Interest... good time to be getting back into watching TV.

Thursdays with this and Person of Interest... good time to be getting back into watching TV.

Did Person of Interest ever get good? It just felt like a boring procedural crime show, its only redeeming quality being that I really like Michael Emerson.

Somnia

Did Person of Interest ever get good? It just felt like a boring procedural crime show, its only redeeming quality being that I really like Michael Emerson.

I only watched the first few episodes and I felt the same way, but now everyone says its gotten really good. Wish I could stream it somewhere.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

It picks up fairly quickly to the point where I marathoned all of season 1 in two days because I wanted to see what happened next. HIGHLY recommended.

I thought it was going to be your typical CBS crime drivel too, but I was totally wrong.

Windam

Scaley member
Finally! Been waiting for what seems like forever for this to come back. This and Beauty and the Beast (looks sort of interesting and I like me some Kristin Kreuk) are basically going to be my life now (until I can add Suits back into the mix). Nina <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom